And That..

Guest Anglofile

I look at it this way.

If we are lucky enough to come to the last game, needing a win to stay up, has Irvine shown enough to indicate he can deliver in a must win game ?

On balance, I'm sad to say no. A 0-0/1-1 draw won't be good enough.

Exactly and that's what I fear the most. It would be THE MOST gutting result!!!

Worst Blades team ive seen for a long while, Wednesday put the effort in for the main part, but theres nowt like any guile or subtlety about us...lack of composure when we are in good positions is sadly lacking,

Neither keeper had owt like a real save to make.

Never been as nervous before a game for ages and had 3 pints instead of fvckin' breakfast, i now feel like sh*t

But..we needed to win, we did not go for it second half, we should have, sadly the players do not seem capable of sustained pressure it simply comes in a frantic burst of flailin' arms and legs...

We need to beat Cardiff now, a very tall order, its not looking hopeful..

This is why we have some of the most low intelligence fans in the country. The ignorance of thinking we're still a big clubs blinds what is clear infront of people.

Sflaphorpe have some excellent individuals and are well organised.

Small club maybe, but they have better players.

I don't know what AI could have done better, with no money to spend, and bad attitude cvnts stealing a living on contracts given out by the former incumbent.

Regardless of what division we're in next season he absolutely deserves the chance to assemble his own squad, get rid of the rubbish that is in place now and build his footballing ethic.

Last thing we need is prospective investors coming on and publically saying we're already down.

FFS.

That Sflaphorpe team was in League 1 last season and everyone was saying they were one of the worst teams to come to Hillsborough for a very long time when we stuffed them 4-0.

We have been an established CCC team for a few seasons now and almost this very same team finished 12th last season and were due for a 'play-off push'.

If Sflaphorpe's manager can get that team organised AND scoring goals, playing without fear and with belief after being down and out, then why hasn't AI managed that with us?

How much has Adkins had to spend?

I understand the loyalty factor towards a manager, but I see no basis for your confidence in AI other than blind hope. I hope you're right as we all want a successful SWFC - but based on his short track record as a MANAGER at both PNE and SWFC and the fact that none of us have any idea of whether he is capable of building a squad of any note - it is difficult to see why you are so confident.

I think that what we needed was not another 'same again' manager last time, but someone with more charisma and more recognised motivational skills. The club needed a shot in the arm and didn't get it.

Time will tell, but it's not easy to be particularly positive about our chances of success under AI when we had 69 points to play for.

I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Daz

That Sflaphorpe team was in League 1 last season and everyone was saying they were one of the worst teams to come to Hillsborough for a very long time when we stuffed them 4-0.

We have been an established CCC team for a few seasons now and almost this very same team finished 12th last season and were due for a 'play-off push'.

If Sflaphorpe's manager can get that team organised AND scoring goals, playing without fear and with belief after being down and out, then why hasn't AI managed that with us?

How much has Adkins had to spend?

I understand the loyalty factor towards a manager, but I see no basis for your confidence in AI other than blind hope. I hope you're right as we all want a successful SWFC - but based on his short track record as a MANAGER at both PNE and SWFC and the fact that none of us have any idea of whether he is capable of building a squad of any note - it is difficult to see why you are so confident.

I think that what we needed was not another 'same again' manager last time, but someone with more charisma and more recognised motivational skills. The club needed a shot in the arm and didn't get it.

Time will tell, but it's not easy to be particularly positive about our chances of success under AI when we had 69 points to play for.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hooper or Tudgay ?

Guest Anglofile

I'm now starting to think that a different manager would have kept us in this league

That's what's most difficult for me to understand. At least die with your boots on! Not with a negative whimper.

Joe

Spineless 2nd half. Never looked bothered. If we cant get some fight from the players for this match then we aint gonna get it from any other. We'll get dicked off cardiff cos we screwed them last season and it will render the Palace match null and void. If they know that a win will keep them up they'll go all out against a brom side that have nothing at all to play for.

We're going down because we are poo poo and have too many players that cant be bothered.

As a team they dont deserve the backing they've had from the fans this season. Utter dogshit. I'm angry as much as upset to be honest.

Guest Sheff Owl

I'm now starting to think that a different manager would have kept us in this league

You know what AI has had 23 games so far enough time to get us out of this mess and we have played the same 11 or 12 players all the way through and played negative, i really don't undertstand it.

These players have done what? No he could not change it massively but change flipping something please, why oh why have we just carried on the same way all the way through.

Fortune favours the brave.

Playing for draws and not going for it is hardly brave.

The fat lady is gargling - does she have a season ticket at Hillsborough?

In fairness to AI he inherited an awful squad and his options on the bench were as bad as what he had on the pitch.

Someone else said he had no ambition for not bringing Jeffers on!!! FFS!! Says it all really.

We made 3 really good chances to win the game at the end with the team he had on. AI wasn't one who made a bollix of them.

That's what's most difficult for me to understand. At least die with your boots on! Not with a negative whimper.

Joe

Agreed. He started that way in all fairness, but he does not have either the persona, or the management skills to alter things to either get a win, or go chasing a game.

I would love to know a) what Tudgay offered all day and b) what JJ offered in that last half an hour that Esajas couldn't have offered.

Alan's negativity has spread like a curse through the club, to the extent that the players now seem to be afraid of going for the win

Joe

Very active today Joe, lets get rid of the manager bla bla bla, pity you couldn't have done a better job of finding some investors, that's if you're not just another Walter Sheard.

Guest Anglofile

Very active today Joe, lets get rid of the manager bla bla bla, pity you couldn't have done a better job of finding some investors, that's if you're not just another Walter Sheard.

TBH, I'm very sorry also. No excuses.

Joe

I can't help worrying that Irvine is no better than Laws and we have simply spent money paying off Laws, Hiring Irvine, changing backroom staff and undoubtedly a few players to end up just about where we were.....except for the continuity.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this, I'd love to be...Come on Irvine.....make it happen.

Looks like Tyto was the prophetic one

Yes he's a dour Scot but so are Kenny, SAF and Moyes, if he can get the team playing and winning he'll get my support

Definitely dour but no Moyes

Irvine is an interesting one for me. Wouldn't be in my top three favourites but I can certainly see the merits. It is either a very inspirational appointment or will turn out a complete disaster. .

Inspirational it has not turned out to be

3 year contract isn't it?

Buggar

someone said it the other day (think it was Arthur Bach), that we would have been a lot better giving someone a deal til the end of the season and then reviewed it all then

Guest Anglofile

Looks like Tyto was the prophetic one

Definitely dour but no Moyes

Inspirational it has not turned out to be

Wow....speechless!