Best Wednesday Goal

Guest D0ncaster0wl

I did similar when the ball was passed to Lee Briscoe for his goal against arsenal, shouted what flip's he gonna do with it...... :ph34r:

Best one for me was hirst against man city at Hillsborough, dont know the year but he ran the ball from the half way line, defender on his heels all the way before putting it away diagonally across the keeper. It was in the youtube compilation someone posted recently.

Seem to recall Hirsty doing that against Man Utd in about '87 around the 85th minute. We won 1-0, right in the top corner too!

Guest CrazyJack

Matty Hamshaw vs Watford in League Cup, picked up ball defending a corner, mazy run, beat multiple players and slapped in from 20 yards inc a classic goal celebration

YEAH i was guna say this one aswel... Brunt scored some crackers but this one always sticks in my head, remember it like it was yesterday and it was flippingLOVELY it was :biggrin:

Waddle in the semi.. just sat down in row Y went barmy

Hirst at F.C.K. in ze fatherland.... never experienced an atmosphere like it and we took the lead from a sublime header Hirsty on his knees glanced it over ze keeper, went very pear shaped from then on.

Drew Talbot at cardiff..... meant we were certain to go up

Edited by acquiescefc

Guest TonyOwl88

Chris Brunt Vs Leeds

Halfway line chip

In a wierd sort of way... I think my favourite goal was the one Frankie Simek scored against Millwall... just because it was so ridiculous.

The one where Millwall thought they'd scored, and were celebrating while half the Wednesday team ran up the other end and took turns shooting... and it still took 3 or 4 attempts to get it past him.

Guest andyofsheffield

Leicester away in 2006 has to be the best in terms of the quality of our goals. 3 of our 4 were absolute screamers from 30+ yards if I remember correctly.

I remember that game, Brunt and Whelan both scored a pair of screamers with 2 minutes of eachother.

Guest andyofsheffield

Mark Crossley header! Just because it was a Keeper scoring a goal. It was like seeing a salmon leaping out of fresh water!

Guest D0ncaster0wl

Spurr v Plymouth

Spurr v Fulham

Spurr v Fulham was brilliant i was in line with him, Isaw it leave his foot and swerve in mid air. I reckon Lampard wouldve been proud of it

Sheridan V Pigs in the Zenith Data Cup, brilliant run and curler into the top corner

Hirst V Pigs at the Lane, a one-two with Waddle and then a peach of a left footer into the top corner finished by a forward roll in front of the Wednesdayites

I just love goals against the pigs !

Guest wayne foster

Imre Varadi versus Forest 1st game of season on return to top division. Forest corner at leppings lane end headed out to edge of our own area, Varadi ran with it full length of pitch and smashed it in.

Have to say Harkes who score the memorable goal at Derby. The Goal won goal of the season and was one of the few occasions that Wednesday was on equal term with the big clubs.

happy time as we went on to be promoted and won the cup.

Imre Varadi versus Forest 1st game of season on return to top division. Forest corner at leppings lane end headed out to edge of our own area, Varadi ran with it full length of pitch and smashed it in.

:rolleyes:Damn, knew someone would beat me to it

Was stood on the Kop and can remember it as though it was yesterday - and I've never since seen a clip of it (doubt one exists). Maybe it was the occasion, first game back and all that, but out of all of the great goals i've seen this is always the first one that springs to mind when this question gets asked.

Gary Shelton over head kick at newcastle won 1-0 think it was 83/84 season

I know Hirst scored a lot of great goals but the one at Southhamton were we had a shot keeper saved and it fell to Hirst on the edge of the box and he hit it first time and nearly broke the net

Di canio away at everton in last minute in about 1997 1998, think we won 3 v1, got it jus inside own half took a couple defenders on then gave keeper the spaghetti legs, he fell one way paolo took it the other way to run it in the net and nearly gettin clattered by a defender running in, then to top it off celebrated in front of the wednesday fans

Edited by Orlando_Trustful