Irvine's negativity will relegate us

Said it before and i'll say it again Irvine has had 23 games so far and at the end of this season if we do go down could we have said "could we have done a hell of a lot more" and i think massive yes.

If we stay up could we say could have have gone for it a bit more in earlier games and again i think yes.

We have just seen contstant negative football, changes on 80 minutes, what the flip is that gonna do?

23 games imo is plenty of time to stamp YOUR mark on the team and do something, anything to change it, yet we just carryon as normal every flipping game.

I'm so pissed off.

did you not see him bring Soares on today, for a striker ?

If that's not going for it then I don't know what is

This "modern football culture" is wearing a bit thin.

Didn't realise that it entailed getting relegated.

yet, like idiots, 9,000 of us have subscribed for another dose !!!

Still another 7,500 needed for target

We could have a management team of Ferguson, Mourinho and God, but we still wouldn't be much better off. This was my argument all along about sacking Laws, I just couldn't see the point.

We're £28m in debt, have been for 10 years, and as a result we've assembled a team of misfits, kids, free transfers and old men. I'm sure Irvine is a very good coach, but to expect him to turn a bunch of very average players he didn't sign, in 3 months into a decent team is laughable.

The players are an honest bunch, but on the whole are League 1 standard. My concern is where we would finish in League 1. That league is full of tough players, who would eat players like Spurr and Johnson.

We could be in the the long haul here.

But be fair that was just one of the substitutions.

That said I didn't see what the other changes were - did you?

Guest Sheff Owl

You won't belive how pissed off i was at that minute when that happened, i was shocked.

You know what i don't get this Striker for a Striker crap, yes in some games it's fine but you know when you are 1-0 down and it's coming to the last 15 minutes then why not just lose 2-0 and get another Striker on for a Defender and go for it?

But be fair that was just one of the substitutions.

That said I didn't see what the other changes were - did you?

yeah, couldn't quite tell who actually came on, but because JJ was getting really leggy and was ineffective, he got replaced. Also threw on an extra striker.

Couldn't quite hear the tannoy though as I was enjoying the band playing too much..... I was in my element

We could have a management team of Ferguson, Mourinho and God, but we still wouldn't be much better off. This was my argument all along about sacking Laws, I just couldn't see the point.

We're £28m in debt, have been for 10 years, and as a result we've assembled a team of misfits, kids, free transfers and old men. I'm sure Irvine is a very good coach, but to expect him to turn a bunch of very average players he didn't sign, in 3 months into a decent team is laughable.

The players are an honest bunch, but on the whole are League 1 standard. My concern is where we would finish in League 1. That league is full of tough players, who would eat players like Spurr and Johnson.

We could be in the the long haul here.

The team was good enough to keep us up for 3 seasons - and finish 15 points above relegation last season

The point is invalid - these same players have proved they can play in this division

Do good managers have players that won't play for them?

If true....

Sorry mate, I'm mentally fooked at the minute and don't really follow you...

But anyways... I think the promble is that we have too many players that, for one reason or another, don't care as much anymore.

There was a casual, almost laid back feel to some of our play today. Apart from the fans contribution it just did not have the feel of a derby.

With 20 minutes to go in a city derby, in a game you have to win... our players just didn't look bothered.... and that really angered me this afternoon.

Sorry mate, I'm mentally fooked at the minute and don't really follow you...

But anyways... I think the promble is that we have too many players that, for one reason or another, don't care as much anymore.

There was a casual, almost laid back feel to some of our play today. Apart from the fans contribution it just did not have the feel of a derby.

With 20 minutes to go in a city derby, in a game you have to win... our players just didn't look bothered.... and that really angered me this afternoon.

Felt exactly the same mate.

Guest Deleted member

Alan Irvines football is the worst football Ive seen from a Wednesday team since Howard Wilkinsons days.

No Plan B, rarely ever 5 passes strung together, the ball consistently pumped deep into the channels by the defenders. No crosses, no defence splitting passes, no positivity.

Its all about stopping the other team playing - and if we dont succeed at that then we are f***ed.

Alan Irvines football is the worst football Ive seen from a Wednesday team since Howard Wilkinsons days.

No Plan B, rarely ever 5 passes strung together, the ball consistently pumped deep into the channels by the defenders. No crosses, no defence splitting passes, no positivity.

Its all about stopping the other team playing - and if we dont succeed at that then we are f***ed.

Sorry ................ but you are 100% right.

He's f*****g clueless IMO.

Let me introduce the elephant into the room. Do you you think Warnock would have put up with this, or, would the players have changed, or, would he have changed them (even for some of those on the bench)?

Guest intercity0wl

AH yes Wilkinsons boring WINNING Football, would gladly take that now.and will take it next season if it brings success anywhere near what Wilko's brought.

Edited by intercity0wl

Sorry ................ but you are 100% right.

He's f*****g clueless IMO.

Let me introduce the elephant into the room. Do you you think Warnock would have put up with this, or, would the players have changed, or, would he have changed them (even for some of those on the bench)?

You do love Warnock :biggrin:

I completely agree though.

Our route one football has no direction, or purpose.