Who could we attract as manager?

Guest woofer123

Please.. no ex players, no first time ex superstars, no failed first time round ex superstars.

Irvine wont quit as he wil get a pay out if and when he gets he bullet, I was surprised that the plug wasn't pulled after Staurday, how much worse can a result be. If you dont get fired after losing 5-1 at Exeter when do you go?

Is MM waiting until we drop out of the top two?

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Having read so many suggestions as to our next potential manager if AI walks or gets sacked,,who would actually be willing to take a step down to L1?

I suppose in our favour all candidates would be aware of the huge potential of the club and the fact funds would be available to a certain extent.

Down sides would be our current status and MM's reputation for being trigger happy.

Can we seriously expect a big name manager or is it just wishfull thinking?

Like a few others on here O'neill would be my ideal choice but is it possible (probably not)

Your thoughts.

Big Ron with all his faults or Big Jack. ( with his interest in outdoor pursuits ie fishing and shooting he could shoot some of the pillocks who masquarade under the name of proffesional footballers that are on our books) Well you wanted a big name there's two big uns to be going on with.

If we employ Megson, then I will be handing back my season ticket for this year, and the one I bought last week for next year. I would sooner watch paint dry.

There is no way Mandaric would touch Megson after Leicester.

Megson walked out on him to go and manage Bolton after 40 days in charge.

I think we are safe on that front.

There is no way Mandaric would touch Megson after Leicester.

Megson walked out on him to go and manage Bolton after 40 days in charge.

I think we are safe on that front.

Thank goodness for that. :biggrin:

Big Fat Ron changed the whole culture of this football club, we went from a club which was viewed from the outside as being long ball, to a club which was admired up and down the country for the quality of our football.

There are many people who have a soft spot for Wednesday, and I trace this back to Big Ron.

Sheffield United have long been regarded as long ball, or spoilers, this can be traced back to the Bassett years, unitedites call it passion, but it's ugly in your face, hoofball.

I don't think it is any coincidence that Wednesday are held in high regard, and United are loathed up and down the country.

In my opinion, Megson would change the whole culture of this football club back to pre-Ron days. It ain't pretty.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Thank goodness for that. :biggrin:

Big Fat Ron changed the whole culture of this football club, we went from a club which was viewed from the outside as being long ball, to a club which was admired up and down the country for the quality of our football.

There are many people who have a soft spot for Wednesday, and I trace this back to Big Ron.

Sheffield United have long been regarded as long ball PIGS, or spoilers SNORTERS, this can be traced back to the Bassett years, unitedites People with no brain from Sheffield call it passion, but it's ugly in your face, hoofball.

I don't think it is any coincidence that Wednesday are held in high regard, and United are loathed up and down the country.

In my opinion, Megson would change the whole culture of this football club back to pre-Ron days. It ain't pretty.

Sorry .... Just had to change some of the text :laugh: