Irvine's negativity will relegate us

Agree with the OP - although you should have used the thread title IRVINE OUT

His negativity has cost us too many times and it's getting worse. I'm not a fan of EE or Jeffers but we needed a spark. Esajas did it earlier against the pigs so they would have been wary of him.

Guest Sheff Owl

And next season it could just be exactly the same.

One sub is not flipping enough when you need to win games, just carrying on is not enough when you need to win games.

So who would you bring on? Errr oh yeah the bench is shuffle also.

Jeffers for Tudgay.... he was offering nothing anyway, so we wouldn't have lost out by bringing him on

Esajas for JJ.... same above.... exactly same reason

Gray for Clarke..... instead of Soares (what did he offer)

I can just picture it last day of the season 10 minutes to go we need to beat palace to stay up . Mr Irvine will be looking to 'keep it tight'.

When he first came in we were dreadful and the ultra negative, keep it tight and kick it anywhere when we get it approach was a good idea as it made us more difficult to beat and gave us more confidence as a team

but we're past that stage now and in the last few games we needed to take a few risks to try and get three points.

Jeffers has done pet shop all in his time here, bar steal fvckin' money, he would have changed nowt, the whole teams a crock of Sh8te, Esajas does summat as many times as Jeffers, and Soares is a waste of space...all that changed with the subs was personnel, they brought the same amount to the party as the first 11 usually do, witless fumbling I will excuse the back 4 and Oconnor, although the distribution from the back is laughable and O Onnor is a battler who needs to be allayed to someone who has more skill than Potter, who despite the goal, disappears as often as his namesake

Our current crop of subs are crap and would offer nothing if they came on.

Its time for AI to show a bit of adventure and give the young lads ( Oliver, Modest, Palmer ) a spot on the bench and give them a shot.

"Gi' kids a chance"

I thought I hadn't heard that old cliche for a while...

Guest zero)))

Varney won't score many while he's helping Spurr out at full back.

Get him up front, he's the only one which looks like scoring.

Jeffers for Tudgay.... he was offering nothing anyway, so we wouldn't have lost out by bringing him on

Esajas for JJ.... same above.... exactly same reason

Gray for Clarke..... instead of Soares (what did he offer)

Don't agree glaser. Non of those players have offered anything this season. Although, I have to admit I would rather see Jeffers given a chance for the last 2 games.

"Gi' kids a chance"

I thought I hadn't heard that old cliche for a while...

For what it's worth, I don't agree with putting kids on the bench in such important games, you need experience, but if you have experience and don't use it, you may as well stick a tin of flippingrice pudding on the bench.....

In fairness to Irvine he started the game with 2 centre forwards and 2 wingers, one of whom is a striker. What do you want him to do, play 8 up front? This ain't Sensilble Soccer that you can re-boot if it goes boobies up. I agree he should have brought Jeffers on, but don't confuse tactical safety with having a bunch of players, who generally give 100%, but who are infact more suited to League 1 level, ability wise.

In fairness to Irvine he started the game with 2 centre forwards and 2 wingers, one of whom is a striker. What do you want him to do, play 8 up front? This ain't Sensilble Soccer that you can re-boot if it goes boobies up. I agree he should have brought Jeffers on, but don't confuse tactical safety with having a bunch of players, who generally give 100%, but who are infact more suited to League 1 level, ability wise.

The majority of the side is the same as last season, we stayed up comfortably then.

The majority of the side is the same as last season, we stayed up comfortably then.

Stayed up comfortably? I remember one of the most nervous 90 minutes of my life at Leicester. In previous seasons we have somehow survived as there have been 3 worse sides than us, but eventually things catch up, and it's our turn.

Stayed up comfortably? I remember one of the most nervous 90 minutes of my life at Leicester. In previous seasons we have somehow survived as there have been 3 worse sides than us, but eventually things catch up, and it's our turn.

Last season? When we finished 12th and 15 points clear of relegation? Think you missed a season matey...

Let's get this straight we are in the bottom 3 because we are p$ss poor. We have no style of play, we need 2-3 touches everytime to even get the ball under control! The midfield sit too deep when in possesion of the ball, every attack seems to be played in slow motion, we play with no urgency at all.

Towards the last 10 mins why did we keep chipping/playing high balls into JJ when he was up against Morgan? Why not play it into the channels, or try turning their back four? all we did was play into Uniteds hands.

When you have the pace of JJ you need to play to that strength, keep the ball on the floor and play him on the shoulder of the last defender. Not once did we do this today in was all in the air.

Grant and the back four never communicate, and as much as i rate Grant he never commands his area or feels the need to come for crosses. He nearly played Spurr into trouble with a silly throw in the first half.

Simple 5 yard passes go a stray. Potter does nothing in the centre of the park! Clarke is useless, Tudgay looks half the player he was last season.

So the long and short of it all, we don't have the players who can perform the basics

Guest East_Dene_Owl

Starting with 4 forwards Tudgay Clarke JJ and Varney is hardly been negative.

Some of these players need to have a good look in mirror.

Guest anstonowls

I said when Irvin was appointed, that I was gutted. Why did Preston get rid of him? I am not a great fan of Lee Strafford either and wasn't this his first major decision!