2 new signings in January

And this is what worries me about Irvine., if it's true that he sees the striker and centre half positions as priority.

The priority is the centre of midfield. Why can most clued up supporters see this, but our manager cannot?! If you look at many of the goals we've conceded this season, the central midfield will have been caught in front of the ball on many of those occasions. Get a disciplined midfielder in, someone who understands the role and actually carries it out. And promotion will be achieved.

Holding midfielder - Centre Half - Striker/Winger. In that order.

And this is what worries me about Irvine., if it's true that he sees the striker and centre half positions as priority.

The priority is the centre of midfield. Why can most clued up supporters see this, but our manager cannot?! If you look at many of the goals we've conceded this season, the central midfield will have been caught in front of the ball on many of those occasions. Get a disciplined midfielder in, someone who understands the role and actually carries it out. And promotion will be achieved.

Holding midfielder - Centre Half - Striker/Winger. In that order.

True

We dont need a winger though

CB is priority for me. We lack cover there. CM options of Miller, Coke, Potter, JOC, and Palmer are enough for me, 5 players for 2 positions.

It's no good having five midfielders, all who cannot perform in a more disciplined, deeper role.

JOC does it best of the lot of them, but he's too energetic and loses position too often.

Have a look at the goals we concede, and see how many are a direct result of our indisciplined midfield.

He didn't say that they were priority as such, I believe the question was do you think we need improvements in the squad and Irvine answered that if we get one injury up front or in central defence we are screwed for back up.

I'm sure other positions will be looked at but we do have 5 CMs on the books.

I agree with Fras. I'd like 3 signings. The 2 mentioned and a central midfielder. We have numbers but not enough quality in central midfield.

Centre Back:

The Dingles are scouting Zander Diamond. I'd love it if we got in ahead of them. He's a quality player and will be available for a knockdown fee as he's out of contract at the end of this season.

Guest Distraught!

I would guess that Irvine is looking to move Heffernan out in January. There clearly seems to be something amiss about Heffernan and a goal isn't going to fix that. Therefore, a forward would be a priority position. As for the centre back position, Irvine seemed determined to get his man from Preston in the summer and the only thing that seemed to stand in the way was money. Irvine probably has the Tudgay money lined up for that one. As for other positions, I reckon he'll try to wheel and deal to strengthen the squad. Most of the spending will be saved until the summer.

I would guess that Irvine is looking to move Heffernan out in January. There clearly seems to be something amiss about Heffernan and a goal isn't going to fix that. Therefore, a forward would be a priority position. As for the centre back position, Irvine seemed determined to get his man from Preston in the summer and the only thing that seemed to stand in the way was money. Irvine probably has the Tudgay money lined up for that one. As for other positions, I reckon he'll try to wheel and deal to strengthen the squad. Most of the spending will be saved until the summer.

Mawene signed a permanent deal in the Greek league this summer.

I'd be happy with two to three 6 month loan signings to see us through to the summer. An experienced but not immobile centre half, a defensive midfielder to sit deep, and a pacy young striker for competition and for when Johnson is out or played on the wing. Pace can really rip into defenders in this division.

Guest Distraught!

Mawene didn't sign because he failed his medical. Parkin is out of contract at end of season and will be leaving PNE at end of season so he might be available at a knock down price!

Is that fact or one of the many excuses chosen by our former board members to cover up having no intention to really sign prospective targets? :ph34r:

My hunch is more to do with money!

I'd be happy with two to three 6 month loan signings to see us through to the summer. An experienced but not immobile centre half, a defensive midfielder to sit deep, and a pacy young striker for competition and for when Johnson is out or played on the wing. Pace can really rip into defenders in this division.

^ this

Would be really suprised if this happens. Although JJ is ahead in the pecking order as a striker, I still think AI has a role for Heff in his plans.

AI said yesterday he still sees JJ as a winger for his best position but with this current fitness can only play for an hour max and will be more of a handful as a striker where he can do less running just the quick bursts.

I expect to see JJ as a winger again.

It's no good having five midfielders, all who cannot perform in a more disciplined, deeper role.

JOC does it best of the lot of them, but he's too energetic and loses position too often.

Have a look at the goals we concede, and see how many are a direct result of our indisciplined midfield.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

In all my days of playing/watching football never have i heard of any player being described as "too energetic" . Absolute Genius!!!!!