And That..

Why are we determined to go down without trying something different ?

No blame on the players today, as they fought.

Blame firmly on a manager afraid to try things.

Negativity and fear of change has again cost us.

The only thing we need that's different are two strikers who can finish! We had several chances to finish the game off today (and in several others recently!) but we've got no one with the quality end product. To blame that on Irvine is, frankly, ridiculous. Why all the calls for Jeffers? Someone tell me (based on some evidence) why he has the ability to change the game? Has he done it before? No. Will he ever do it? No.

The fact is we have a very VERY poor squad with no one on the bench who can change a game - with the exception of Esajas who's the most inconsistent player on the planet and produces the goods once every 15 games! That said, I think today was the day to take the punt and get him on the field, was that a mistake by irvine? Possibly - but had he brought him on and, as usual, he'd done nothing then he'd have taken off a player who is more consistent and could have changed the game (Varney). He'd probably have taken flack for that too!!

Yes we've drawn too many games, but do people REALLY think Irvine is playing for a draw? Give the man some credit! He's putting the best team we have out on that field, all that he'd be doing by bringing Jeffers et al on the field is weakening the side - we ALL know this and we're clutching at straws by trying to offload the blame to the manager.

Today's game is disappointing and to be honest I think we'll go down, but do I blame Irvine - of course not, the players are the one's who time and time again have not played to the best of their ability.

The only thing we need that's different are two strikers who can finish! We had several chances to finish the game off today (and in several others recently!) but we've got no one with the quality end product. To blame that on Irvine is, frankly, ridiculous. Why all the calls for Jeffers? Someone tell me (based on some evidence) why he has the ability to change the game? Has he done it before? No. Will he ever do it? No.

The fact is we have a very VERY poor squad with no one on the bench who can change a game - with the exception of Esajas who's the most inconsistent player on the planet and produces the goods once every 15 games! That said, I think today was the day to take the punt and get him on the field, was that a mistake by irvine? Possibly - but had he brought him on and, as usual, he'd done nothing then he'd have taken off a player who is more consistent and could have changed the game (Varney). He'd probably have taken flack for that too!!

Yes we've drawn too many games, but do people REALLY think Irvine is playing for a draw? Give the man some credit! He's putting the best team we have out on that field, all that he'd be doing by bringing Jeffers et al on the field is weakening the side - we ALL know this and we're clutching at straws by trying to offload the blame to the manager.

Today's game is disappointing and to be honest I think we'll go down, but do I blame Irvine - of course not, the players are the one's who time and time again have not played to the best of their ability.

Is why we're down.

3 glorious chances in the last minutes of the game and couldn't bury any of them.

In addition - AI has to take some of the blame again. He should have been making a substitution 5-10 minutes after their goal, NOT with 15 minutes to go - bad, infact awful management.

ooo look, a bacon comment.

QPR, Bristol City, Middlesboro & Pigs - 4 matches against teams that were there for the taking when we were desperate for wins.

However, due to the ridiculously cautious approach of AI we have amassed the grand total of 2 points from these matches.

Law's deserves a fair amount of stick for our predicament but I'm afraid AI will be culpable when we are relegated.

QPR, Bristol City, Middlesboro & Pigs - 4 matches against teams that were there for the taking when we were desperate for wins.

However, due to the ridiculously cautious approach of AI we have amassed the grand total of 2 points from these matches.

Law's deserves a fair amount of stick for our predicament but I'm afraid AI will be culpable when we are relegated.

definitely siding with this argument now

Laws has assembled this gash team, but I feel Irvine and his negative, baffling approach has relegated us

Guest tomarkley

Wow.

Starting with Tudgay, Varney, Clarke, Johnson and he's labelled as negative.

What should we have done? Replaced Spurr and O'Connor for Jeffers and Soares? Maybe Modest should have played too?

That line up was as attacking as we get. If they look poo poo, its because they are.

totally agree mate, Said it all in another thead and got shot down

regards

First of all he needs a massive clear out, and somehow find players who can put away half chances consistently and defend now and again!

He'll take us to the Prem in 2 seasons

Thought AI would be a good appointment, but sorry, he has a squad of players to use and seems incapable of using them. We have no star players but he seems to be stuck in a rut and unable to even try and change things. There is no way he will bring us back up next season.

In fairness to AI he inherited an awful squad and his options on the bench were as bad as what he had on the pitch.

Someone else said he had no ambition for not bringing Jeffers on!!! FFS!! Says it all really.

We made 3 really good chances to win the game at the end with the team he had on. AI wasn't one who made a bollix of them.

Maybe, but that doesn't explain why AI hasn't taught them how to play football in his 4 months. We still don't know how to make space and runs, we still try and pass the ball without lookiing up first, the strikers don't understand how to get goal/ball side of the defender, too many crossed balls, especially near to the keeper etc. Until we get those problems sorted we are always going to struggle.

We still don't know how to make space and runs, we still try and pass the ball without lookiing up first, the strikers don't understand how to get goal/ball side of the defender, too many crossed balls, especially near to the keeper etc. Until we get those problems sorted we are always going to struggle.

All those things are down to the intelligence, composure, and skill of the playing squad. AI has organised us so that we're tighter at the back. He's taught them that. But you can't teach intelligence, composure and skill.

New Chairman...same rumbleing useless decision when it comes to the football side of the business.

Laws sacked too late / Macauley was given too long to prove he was cheap option / Irvine = Laws Mk 2.

Complete and utter roger up of a season by SWFC from top to bottom .

Right. I thought todays result was fair considering everything, and if someone had offered a 1-1 draw before the game I would have snapped their hand off, BUT what I fail to understand is, why would anyone stick the same team that has performed so ineptly and spinelessly and won one of the last ten games??

I thought the old addage was, 'dont change a winning team', not stick with the same predictable losing bunch! Soares for Clarke?? Do me a favour!!! Jeffers was warming up for most fo the second half, ok, alot of people might not like him, but at least he could have given us something different.

Why wait until the dying minutes before changing things? Has Irvine been dragged down to the players' mentality already? WE NEED TO WIN ffs!! Sometimes you have to gamble!!! If things arent working, change things before the 82nd minute!!!!

Alan - gutless, predictable - not good enough.

Guest devon-owl

disapointing result today, i see us sneaking a point at cardiff (just!) praying Wba beat palace next monday! and then it all going down to the palace game win or bust ....

Daz, Scunny have a good team spirit, we have a squad packed with bad eggs. Rotten rotten squad who don't have it in them to fight for the badge when the chips are down.

I don't dispute that - but a good manager can get players playing without fear, with belief, organisation and with total commitment - with the exception of a (pretty negative) organisational progress, have we really seen much improvement in these areas?

And that is from a team which has largely been an established CCC team these last 2 or 3 seasons at least and not one which came up last season and got a few drubbings to welcome them back (Sflaphorpe).

Daz, we have improved, we are not conceeding a hatful like under laws, we all agreed when AI came in that we had to make us difficult to beat and we are to an extent, the problem is our creative and front players who simply are not good enough, no one could change that. AI achieved his first task to a point but upfront is another issue with this lot. It's a tough call and we probably have done as well as we could.

Daz, we have improved, we are not conceeding a hatful like under laws, we all agreed when AI came in that we had to make us difficult to beat and we are to an extent, the problem is our creative and front players who simply are not good enough, no one could change that. AI achieved his first task to a point but upfront is another issue with this lot. It's a tough call and we probably have done as well as we could.

Gotta agree with this. He's made us hard to beat, it's not his fault our strikers are crap and our midfield lacks creativity.

Guest Parky1867

Would signing another striker on loan have been a better use of resources than re-signing Soares?

I heard Warren Feeney was available on loan around that time.