FAO Darren Purse

Guest Sheff Owl

He makes one or two mistakes per game and really that's not good enough.

IMO Beevers has gone backwards too and i'll be honest is he really learning anything from Purse? Is Purse the right man to improve Beevers?

A guy who makes one or two mistakes A GAME and he is our captain?

Purse needs to be dropped, i don't give a poo poo if he is the captain - he has not been good enough.

Purse to be dropped before Beevers? Give it a rest.

I see that Purse is once again the scapegoat. Despite him been one of our most consistent players over the past 18 months.

I haven't seen the goals yet, but I wonder how many of them the centre of midfield were caught in front of the ball?

I see that Purse is once again the scapegoat. Despite him been one of our most consistent players over the past 18 months.

I haven't seen the goals yet, but I wonder how many of them the centre of midfield were caught in front of the ball?

consistent in the sense that he makes at least one howler a game?

He was awful the first half of last season and hes been awful recently.

Him not even attempting to head the ball for the first goal last week was unforgivable. Unfortunately for us we didn't score 6 this week to cover for his errors.

Edited by Owls2k

You have very short memories.

I'm not going to change your opinion, so I won't attempt to.

But Purse is not the problem. There are other major issues within our squad.

1.) The centre of midfield...offering no protection, leaving the defence exposed.

2.) A centre half, who has been consistently poor, despite appearing to be a real prospect when he burst on the scene.

But you keep blaming the experienced centre half, because he's not a "local lad" and on a few more bob a week.

Purse isn't perfect, not by a long way. But people are very quick to jump on his back, yet his partner who is consistently poor never gets mentioned. Buxton was exactly the same last season (with another local lad, who played full back avoiding much criticism.)

Edited by frastheowl

Terrible signing.

An absolute disaster to be honest.

Makes rookie mistakes at the age of 33.

I'd rather have Bullen at the back ffs.

I'm 47, but I could see from that first challenge in the first game of last season against Barnsley, where he was knocked off the ball and we conceded a goal, that he wasn't up to the hype...!

Spends too much time ball watching, has fooked Beevers up along with that tosspot Irvine.

Get Spurr and Beevers playing together or Buxton if fit...!

Did he make one or two mistakes per game that nearly/or did cost you goals?

Nah we just strengthened the defence he wasn't bad but you tell the decline had set in, and, Cardiff wanted him for a good price so he went