FAO Darren Purse

You have very short memories.

I'm not going to change your opinion, so I won't attempt to.

But Purse is not the problem. There are other major issues within our squad.

1.) The centre of midfield...offering no protection, leaving the defence exposed.

2.) A centre half, who has been consistently poor, despite appearing to be a real prospect when he burst on the scene.

But you keep blaming the experienced centre half, because he's not a "local lad" and on a few more bob a week.

Purse isn't perfect, not by a long way. But people are very quick to jump on his back, yet his partner who is consistently poor never gets mentioned. Buxton was exactly the same last season (with another local lad, who played full back avoiding much criticism.)

People critisize him when he plays badly and is at fault for goals. Towards the end of last season he god praise for playing well.

Tommy Spurr is a local lad and loads have a pop at him.

He was poor last week, if we're honest. First goal he got beaten in the air by Hoskins who had no right to win the ball. And Bristol Rovers (a poor side) looked dangerous every time they ran the ball at our central defenders.

And there you have it.

You post it, trying to point blame at Purse. But you've TOTALLY contradicted yourself.

How many times did Bristol run at our central defence last week? Too many.

How in hell is that anything to do with Purse? If a defence has no midfield in front of it, then players from the opposition midfield will run at them regularly.

Out of curiosity (I know by the way), how many times did those midfield runnners actually go by Purse when left exposed?

Stop using the easy excuse...and see what our real problem is.

And there you have it.

You post it, trying to point blame at Purse. But you've TOTALLY contradicted yourself.

How in hell is that anything to do with Purse? If a defence has no midfield in front of it, then players from the opposition midfield will run at them regularly.

Out of curiosity (I know by the way), how many times did those midfield runnners actually go by Purse when left exposed?

Don't disagree, but this thread is about Purse.

Don't disagree, but this thread is about Purse.

But the reason you stated to slate Purse, was actually demonstrating how well he played last week. And certainly not his weaknesses.

Like I said, fans have made up their mind about him. Which is sad. The same fans who made their mind up about Buxton last season, but now see him as a saviour.

And there you have it.

This thread is about Darren Purse.

I don't think any Owls fan lays the entirity of the blame at his door for our poor defensive performances. But the fact that Beevers and Spurr have been poor at times, or that the defence has often been exposed by a total lack of presence in the middle of the park, doesn't negate the fact that Darren Purse has been an overwhelming disappointment of a signing, and made some major blunders at the back that have cost us dearly...including twice today.

This thread is about Darren Purse.

I don't think any Owls fan lays the entirity of the blame at his door for our poor defensive performances. But the fact that Beevers and Spurr have been poor at times, or that the defence has often been exposed by a total lack of presence in the middle of the park, doesn't negate the fact that Darren Purse has been an overwhelming disappointment of a signing, and made some major blunders at the back that have cost us dearly...including twice today.

Hang on, don't you know...the reason why Beevers has been absolutely gash this season is because of Darren Purse.

People have been looking to get on Purse's back from the moment he came in, dislodged Richard Wood and performed poorly initially. The next 14 months of solid performances, and tremendous leadership will be ignored. That's Wednesday fans for you.

But the reason you stated to slate Purse, was actually demonstrating how well he played last week. And certainly not his weaknesses.

Like I said, fans have made up their mind about him. Which is sad. The same fans who made their mind up about Buxton last season, but now see him as a saviour.

I am not making Purse the scapegoat, nor giving up on him. In the right system, offered the right protection etc, he could still be a real asset for us.

But he does make a lot of mistakes (Bristol Rovers first goal) and he was obviously not clever today.

I just can't get my head around the fact that some of you think that Purse is even a half decent player.

Just think back through the past 30 years and name a regular cb who was worse than this muppet.

The only one I can think of is Larry May. And I would even go as far as saying that Purse is equally as bad as him.

People have been looking to get on Purse's back from the moment he came in, dislodged Richard Wood and performed poorly initially. The next 14 months of solid performances, and tremendous leadership will be ignored. That's Wednesday fans for you.

It is absolutely nothing to do with that. It's the fact that he is rumbleing awful. Full stop.

Purse has been disappointing from the first day he played for Wednesday in my opinion. Even when the team has got a positive result, he has almost always got away with several howlers in every game. His distribution is appalling and he regularly miskicks clearances, which frequently give possession back to the opposition. He has been one of the worst signings in post-war history at Hillsborough.