Irvine's negativity will relegate us

Not much to add to this thread. I thought at the time it was a poor appointment and i still do.

He is overly negative, and yesterday was the poorest derby game, in terms of quality, i can remember, so it was definately there for the taking, another 2 points dropped IMO. We havent got a great playing staff, but they should be good enough to survive in this league and I personally think Irvine will be gone by christmas. I can accept that style of play if we fight and give 100%, but its clear Irvine cant get these players to do that. And i dont think that bodes well for the future.

Guest steve01760

One substitution, a terrible midfielder for the desperately poor Clarke at that - hardly gonna' swing the game our way is it?

What is the point of having a subs bench, if the same players play week in,week out? What is wrong with trying SAS of Jeffers for tha last 20 minutes?

Boring, Boring Wednesday.

vvank.

Couldn't agree more would rather see us go down having taken a risk and thrown the kitchen sink at teams than this safety first a draws not so bad stragedy.

Guest Deleted member

I went absolutely bloody ballistic when Soares was brought on - the worst substitution Ive seen since Peter Feeley was our 'supersub'

I went absolutely bloody ballistic when Soares was brought on - the worst substitution Ive seen since Peter Feeley was our 'supersub'

I went past anger and just chuckled.

You know when somethings happening bad on television or in a dream and you are powerless to stop it and you just want to shout at them despite them not being able to hear you or you can't move your arms and you need to say something or do something or at least let someone know something but you know time is running out and they can't see you and you just want to do something?

Thats how I felt when Soares took his training top off.

Shoving JJ up front was a personal favourite of mine.

The image of JJ trying to win flick ons and hold the ball up was a magnificent site.

It was merely enhanced by the fact that we had 2 strikers on the pitch.

Guest Deleted member

I went past anger and just chuckled.

You know when somethings happening bad on television or in a dream and you are powerless to stop it and you just want to shout at them despite them not being able to hear you or you can't move your arms and you need to say something or do something or at least let someone know something but you know time is running out and they can't see you and you just want to do something?

Thats how I felt when Soares took his training top off.

Jeffers had been doing the most elaborate of warm ups - severe stretches down the touchline, lots of jogging and knees to chest etc (I was starting to worry he might get injured)...

Then I saw Soares without his sweathsirt on and thought - ah he must be getting hot - it is a lovely day etc etc... and then he went over to the touchline with the coach to go on... I did notice a long delay before Clarke came off after the board had been raised and couldnt decide if Clarke had forgotten what number he was - or whether like the rest of us he was thinking that Irvine had just developed the most amazing sense of humour...

Jeffers had been doing the most elaborate of warm ups - severe stretches down the touchline, lots of jogging and knees to chest etc (I was starting to worry he might get injured)...

Then I saw Soares without his sweathsirt on and thought - ah he must be getting hot - it is a lovely day etc etc... and then he went over to the touchline with the coach to go on... I did notice a long delay before Clarke came off after the board had been raised and couldnt decide if Clarke had forgotten what number he was - or whether like the rest of us he was thinking that Irvine had just developed the most amazing sense of humour...

Jeffers didn't have his blue boots on. That was a worrying sign and probably justified his none inclusion IMO.

or whether like the rest of us he was thinking that Irvine had just developed the most amazing sense of humour...

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but I think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when I die I expect to find him laughing...

Depeche Mode - 1984.

Guest utOwlz

Judge Irvine NEXT SEASON when he can make his own signings, how anyone can blame Irvine for our relegation is beyond me, get real people he has no tools to do his job, Brian Laws wasted very good money on garbage players and that includes the bench players so even if he brings on the players from the bench that you all want to see, we would still be poo !

Give Irvine time and judge him next season

Guest utOwlz

Thanks for that. And me worrying for nothing.

Why didn't you post earlier FFS.

Check the first few pages of this thread and you will see that i did you tail

Guest utOwlz

You did. And, I didn't believe you then either. Hence my 'subtle' sarcasm.

Didnt believe what? youv lost me, im saying people should give Irvine time and you dont believe me? what are you on about

I'm wondering whats gone wrong!

There was times this season where playing Varney, Clarke, Tudgay and JJ would tear a team to pieces.

If we can only get one goal against a somewhat dodgy defence with our best available forwards out we are fooked!!!

Judge Irvine NEXT SEASON when he can make his own signings, how anyone can blame Irvine for our relegation is beyond me, get real people he has no tools to do his job, Brian Laws wasted very good money on garbage players and that includes the bench players so even if he brings on the players from the bench that you all want to see, we would still be poo !

Give Irvine time and judge him next season

His "tools" (euphemism?) to do the job are the same "tools" that have kept the club in the CCC for 2-3 seasons