Best Wednesday Goal

Guest D0ncaster0wl

Guest aphextwins

hirst vs villa on BFR return is up there...Sadly went on to lose

First game of the season. flipping right goal!

Brunt V Leeds was an awsome one. Made it even better, when he hit it I shouted "You stupid c ** t!! What ya doi............. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!"

Brunt v Coventry was flipping brilliant too, where it swerved in mid air, left the keeper rooted. He even turned round to the kop after with a shrug of the shoulders, as though to say... "What the roger?"

You beat me to the punch there Donny!

Six of my best are (not necessarily in order)

1. Mel Sterland away at Oldham 83/84. Ball headed clear from a Wednesday corner and he caught it full on the volley. Never rose more than a foot off the ground . Goalie (think it was Andy Goram) stood transfixed then slowly looked round at the ball nestling in the bottom corner as if to say "where the f**k did that come from". Never seen a ball hit so hard before or since.

2. Eric McMordie 74/75 season v York CIty. Cross from left by Sunley, McMordie on Right Hand edge of box hits it full on volley. Right in front of the Kop - stunning and it's on TV archive too!

3. Ian Mellor - Opening goal of the Massacre - what more need I say

4. Terry Curran in the return fixture at the Lane on match of the day

5. Sweet Sherri's sweetest strike ever - the League Cup winner in 91.

6. Mel Sterland v Leicester at Hillsboro in 85/86. Attacking the Leppings Lane end. By this time Mel's reputation with his right foot was well known, and the Leicester defence knew it. He went on one of his rampaging runs up the right wing and all the time the Leicester defence kept him in a position where he couldn't shoot with his right. This really ticked Mel off, so he just knocked it onto his left peg and smashed it home from 30 yards out. Priceless!

There are pleny of other great one's too from the likes of Varadi, Bannister, Craig, Shelton, Hirst, Di Canio, Brunt etc.

Brunt V Leeds was an awsome one. Made it even better, when he hit it I shouted "You stupid c ** t!! What ya doi............. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!"

I did similar when the ball was passed to Lee Briscoe for his goal against arsenal, shouted what flip's he gonna do with it...... :ph34r:

Best one for me was hirst against man city at Hillsborough, dont know the year but he ran the ball from the half way line, defender on his heels all the way before putting it away diagonally across the keeper. It was in the youtube compilation someone posted recently.