Irvine's negativity will relegate us

You've got to question the intelligence of anyone who blames AI for our relegation. He's doing his best with a poo squad, if Laws had stayed in charge we would've been down by the end of January. Stop being knee-jerk fairies, yeah we're all disappointed with failing to beat a poor pigs team, but give AI the chance to assemble his own squad before you write him off.

Looks like another top nothc footballing decision by the chosen one.

1) Complete mis management of wood situation, lost at least 300-400k by fecking contract situation up

2) Tudgay see point 1

3) Laws was sacked 5 games too late and then we wasted 5 games with Macauley in charge

4) Irvine comes in and someone within S6 must have recommended that Soares and Varney deserved their loans extending thus using all of remaining budget

I know its sacrelige on here but LS and the three cronies have made some appalling football decisions this season which will result in our relegation

Guest intercity0wl

If we go down Alan Irvine will join Chris Turner as one of the worst managerial appointments in our history.

All the talk of him rebuilding over summer with his own players - nonsense. If we go down he has to go:

ALAN OUT

Has a familiar ring to it.

One of the biggest loads of testicles i have ever read on OT

Guest utOwlz

You've got to question the intelligence of anyone who blames AI for our relegation. He's doing his best with a poo squad, if Laws had stayed in charge we would've been down by the end of January. Stop being knee-jerk fairies, yeah we're all disappointed with failing to beat a poor pigs team, but give AI the chance to assemble his own squad before you write him off.

Absolutley 100% spot on

Where did I say that ?

Using your logic then ................ Laws hasn't relegated us, Irvine hasn't, the players haven't, it's the fans fault for expecting a player to be able to pass a ball 5 yards and then complaining when it does not happen

In no way am i saying that we, the fans, have relegated the team - but you cant say that it doesnt work both ways

All i was inferring is that we have a big part to play aswell, it just does my head in to hear fans who sit behind me int south moan about the slightest thing - a stray pass, a crap clearance, etc

I understand that people pay their money and so have a right to moan but it obviously has a bad effect on the team

Have a feeling that we hoped that McAuley would do enough to get the manager's job but when the performances under him were just as bad, a late sudden decision was taken that we needed somebody fast.

And then embarrassingly we declined to look at managers who would have wanted a budget and were smug about it.

The bank deserve as much blame as the chairman. They are in control. To turn this club around without administration, you need to invest.

That being said, BL did waste an awful lot of money on awful players, but that happens and we removed him.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

If we go down Alan Irvine will join Chris Turner as one of the worst managerial appointments in our history.

All the talk of him rebuilding over summer with his own players - nonsense. If we go down he has to go:

ALAN OUT

Has a familiar ring to it.

what a load of complete testicles

One of the biggest loads of testicles i have ever read on OT

Shreeves, Laws and Yorath - people slate these managers to high heaven. All achieved what Alan Irvine looks like he will not - taking a terrible squad destined for relegation and keeping it up. You think Irvine has done a good job - look at what those 3 achieved in the season they got the job.

Only Turner in recent years failed to do it. Irvine joins Turner if he fails.

We cannot make the same mistake as we did with Turner. Irvine has to go if we go down.

It's the easiest thing in the world to just go along on the conveyor belt. Constantly coming out with the same old footballing clichés. "doing his best with a poo squad" "if X would have been in charge we would've been down" "give him a chance to assemble his own team"

It's complete rubbish. Irvine has had half a season to get us out of trouble. The way people are going off, you'd think we were bottom of the league adrift of the rest. When Irvine took over we were in 22nd position, one victory from getting out of the drop zone. Sound familiar?

What you are saying is based on blind optimism. Nothing else. There can't be anything else to base it on. Because there is NOTHING to base it off. I really hope he proves me wrong. But he won't.

The fact is, and I remember it clearly, the general feeling was, when Laws was sacked, that there was enough time to get us out of trouble. Of course there was. There were 23 games left to play. This was proven by the fact that Irvine actually got us up to 18th in the table, and 2 points clear of the drop at one stage. So he's had plenty of time to get us clear of it. He's somewhere along the line, bottled it. Become too negative and now doesn't know how to turn it around.

Looks like another top nothc footballing decision by the chosen one.

1) Complete mis management of wood situation, lost at least 300-400k by fecking contract situation up

2) Tudgay see point 1

3) Laws was sacked 5 games too late and then we wasted 5 games with Macauley in charge

4) Irvine comes in and someone within S6 must have recommended that Soares and Varney deserved their loans extending thus using all of remaining budget

I know its sacrelige on here but LS and the three cronies have made some appalling football decisions this season which will result in our relegation

You can't go around blaming the Great Leader...it's all Brian's fault...LS was only in charge so obviously he can in no way be to blame for the plight of the club.

Let's get this straight we are in the bottom 3 because we are p$ss poor. We have no style of play, we need 2-3 touches everytime to even get the ball under control! The midfield sit too deep when in possesion of the ball, every attack seems to be played in slow motion, we play with no urgency at all.

Towards the last 10 mins why did we keep chipping/playing high balls into JJ when he was up against Morgan? Why not play it into the channels, or try turning their back four? all we did was play into Uniteds hands.

When you have the pace of JJ you need to play to that strength, keep the ball on the floor and play him on the shoulder of the last defender. Not once did we do this today in was all in the air.

Grant and the back four never communicate, and as much as i rate Grant he never commands his area or feels the need to come for crosses. He nearly played Spurr into trouble with a silly throw in the first half.

Simple 5 yard passes go a stray. Potter does nothing in the centre of the park! Clarke is useless, Tudgay looks half the player he was last season.

So the long and short of it all, we don't have the players who can perform the basics

Summed us up perfectly. But what style of play do we play, can't play long ball becase our strikers cant hold the ball up and they are not technically gifted enough to play a passing game.

AI should have brough Tudgay and Johnson off with 25 mins to go. Its worrying that 30,000 Wednesday fans can see that these two are rubbish and offer nothing, Laws couldn't and now it seems Irvine can't!

I've just come across a very interesting fact.

We have the WORST record in the division when scoring less than 2 goals in a game.

We have scored less than 2 goals in 29 of our 44 games. 66% of our games.

In those 29 games, we have NOT won a single game...not one game. No 1-0 victories this season.

And have only picked up 10 points in total. An average of 0.34 points per game in games we have scored less than 2 goals in.

So WHY OH WHY, does Irvine continue to be so negative. He sets out to secure 1-0 victories...and in a season 44 games old...we have yet to achieve that ONCE. Bewildering.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/sclt2.html

Guest britmod_owl

Dont like being too critical but they got a second breath when their subs came in - jeffers and esajas and even gray could have maybe created a spark that was lacking from tudgay and johnson. didnt understand Alans tactics today and think at cardiff he should just go 442 and go for a win, i now have a lot of confidence in our defense to keep covering the attackers if they lose ball so just go all out attack we have nothing to lose. AI sub choices were very poor today!

Shreeves, Laws and Yorath - people slate these managers to high heaven. All achieved what Alan Irvine looks like he will not - taking a terrible squad destined for relegation and keeping it up. You think Irvine has done a good job - look at what those 3 achieved in the season they got the job.

Only Turner in recent years failed to do it. Irvine joins Turner if he fails.

We cannot make the same mistake as we did with Turner. Irvine has to go if we go down.

Laws didn't inherit a terrible squad, it had some good players in it for the level we are at.

There ain't half some overdramatic sh!te posted on here these days after a game.

So your going to criticise Irvine's subs (or lack of), lets look at the only realistic options. Jeffers/Esajas: neither of them have showed they can do anything when they have come on in the past at all, so what would have been different today? Jeffers would have sat nicely in Morgan and Bartley's back pockets, Esajas would have minced around and left us exposed due to no tracking back, and seeing as they had three up front once Camara came on, the last thing we could do is afford our midfield to slack off. Gray appears to have sadly lost his legs, and he would have provided no greater attacking 'threat' than any of the players already on the pitch. Soares coming on allowed JJ to go up front and try his pace round the back, it didn't work, but it was worth a go.

Irvine cannot win. This isn't his squad, the players are either not good enough or not interested enough. And, the point we got today could be vital come next Monday, for if we hadn't had got it, all Palace would have needed would be a point next Monday to relegate us (assuming we lose to Cardiff). Lets not underestimate how important it was that we didn't lose today, I'm not saying we should have set out to do that, but we clearly showed we are incapable of punishing teams, so the next best bet is to keep within touch of Palace and gain a valuable point.

There is pretty much nothing Irvine can do until the summer when he can get rid of as much of the dross as possible. I'm as disappointed as the next guy, but I'm adamant Irvine is a good manager who will be a good appointment for us once he has had the chance to construct a team of his own. The fact is that without Irvine we would have been down a long, long time ago. His run after his appointment got us some vital wins, and we have even started to grind out draws which we were clearly incapable of under Laws.

To say Irvine has relegated us is foolish. He didn't miss 3 chances in the last few minutes when the ball was at the strikers feet for a clear shot in the box, he didn't bring down United attackers time and time again in promising free kick positions, he didn't go running off because a nasty centre half said some mean words to him. These aren't Irvine's players, he's got to do the best he can with a frankly abysmal squad, I don't see what more he can do.

I don't expect anyone to change their minds, Wednesday fans do love a good flounce. How you can judge Irvine until he has had a chance to build his own squad is beyond me.

Mate, I was banging the same drum until very recently.

But, what has he done, that has given you any impression at all that he will be a success with his own squad ?

What can you base that notion on ? ? (his only good results being the honeymoon period really)

Surely he has now had enough time to put a serious stamp on this team and pick up points in matches against very poor opposition...... Derby, Boro, Bristol, QPR, to name a few.

We have the players who can do it surely, as look at the Cardiff, Plymouth and Scunny results earlier in the season.

Also, why have Reading not been relegated ? Mcdermott has used the same squad he inherited (albeit, they were in a worse position than us)

Managers are judged on their results. So, if Hull or Burnley stay up this season, neither Dowie or Laws can get any credit at all for keeping them up ?

Points wise now, we are creeping back to the Laws total (points per games played)

I now ask myself..... are we really that much better off under Alan ?

Surely, over the season, Laws' gung ho style would have accumulated more points that Alan's trepidation ?

Those defending Irvine are repeating the exact same arguments that people used on here 7 years ago with Chris Turner.

..Not his fault, players aren't good enough

..All Yoraths fault for signing rubbish

..We were always going down this season, Turner is the man for the job

..Must give him time to build his own squad

etc etc

If we go down and keep Alan Irvine as manager we want our heads examining.

Mate, I was banging the same drum until very recently.

But, what has he done, that has given you any impression at all that he will be a success with his own squad ?

What can you base that notion on ? ? (his only good results being the honeymoon period really)

Surely he has now had enough time to put a serious stamp on this team and pick up points in matches against very poor opposition...... Derby, Boro, Bristol, QPR, to name a few.

We have the players who can do it surely, as look at the Cardiff, Plymouth and Scunny results earlier in the season.

Also, why have Reading not been relegated ? Mcdermott has used the same squad he inherited (albeit, they were in a worse position than us)

Managers are judged on their results. So, if Hull or Burnley stay up this season, neither Dowie or Laws can get any credit at all for keeping them up ?

Points wise now, we are creeping back to the Laws total (points per games played)

I now ask myself..... are we really that much better off under Alan ?

Surely, over the season, Laws' gung ho style would have accumulated more points that Alan's trepidation ?

So you've now gone from "Laws was sacked 5 games too late"

To "We should have kept Laws"

I'm still confused as to why Brian couldn't get a few wins when he first went to Burnley if it's that flippingeasy.

AI took over a complete bag if poo and an almost-impossible job. We were fooked at the time leaking goals as well as not scoring either.

Every Wednesday fan at the time would have taken having to win our last game to stop up and it looks as if that's where we will end up.

FFS