a new offer from C9S

Shouldn't be surprised at this.

I also would like to think Wednesday would not shut the door on anyone. Negotiation is all part of business, and if they come up with an improved plan and offer, who knows what could happen.

Owner of nobody advised people to keep a listening to Radio Sheffield sports news this afternoon, something about a 'messiah' returning. That info was from a Facebook friend of his.

He's not the owner :)

Guest JonR

Even if they went back to their original offer, they may well find themselves no longer the preferred bidder. They may have to execute their threat and buy TRFC.

How confidant can we feel that there are real investors also interested?

Id take what their offering now mate, £1.6m is better than flip all and the dinosours at the club at the minute

Is by the same association £400k better than 'flip all'?

If so I'm happy to pay this for 40% of the club (as CS9 will be getting).

I will be charging 100k per annum management fees.

Guest utOwlz

Is by the same association £400k better than 'flip all'?

If so I'm happy to pay this for 40% of the club (as CS9 will be getting).

I will be charging 100k per annum management fees.

I dont believe they would'nt invest more money into the club, but thats my opinion, and it would still take them 5 long years just to get back their money in charging £400k

I just want change because anything is better than the current nobs at the club who are putting nothing in

I dont believe they would'nt invest more money into the club, but thats my opinion, and it would still take them 5 long years just to get back their money in charging £400k

I just want change because anything is better than the current nobs at the club who are putting nothing in

Be careful what you wish for.

Shouldn't be surprised at this.

I also would like to think Wednesday would not shut the door on anyone. Negotiation is all part of business, and if they come up with an improved plan and offer, who knows what could happen.

Owner of nobody advised people to keep a listening to Radio Sheffield sports news this afternoon, something about a 'messiah' returning. That info was from a Facebook friend of his.

Now that did make me laugh :laugh:

Guest carlg

TV cameras outside Hillsborough as we write.....(genuinely)

The boardroom has run out of biscuits and/or embalming fluid?!? :-O

Guest utOwlz

Which automatically makes anyone else coming in better.......?

No, but if we carry on like this its only a matter of time before we do enter administration, so why not take a chance and let someone new come in and try, jesus i thought most wednesday fans wanted change at the top, seems like your happy as things are?

For me I am not sure their offer was that off the mark.

we are loss making and are in L1. How much value would you say the club has?

My concerns are:

1) The losing of control; to some yanks that know nothing about the game.

2) The fees they are looking to charge? They would recoup their initial investment in 5 years.

3) The promise of funds going forward? Are the committed to providing the money they have talked about?

To be fair, we long since "lost control"* of the club to a succession of incompetent* rumblesticks* who would struggle to tell the difference between a football and a colostomy bag*.

The management fee being mooted by C9S is an utter disgrace. The equivalent of rogering a corpse, then flipping it over to go at it from the back.

These cockends have shown their true colours. Even the bank, who must be desperate to see a change for the better at S6, have turned their noses up at this deal (or so we are led to believe). If only a fraction of what has been reported is true, I would be utterly distraught if these chancers were allowed anywhere near our club.

*All this is an opinion. It's not even my opinion. I gave mine up long ago.

Edited by Wise_Owl

I think they have missed the boat on this one.

Tried to play too clever by half IMO.

They have lost any goodwill and credibility - certainly as far as I am concerned.

So if they honoured the original deal LS worked for, you still wouldn't be interested? Honest question.

No, but if we carry on like this its only a matter of time before we do enter administration, so why not take a chance and let someone new come in and try, jesus i thought most wednesday fans wanted change at the top, seems like your happy as things are?

Change - yes.

Any change - no

Absolutely.

I wonder - God forbid it should happen - how many of the current pro-CS9 posters will be shouting from the rooftops when it all goes t*ts up.

This insistence on dividing posters into pro and anti is not needed.

I am not pro them, I am certainly not as anti as some of the posters on here, however I do not believe we should shut the door on them completely, especially before a second bid is made and not knowing the terms.

If the offer is garbage, another quick rejection and no would suffice, come back with a better offer and we'll speak again.

One thing that is proven if they come back with a second bid, is those that alleged the original 'derisory' bid was only made to save face, they'd have vanished long before now.

Edited by Furious George