Irvine's negativity will relegate us

And we would be again if Irvine had been here all season

Based upon what?

Four wins in his first seven games or two in the last fourteen?

Some have been keen to tell us what league position we'd have been in if Irvine's points total applied to a full season, but this has gone (if I recall correctly) from 5th, to 6th, to 9th, to 10th and now to 13th. At this rate, only the end of the season will stop him having us in the relegation zone purely as a result of his own games in charge without having Laws to fall back on.

And we would be again if Irvine had been here all season

Yes

Of course

In a full season he would have us 15 points above the drop

In half a season right smack bang in the middle of a relegation scrap that might even be over with a game to spare

Yeah

Okay

it's not those pesky stat things again is it?

Based upon what?

Four wins in his first seven games or two in the last fourteen?

Some have been keen to tell us what league position we'd have been in if Irvine's points total applied to a full season, but this has gone (if I recall correctly) from 5th, to 6th, to 9th, to 10th and now to 13th. At this rate, only the end of the season will stop him having us in the relegation zone purely as a result of his own games in charge without having Laws to fall back on.

Statistics, statistics and damn lies.

The only relevant statistic is this. I have backed Irvine in the belief that he would keep us in this division, via, persperation, imagination, and determination.

Massive fail so far. End of IMO.

Yesterday's substitutions, or lack of, says it all for me.

Guest utOwlz

You were asked if it was true that we had won just 1 of our last 10 games (or 2 of our last 14 if that makes it any better).

You replied it wasn't.

I suggested you look again.

Can't be that difficult surely?

:huh:

errr i suggest you look again, i said spot on to post saying we would be higher with Irvine from the start, i never once said it wasnt true we had won 1 in 10, so open your eyes

Guest utOwlz

You were asked if it was true that we had won just 1 of our last 10 games (or 2 of our last 14 if that makes it any better).

You replied it wasn't.

I suggested you look again.

Can't be that difficult surely?

:huh:

i see where you got confused with what i said, someone said 1 win in 10 and asked if that was spot on and i replied "no" what i meant was no its not good and spot on, i agree its terrible

I had the face on during and after the game, getting frustrated at the negativity shown by AI. Then it occured to me...

Had we gone for a winner against The Blades and ended up losing the game, just a point for Palace against WBA would have relegated us (on goal difference even if we beat Palace). By accepting a reasonable point, Palace have to beat WBA to put themselves safe before coming to Hillsborough. I think AI has taken a calculated risk that we won't get anything at Cardiff and Palace will get a point maximum against WBA, meaning Wednesday beating Palace on the final day sees safety.

So, whilst I was fuming yesterday with my heart ruling my head, I can understand AI's decision now I've chilled out. :biggrin:

Yippee! Someone I can agree with at last!

Or that both us and Palace get a point, and it's the same deal come may 2nd.

I'm a bit confused as to why people keep spouting the "it's the same squad that kept us up last year" remarks, when as someone hinted at earlier, our "top player" from last year has been pretty crap for the entire season and every other club has spent to IMPROVE their squads, hence a downturn in rankings.

Personally, I'd like to see Irvine given a full pre-season and mass clear out of the dead weight at the club, but without investment (or sales of a few potentially key players) I can't see how we're going to get much better, in which case, it will be purely be down to Irvines talents as a manager to get results with a squad of not already downbeat and awaiting unemployment. Judge him then.

One substitution, a terrible midfielder for the desperately poor Clarke at that - hardly gonna' swing the game our way is it?

What is the point of having a subs bench, if the same players play week in,week out? What is wrong with trying SAS of Jeffers for tha last 20 minutes?

Boring, Boring Wednesday.

vvank.

Maybe he is confused by the swing in form from his first days & dose not have that temper of say a Fergy type to expose the current squad to the rant they clearly need.

People say Irvine has the same tools as Laws has had for the past 2 seasons and kept us up with

But, the first season we stayed up by a single victory.

What if last season we seriously punched above our weight and over-achieved massively ?

It happens. Look at Watford last season...... Or Fulham or West Ham in the prem last season

All these are now back in the echelons where their respected squad would have them placed

Maybe this season, the utter tripe that has been recruited has now come home to roost and caught up with us ?

Maybe Laws we finished way above where we should last year and it fooled a lot of people into thinking we are better than we actually are

People say Irvine has the same tools as Laws has had for the past 2 seasons and kept us up with

But, the first season we stayed up by a single victory.

What if last season we seriously punched above our weight and over-achieved massively ?

It happens. Look at Watford last season...... Or Fulham or West Ham in the prem last season

All these are now back in the echelons where their respected squad would have them placed

Maybe this season, the utter tripe that has been recruited has now come home to roost and caught up with us ?

Maybe Laws we finished way above where we should last year and it fooled a lot of people into thinking we are better than we actually are

I think I might agree with you here, although I don't think Brian Laws is responsible for everything.

These players need to have a good look at themselves, there too many this season that have let us down....Some of them drive around in Audi R8's and Ferrari's- what have they done to deserve those luxuries this season? Unfortunately there's only one man that gets the blame for their lack of effort, and their lack of respect...and that's the manager. *rant over* :biggrin:

.....and I said I agreed with your Glaser....I’m going for a lie down now, just in case I’m ill or something. :biggrin:

I think I might agree with you here, although I don't think Brian Laws is responsible for everything.

These players need to have a good look at themselves, there too many this season that have let us down....Some of them drive around in Audi R8's and Ferrari's- what have they done to deserve those luxuries this season? Unfortunately there's only one man that gets the blame for their lack of effort, and their lack of respect...and that's the manager. *rant over* :biggrin:

.....and I said I agreed with your Glaser....I’m going for a lie down now, just in case I’m ill or something. :biggrin:

:biggrin:

cheeky ***** !!