Who could we attract as manager?

Guest woofer123

Guest woofer123

Having read so many suggestions as to our next potential manager if AI walks or gets sacked,,who would actually be willing to take a step down to L1?

I suppose in our favour all candidates would be aware of the huge potential of the club and the fact funds would be available to a certain extent.

Down sides would be our current status and MM's reputation for being trigger happy.

Can we seriously expect a big name manager or is it just wishfull thinking?

Like a few others on here O'neill would be my ideal choice but is it possible (probably not)

Your thoughts.

Guest Triplej2

Having read so many suggestions as to our next potential manager if AI walks or gets sacked,,who would actually be willing to take a step down to L1?

I suppose in our favour all candidates would be aware of the huge potential of the club and the fact funds would be available to a certain extent.

Down sides would be our current status and MM's reputation for being trigger happy.

Like a few others on here O'neill would be my ideal choice but is it possible (probably not)

Your thoughts.

Did it need another thread though?

Guest woofer123

Did it need another thread though?

My interest is who people think we could get (and why) its not a who do you want thread so yes i think its worth discussing.

Your thoughts.

as in martin o'neil?!?! good lord i'll have whatever your drinking please

if/when we go up we would probably be able to get in a big name, but theres no way a premiership standard manager would come to us in this division. i'd also just like to say that some people on here are so negative its unbelievable, we're second in the league for crying out loud and you want the manager out?! as long as we're here at the end of the season i dont care if we dont play a pass shorter than 40 yards again this season, think most people would agree that results are more important than performances at the moment

Guest woofer123

if/when we go up we would probably be able to get in a big name, but theres no way a premiership standard manager would come to us in this division. i'd also just like to say that some people on here are so negative its unbelievable, we're second in the league for crying out loud and you want the manager out?! as long as we're here at the end of the season i dont care if we dont play a pass shorter than 40 yards again this season, think most people would agree that results are more important than performances at the moment

Where did i say i want the manager out?

I am one of the happy clappers who is satisfied with our current position.

Guest woofer123

zola

Instead of just posting a name tel us all do you think he would be interested and why.

We all know we are a sleeping giant but would that be enough for a so called big name to be interested?

Not sure that's true. I think performances are JUST as important as results.

This club has been losing money hand over fist and we can't keep going down that track. We need to get the crowds back and they aint coming back whilst AI is playing hoofball. We need the extra revenue and momentum to take the club forward.

Certainly, MM has come in and he's willing to invest - but he's not a bottomless pit of money and why should he be? If he's really going to get serious with investment, he'll want the club to be at least stable (ie to have stopped bleeding cash) - and for that to happen we need the crowds back.

Also don't forget that we are only second due to having played more games. If other teams win their games in hand, our position doesn't look so pretty.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.