Rovers fans 'kettled' in outside Hillsborough

A number of Rovers fans after seeing their team go 4-1 down on 32 minutes decided enough was enough and left the stadium to I guess set off home early or go for a pint or two before going back to Bristol but where met by Police outside the ground who wouldn't let them leave and as they had exited the ground wouldn't let them back in either to watch the rest of the game.

Fans may laugh and say serves them right for leaving early but this is a free country and Police shouldn't be allowed to treat fans like this.

You shouldn't lose all your rights just because you are an away fan in another city!!!

I heard about this happening during the game and checking on the Rovers forum has confirmed it :-

Bristol Rovers Forum

Post 35 in the thread says :-

a mate of mine left at half time and is at present being kettled in by the police in the car park with loads of others .... can the day get any worse... oh ..... 82ers are 1 up ... it can!!!!!!!

Did any of the above posters actually see em outside the west stand, I saw them as I left ( with my young lad) they were their 'lads' not supporters who were trying to leave early. If they left early they were only leaving so they could cause trouble, to be honest if the 30 or so had have made it to Hillsborough corner they would have come unstuck, bloody chavs

Did any of the above posters actually see em outside the west stand, I saw them as I left ( with my young lad) they were their 'lads' not supporters who were trying to leave early. If they left early they were only leaving so they could cause trouble, to be honest if the 30 or so had have made it to Hillsborough corner they would have come unstuck, bloody chavs

A few of them did make it to hillsborough corner mate, and yes they came seriously unstuck !

From what i hear they started in the cavendish about half one.

A few of them did make it to hillsborough corner mate, and yes they came seriously unstuck !

From what i hear they started in the cavendish about half one.

Can see it being an interesting last away game of the season down there then if things go to plan and we are promoted.

A small ground with not enough away tickets to go round meaning thousands of ticketless fans descending on Bristol :mellow:

it wer flippingnawty b4 and after dont u lot wurry bout that yer flippingslags,on west street bout 12ish me and my little firm chased them thru town then bout 2ish there firm pitched up and chased my firm back thru town,weve arranged a massive set to at bristol parkway station at enfd er season, cant flippingwaiit,der yer want sum ?

In English WTF you on about

yes u can have plenty,last match eseason were all gettin 07.42 to birmingham,cause a bit er mayhem, then 12.03 to bristol,ive just been on phone to there main man,he sez theyle be waitin 4 us,no weaklings or part timers allowed on this trip :cool:

Nothing like tipping off the rozzers with all of your plans !!!!!!! now you will have to change them or do you really think policemen don't read these sites?

IMO if you want o fight take up boxing!!!!