Where do Wednesdayite go from here?

This may have been covered in the recent meeting.

What now for Wednesdayite? The shareholding is now .........well, not important.

All Wednesdayite have now are the members, which I believe are only around 2k strong?

I don't mean this to be a negative post, although some will see it as such. I just want to know what the grand scheme is now SWFC have evolved from fragmented ownership to a single owner who does not want fan representation, only fans onside.

This may have been covered in the recent meeting.

What now for Wednesdayite? The shareholding is now .........well, not important.

All Wednesdayite have now are the members, which I believe are only around 2k strong?

I don't mean this to be a negative post, although some will see it as such. I just want to know what the grand scheme is now SWFC have evolved from fragmented ownership to a single owner who does not want fan representation, only fans onside.

We have never used the shares to call a EGM so nothing really changes we will continue to sponsor football in the community , Smile tickets , Helping The disabled to park on matchdays free . Raising money for charitable causes etc etc and continuing to work with the club to promote the Sheffield Wednesday brand .

I have had very good conversations with senior SWFC employees over the last few days and i am positive that we will be encouraged to work even closer with the club .

Oh and yes i forgot Vegas , best to keep that quiet though .

Edited by hugeowl

Fresh board, fresh ideas, change of thinking.

Get rid of the political activists, no more need for Keys or Holmes.

Sheffield Wednesday supporters club based on the German model (Grandad has some excellent information on this), and help the club internally and externally.

Get rid of the political activists, no more need for Keys or Holmes.

Sheffield Wednesday supporters club based on the German model

THE IRONY

Well, cheers for the responses. Some rather predictable.

My personal hope would be for a change in name and a large push for greater membership and some way of seemingly working alongside the new regime in harmony.

SWFC could be on the cusp of great things (non of that crap of Premier in 'x' amount of years) - but we could be on the verge of really turning things around now - it's the one and only time Wednesdayite have to get on board with that and make moves while fans are still on a high with Mandaric taking over.

Otherwise, for me Wednesdayite fade into nothingness.

Let's face it, Wednesdayite as good as sorted the takeover - they are the only party that we know for definite ever approached Mandaric to see if he was interested in SWFC.

So by that rationale, everyone against Wednesdayite would have seen us in administration now.

Mr. Mandaric has, through UK Football Investements LLC, bought the only two shares in Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Ltd which were previously owned by SWFC plc.

Wednesdayite's shares, as is the case with the shares owned by all other shareholders, are in the plc.

So the answer to your question is that we still have the shares in the plc. Unfortunately the plc will now be an empty shell which will presumably be wound up soon.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

So to break it down to simplistic;

Has a cash amount been paid for the W'ite shareholding?

And presumably any sum after covering taxes will go straight into community use?

No chance they've had any cash for them

Wednesdayite has not sold any shares.

As I said above, the only shares which have been sold are the only two shares in the LTD company and these were owned by theSWFC PLC - hence the resolution yesterday at which the PLC shareholders approved the sale of these two shares. They were sold by the PLC.

So despite what rumours may no doubt be started up, Wednesdayite have not sold the shares nor received any money nor any other benefits.

Edited by attica

As I said above, the only shares which have been sold are the only two shares in the LTD company and these were owned by theSWFC PLC - hence the resolution yesterday at which the PLC shareholders approved the sale of these two shares. They were sold by the PLC.

So despite what rumours may no doubt be started up, Wednesdayite have not sold the shares nor received any money nor any other benefits.

good, I'm glad that cleared up

Maybe Wednesdayite could have the aim of generating revenue on behalf of the SCH to pay for shirt sponsorship, therefore ensuring that:

* The club doesn't lose out commercially

* The SCH doesn't lose out commercially

* Wednesdayites' impact and presence in the community is maximised.

Perhaps they could have a blue peter style countdown on the site..

That's clear

Cheers John