FAO Darren Purse

one of the most ludicrous threads going on owlstalk at the moment

and it seems it the regulars with their vitriol towards Purse and blaming him for all and sundry

anyone would think he's un-workable some of your wives or partners or something untowards yourself

Purse is not having the best of seasons however he is still head and shoulders ahead of Beevers, Spurr and even Hinds. his leadership qualities are second to none and he still leads this team. sure he's made errors but i feel this is on the back of covering for the stooges in the backline and the lack of cover from the midfield

and ffs, what is this sh*t about Purse making Beevers go backwards???? thats Beevers own fault and to an extent Irvine who's training and coaching him ... not flipping Purse

Guest Darkus Owlus

What's dificult to understand with Purse is he's had a decent career, yet with us his experience counts for nothing. He has less ball control than your average football fan, and then tells us where to go if we don't like his performances.

I never rated him at any point in his SWFC career which has been very, very poor. I don't get to many games, but when I see him play and on TV, his ball control is just god damn awful, you'd have thought he's never seen a football before when it's at his feet. He literally cannot control the ball.

I don't know if he just can't be arsed with us, but he can't possibly have had such pathetic ball control all his career surely?

Darren if you can't be arsed, please just go, it's us that has to pay your wages and a lot of us struggle to find money for tickets. It's not right.

What's dificult to understand with Purse is he's had a decent career, yet with us his experience counts for nothing. He has less ball control than your average football fan, and then tells us where to go if we don't like his performances.

I never rated him at any point in his SWFC career which has been very, very poor. I don't get to many games, but when I see him play and on TV, his ball control is just god damn awful, you'd have thought he's never seen a football before when it's at his feet. He literally cannot control the ball.

I don't know if he just can't be arsed with us, but he can't possibly have had such pathetic ball control all his career surely?

Darren if you can't be arsed, please just go, it's us that has to pay your wages and a lot of us struggle to find money for tickets. It's not right.

If there's one thing that can't be labelled to Darren Purse, it's the fact he can't be arsed.

You can question his footballing ability, his marking etc. etc.

But he can never be questioned over what he gives to the cause.

If there's one thing that can't be labelled to Darren Purse, it's the fact he can't be arsed.

You can question his footballing ability, his marking etc. etc.

But he can never be questioned over what he gives to the cause.

Course he can.

and it seems it the regulars with their vitriol towards Purse and blaming him for all and sundry

anyone would think he's un-workable some of your wives or partners or something untowards yourself

Purse is not having the best of seasons however he is still head and shoulders ahead of Beevers, Spurr and even Hinds. his leadership qualities are second to none and he still leads this team. sure he's made errors but i feel this is on the back of covering for the stooges in the backline and the lack of cover from the midfield

and ffs, what is this sh*t about Purse making Beevers go backwards???? thats Beevers own fault and to an extent Irvine who's training and coaching him ... not flipping Purse

Sense at last!

Purse should act as a mentor to Beevers, it's evident that ever since Woods left and Beevs' has been partnered with Purse - he's definately become a lot worse. The blame though should lie with the manager who has assembled such a terrible partnership.

I'm 47, but I could see from that first challenge in the first game of last season against Barnsley, where he was knocked off the ball and we conceded a goal, that he wasn't up to the hype...!

Spends too much time ball watching, has fooked Beevers up along with that tosspot Irvine.

Get Spurr and Beevers playing together or Buxton if fit...!

I thought it was Laws that fooked Beevers up?

That's what we were all saying last season.

Have you ever thought, he might just be poo poo?

Beginning of last season, he played great in the first half against Barnsley and the became consistently poo for 5 months

He then rapidly improved and finishing the season was on the whole very good

However, he's started this season in a vein that makes Dean Smith look like Jesus

It's not that he hasn't got the ability there, it's just he's been consistently poo since September and needs to be dropped for a spell

I see that nobody has yet come up with a name for a worse CB to have played regularly for SWFC.

Speaks volumes.

I think if you read the thread several people have stated they think Beevers is worse.

IMO they're both not good enough. Purse is the stronger of the 2 and might be effective with a pacey defender alongside him and a holding player he can make simple passes to! but he, Beevers & Spurr are average L1 players IMHO. I think they will stay at this level now for the majority (or in Purses case, the rest) of their careers.

Same goes for Potter, Sedgwick (he's too slow these days) & JOC, all average at this level.

We need a new defence! Simple.... Jones doesnt look too bad but he is playing in wrong position for a start and he may be a bit too attacking minded... but look at Bale! (im not comparing him to Bale BTW!)

Beevers for one ..

Branston

Dean Smith

Maddox

Atherton

Westwood

anyone else pal?

I thought Atherton was OK and Smith was ok in his first 2 months (then became awful).

In terms of being worse than Purse then I would say anyone bar Wood and Bourgherra since L1 last time round...

Beevers for one ..

Branston

Dean Smith

Maddox

Atherton

Westwood

Beevers is better than Purse. He just looks poo because he's having to play with that clown. Branston was no worse, Dean Smith made up for his lack ability with 100 percent commitment to the cause, rather than Darren 'I'm here to just pick up my wages then roger off home back down south as soon as I can' Purse. Maddox was a good defender, just too rumbleing slow because his knees had gone, but if you remember he started to win the crowd over with some solid and clever defensive performances before he got injured for the last time. Can't believe you even put atherton, he was getting found out in the top flight, not league one. I'd have him in the team over purse any day. And finally, Westwood. I admit you got me there - forgot about that donkey! flipping he'll he was awful!

So let me get this right. Some of you on here are defending a guy who is marginally better than Ashley Westwood and (for argument sake) Guy Branston and Dean Smith?

Jesus rumbleing wept. Think about what you are saying. Is this acceptable???? Especially as he's the club captain as well. We Deseve Better. We will not progress until that muppet is shown the door.

Beavers and Spurr were both being scouted by big name teams, they only started to go down hill at the start of last season when guess who arrived. Do the math!!