FAO Darren Purse

I just hope he reads this forum. Because hopefully he'll get the message and flip off. He's already fooked off from living in Sheffield and gone back down south (which I personally think is disgusting from the club captain), now he needs to fully flip off by engineering a move from the club.

And there you have it.

You post it, trying to point blame at Purse. But you've TOTALLY contradicted yourself.

How many times did Bristol run at our central defence last week? Too many.

How in hell is that anything to do with Purse? If a defence has no midfield in front of it, then players from the opposition midfield will run at them regularly.

Out of curiosity (I know by the way), how many times did those midfield runnners actually go by Purse when left exposed?

Stop using the easy excuse...and see what our real problem is.

I don't get to many games for financial reasons so am not going to vehemently argue one way or the other. However what I will say is that 10-15 years ago we didn't have the current fad of defensive midfielders shielding the back 4, defenders just learned how to defend properly. Now if a defence is constantly being ran out this is going to put them under a lot more pressure but just because he is not bekng protected by a defensive midfeilder does not absolve Purse (or any other defender for that matter) from defending properly. Anyone of a certian age will remember what proper defending was, shepherding, jockeying basicis like that and if a defender can't do that then they either train on and learn or need to find another career.

UTO & WTID

He was poor last week, if we're honest. First goal he got beaten in the air by Hoskins who had no right to win the ball. And Bristol Rovers (a poor side) looked dangerous every time they ran the ball at our central defenders.

Totally agree. I was shouted down though....

I would put buxton ahead of both of em at centre back. If we had 2 Buxtons It'd be great

Yet now he's seen as our saviour.

It's bleedin' ridiculous.

No it isn't.

The fact that people would want Buxton in place of Purse shows you how poor Purse is playing at the minute

He'll be brilliant in the air all day then one lack of concentration and bang, goal.

Try and stick up for him all you like but hes a problem.

I'm 47, but I could see from that first challenge in the first game of last season against Barnsley, where he was knocked off the ball and we conceded a goal, that he wasn't up to the hype...!

Spends too much time ball watching, has fooked Beevers up along with that tosspot Irvine.

Get Spurr and Beevers playing together or Buxton if fit...!

SPURR? He's atrocious. Heart like a lion, and prepared to work hard, but very little ability. Spurr, Beevers and Purse need to be shown the door, along with Potter, Sedgewick and JJ.

Purse has been disappointing from the first day he played for Wednesday in my opinion. Even when the team has got a positive result, he has almost always got away with several howlers in every game. His distribution is appalling and he regularly miskicks clearances, which frequently give possession back to the opposition. He has been one of the worst signings in post-war history at Hillsborough.

Spot on. I couldn't have said it better myself. Like when Blondeau lookeda liability every game; he soon went. Purse has been in the team for 1.5 seasons now.

New it first time I saw him against Barnsley have kept postin for him to get dropped for over a year the tw@t was the main reason we got relegated and nearly out of existence, Milan sort it get rid of both and purse where's yer brother now defending you to the hilt stupid tw@t

Quite simply the worst defender we have had at the club since Jon Beswetherick.

Every game played he will give away at least 2 goal scoring chances. Sometimes the striker will take them and score, sometimes Weaver will rescue us, other times the striker will miss.

It just happened yesterday he gave away 3 goal scoring chances and they scored 2. That's how it goes.

He bring nothing to the team. He is a slow, hoofing, weak has-been and it will be an insult to the club if he ever plays again after yesterday's shambolic effort.

Club captain? What an utter joke.

His signing was the biggest mistake BL made, as it undermined the existing camaraderie of the team because of the way it was announced he WOULD be captain. He seems a decent bloke but he has not the charisma or quality to inspire, and has been detrimental to the progress of Beevers who looks only half the player he was at the side of Woods. Hinds is no superstar but if he can't get a game why not let him go. He could have come on when we were 4-1 up against BR and got some matchtime in. Our goals against tally was always a deception and we can thank our lucky stars and NW that most forwards in this division arr poor quality. We need 2 good centre-backs and a kick-ass midfielder to win this division. When you have played 2 games more than everyone else you need to have got points from those games. Come on Alan, now is the time to show how good you are at picking replacements, now the begging bowl has been put away.

People critisize him when he plays badly and is at fault for goals. Towards the end of last season he god praise for playing well.

Tommy Spurr is a local lad and loads have a pop at him.

Depends where you live, but Tommy Spurr certainly isn't local to Sheffield.

Quite simply the worst defender we have had at the club since Jon Beswetherick.

Every game played he will give away at least 2 goal scoring chances. Sometimes the striker will take them and score, sometimes Weaver will rescue us, other times the striker will miss.

It just happened yesterday he gave away 3 goal scoring chances and they scored 2. That's how it goes.

He bring nothing to the team. He is a slow, hoofing, weak has-been and it will be an insult to the club if he ever plays again after yesterday's shambolic effort.

Club captain? What an utter joke.

Now that is silly.