Irvine's negativity will relegate us

Guest Deleted member

AH yes Wilkinsons boring WINNING Football, would gladly take that now.and will take it next season if it brings success anywhere near what Wilko's brought.

wilkos football was incredibly boring - and yes it was successful.

If we play like that we will end up playing in front of less and less fans every week (a little like now). No one wants to sit through that shyte whatever the result.

And playing the sort of shyte football you are advocating for next season hasnt got us winning this season has it

Id rather have Captain Blade as manager than Warnock.

Let it go. He will never manage us.

I agree, because of the blind prejudice of some at the club, it was never going to happen. Personally, I think he still is a top manager and he would have bust a gut to shaft to the Blades. That would have been doubly funny.

Charismatic and a motivator .................. but I would much rather have Div 1 football. Bring it on.

Big Judas Ron was poo poo the second time he came back too.

Guest Deleted member

Theres a huge difference in employing a Manager who had been the most popular manager at Hillsborough since Jack Charlton, who'd won us our first trophy in years and built a team of players who will forever be loved by the fans

and employing one who had gone on record as saying he would love to manage us one day and get us relegated

and employing one who had gone on record as saying he would love to manage us one day and get us relegated

And, do you seriously think he meant that? And, do you think he wouldn't want to re-pay the Blades for their loyalty? And, do you not think post the Palace cup game, in saying that we were a great club, the biggest in Yorkshire (from memory?) that he didn't want the job?

And then, he was still going to come and f**k us over?

Ok - f***k Warnock - I'll take Div 1 football anyday.

If we want to be great again, with our 'limited' potential we had/have to start thinking outside the box. But no, just the same old, same old, mediocrity.

The team was good enough to keep us up for 3 seasons - and finish 15 points above relegation last season

The point is invalid - these same players have proved they can play in this division

Right

06-07 finished with 71points

07-08 finished with 55 points

08-09 finished with 61 points

This season Brian Laws averaged .82 pts per game and was heading for a total of 38 points

Irvine has averaged 1.28 pts per game and in a full season we would have been heading for 59 points (which is very much like the totals for the past 2 seasons)

Not that difficult to see where the blame lies is it?

Edited by BIG D

And, do you seriously think he meant that? And, do you think he wouldn't want to re-pay the Blades for their loyalty? And, do you not think post the Palace cup game, in saying that we were a great club, the biggest in Yorkshire (from memory?) that he didn't want the job?

If we want to be great again, with our 'limited' potential we had/have to start thinking outside the box. But no, just the same old, same old, mediocrity.

Warnock.

Premiership clubs are queueing up for him aren't they.

Hes the definition of mediocre. Half decent manager, great motivator, poorer tactician.

There's thinking outside the box and then there's being careless.

Guest Deleted member

It doesnt matter whether he meant it or not - he said it. End of.

He would be on a hiding to nothing - so would the club.

And there is no guarantee he would have saved us either. If charisma is the qualification required there are others who could provide it. Laws had some - didnt do us any good though

Right

06-07 finished with 71points

07-08 finished with 55 points

08-09 finished with 61 points

This season Brian Laws averaged .82 pts per game and was heading for a total of 38 points

Irvine has averaged 1.28 pts per game and in a full season we would have been heading for 59 points (which is very much like the totals for the past 2 seasons)

Not that difficult to see where the blame lies is it?

Sorry

I didn't realise we had actually been relegated with this team

What an idiot i am

Your stats say it all

There's thinking outside the box and then there's being careless.

OK you're right and I'm wrong.

We should stick with Irvine, then. You've persuaded me and I feel much better now.

I said a month ago, post Derby, that we should give Jeffers a go. I was wrong then too, but obviously I've learn't my lesson.

Jeffers has been poo poo since then.

Sorry

I didn't realise we had actually been relegated with this team

What an idiot i am

Your stats say it all

You're far from being an idiot mate

(what's with the 'relegated' comment)

My point being

If Laws had been allowed to continue then we would have been relegated about 4 weeks ago

and if AI had been here all season we would have been midtable (as bourne out by the stats)

Edited by BIG D

You're far from being an idiot mate

(what's with the 'relegated' comment)

My point being

If Laws had been allowed to continue then we would have been relegated about 4 weeks ago

and if AI had been here all season we would have been midtable (as bourne out by the stats)

Stats can be tricky or more people born out of wedlock though.

If we lose our next two games then AI's record would not be too much different to BL's on a points per game measure.

My point is this...

Forget points per games, forget this run of x matches against this runj of y matches

These players have kept this club in this division for 3 seasons

So with 23 games to play and only 3 points from safety it was absolutely no impossible task to keep the team up again

But i keep hearing rubbish like "impossible job" and "worst players we've ever had"

The evidence quite clearly points to the contrary

They aren't the worst players and the job was nowhere near that difficult

My point is this...

Forget points per games, forget this run of x matches against this runj of y matches

These players have kept this club in this division for 3 seasons

So with 23 games to play and only 3 points from safety it was absolutely no impossible task to keep the team up again

But i keep hearing rubbish like "impossible job" and "worst players we've ever had"

It's not the same team though, is it?

3 seasons ago we had Brunt and Whelan for example.

Season upon season, we have replaced players with lower quality players for the most part. It might just be that we reached a tipping point, with an interaction of BL's management style, change of captain, disruption in dressing room with some players moving, and others having uncertain futures.

Guest Anglofile

Good Night All and Signing Off. AND I MEAN EVERYONE!!

Being positive for the remainder of the week till Cardiff.

Best,

Joerolleyes.gif

I wouldn't bother Scram. The man spent 11 million at Preston, then got the sack. By his own inaction he has made our position look hopeless, when it wasn't when he came, leave em to it.

You are wasting your time.

They can sing for him at Yeovil next year.