Players from the lands of the" foreign"

Guest scott_andrew_william

Guest scott_andrew_william

It's pretty much evident from looking at our squad that we need a couple of midfielders, one being a defensive midfielder. By my guesses we might be going west for them, which could be a gamble, but I think it could come good.

The shortlist:

- Andy Iro, a strong, athletic centre back, I know we don't need another, but you know Alan, you can never have too many ;)

- Brandon McDonald, a defensive midfielder, looks confident on the ball, good distribution and puts a foot in. I think he's the type of player we need, he's better than JOC, who was a poor replacement for Folly.

I know people don't rate the MLS much, but it's a better standard of league than the one we're in, plus I think they have the quality to improve the squad, which is why I'm not the manager. I think we would be an attractive club to some players, and there's quality players in the MLS that want to break into English football.

It's pretty much evident from looking at our squad that we need a couple of midfielders, one being a defensive midfielder. By my guesses we might be going west for them, which could be a gamble, but I think it could come good.

The shortlist:

- Andy Iro, a strong, athletic centre back, I know we don't need another, but you know Alan, you can never have too many ;)

- Brandon McDonald, a defensive midfielder, looks confident on the ball, good distribution and puts a foot in. I think he's the type of player we need, he's better than JOC, who was a poor replacement for Folly.

I know people don't rate the MLS much, but it's a better standard of league than the one we're in, plus I think they have the quality to improve the squad, which is why I'm not the manager. I think we would be an attractive club to some players, and there's quality players in the MLS that want to break into English football.

Based on What? I watch it from time to time and switch off after half an hour......full of ex players from Europe who are on their pass their sell by date and a few ex South Americans of the same ilk who can't make it in their home countries.....Their are a few Americans who have not really come through any kind of league system since their 'High School' days. .it is not very competative at all. Most of the MLS teams would stuggle against the top Conference sides.

Bringing in players from that league who have not played in a competative 'European type' league is a huge risk.

Based on What? I watch it from time to time and switch off after half an hour......full of ex players from Europe who are on their pass their sell by date and a few ex South Americans of the same ilk who can't make it in their home countries.....Their are a few Americans who have not really come through any kind of league system since their 'High School' days. .it is not very competative at all. Most of the MLS teams would stuggle against the top Conference sides.

Bringing in players from that league who have not played in a competative 'European type' league is a huge risk.

Agreed. I went to watch kansas City Wizards against DC United a couple of years ago. Absolute cack.

Absolutely. The overall standard is generally awful. Local TV shows the Rapids games week in, week out (they won the MLS Cup this year) and it makes my eyes bleed. For every Henry or Ljungberg there are 20 journeymen who struggle to retain the ball and pass to each other - and that's with the relatively slow pace of the American game.

Obviously there is some decent talent here - it's not all over the hill stars and 3rd/4th/5th stringers. But whether those better players can step up to the demands of the English game is another matter. Simek had the right idea, playing in England from the off. Doubt he'd have been the same player if he'd spent his formative years with the MLS.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Alexi Lalas would certainly have something to say about the negative comments on the MLS in this thread, and i dont think hed be happy, at all.

True, but if i was him i'd be more concerned with trying to look less like fagin.