Best Wednesday Goal

Guest D0ncaster0wl

Guest Ogsowl

Can't remember the year, or the opposition, but back in the 70's (yes, I know!!) Tommy Craig hit an absolute cracker from what must have been 30 yards out.........:biggrin: ....................................

Can't remember the year, or the opposition, but back in the 70's (yes, I know!!) Tommy Craig hit an absolute cracker from what must have been 30 yards out.........:biggrin: ....................................

Hull CIty & Boro both at Hillsborough spring to mind with that! Trouble with Tommo was he either burst the back of the net or hit the scoreboard!

Guest Ogsowl

Hull CIty & Boro both at Hillsborough spring to mind with that! Trouble with Tommo was he either burst the back of the net or hit the scoreboard!

Yeah! Like JJ but with a (much) higher percentage in the net, !:biggrin:

Edited by Ogsowl

Guest TYSON

You beat me to the punch there Donny!

Six of my best are (not necessarily in order)

1. Mel Sterland away at Oldham 83/84. Ball headed clear from a Wednesday corner and he caught it full on the volley. Never rose more than a foot off the ground . Goalie (think it was Andy Goram) stood transfixed then slowly looked round at the ball nestling in the bottom corner as if to say "where the f**k did that come from". Never seen a ball hit so hard before or since.

2. Eric McMordie 74/75 season v York CIty. Cross from left by Sunley, McMordie on Right Hand edge of box hits it full on volley. Right in front of the Kop - stunning and it's on TV archive too!

3. Ian Mellor - Opening goal of the Massacre - what more need I say

4. Terry Curran in the return fixture at the Lane on match of the day

5. Sweet Sherri's sweetest strike ever - the League Cup winner in 91.

6. Mel Sterland v Leicester at Hillsboro in 85/86. Attacking the Leppings Lane end. By this time Mel's reputation with his right foot was well known, and the Leicester defence knew it. He went on one of his rampaging runs up the right wing and all the time the Leicester defence kept him in a position where he couldn't shoot with his right. This really ticked Mel off, so he just knocked it onto his left peg and smashed it home from 30 yards out. Priceless!

There are pleny of other great one's too from the likes of Varadi, Bannister, Craig, Shelton, Hirst, Di Canio, Brunt etc.

Guest TYSON

You beat me to the punch there Donny!

Six of my best are (not necessarily in order)

1. Mel Sterland away at Oldham 83/84. Ball headed clear from a Wednesday corner and he caught it full on the volley. Never rose more than a foot off the ground . Goalie (think it was Andy Goram) stood transfixed then slowly looked round at the ball nestling in the bottom corner as if to say "where the f**k did that come from". Never seen a ball hit so hard before or since.

2. Eric McMordie 74/75 season v York CIty. Cross from left by Sunley, McMordie on Right Hand edge of box hits it full on volley. Right in front of the Kop - stunning and it's on TV archive too!

3. Ian Mellor - Opening goal of the Massacre - what more need I say

4. Terry Curran in the return fixture at the Lane on match of the day

5. Sweet Sherri's sweetest strike ever - the League Cup winner in 91.

6. Mel Sterland v Leicester at Hillsboro in 85/86. Attacking the Leppings Lane end. By this time Mel's reputation with his right foot was well known, and the Leicester defence knew it. He went on one of his rampaging runs up the right wing and all the time the Leicester defence kept him in a position where he couldn't shoot with his right. This really ticked Mel off, so he just knocked it onto his left peg and smashed it home from 30 yards out. Priceless!

There are pleny of other great one's too from the likes of Varadi, Bannister, Craig, Shelton, Hirst, Di Canio, Brunt etc.

Terry Curran in the return fixture at the Lane on match of the day. What a goal

hirst vs villa on BFR return is up there...Sadly went on to lose

THIS

Hirst v Hull, turned Mail on the halfway line

AND THIS

Harkes v Derby in the cup.

PARTICULARLY THIS

Sat in the Derby end with my mate and his Dad - couldn't help but jump up and celebrate, luckily I was fairly young then so I got away with it.

plus dalian Atkinson versus Liverpool 89/90

John Sheridan, free kick Luton away