And That..

Lots of informed opinion from folks who didn't attend the game...

You got another view on it?

From what it looks like - my view is pretty much nailed on with Jowl's post on here.

I'm fookin' glad I didn't travel a 100+ miles at the cost of my dissertation by a sour, lethargic performance.

we definately needed to inject some enthusiasm into the game

totally deflated after that result

why not chuck on EE, Gray and maybe Jeffers ... take a risk .. fresh legs running at that flipping ugly dirty meathead Morgan

instead we bring on Soares and thats it ... see the game out

You got another view on it?

From what it looks like - my view is pretty much nailed on with Jowl's post on here.

I'm fookin' glad I didn't travel a 100+ miles at the cost of my dissertation by a sour, lethargic performance.

I did the same journey and i'm glad I did.

I did the same journey and i'm glad I did.

Do you have a dissertation in for tomorrow?

If you can justify travelling home for that, then your a better man than me. It sounded like a complete shower on the radio and this has pretty much been confirmed by other posters views on here.

we definately needed to inject some enthusiasm into the game

totally deflated after that result

why not chuck on EE, Gray and maybe Jeffers ... take a risk .. fresh legs running at that flipping ugly dirty meathead Morgan

instead we bring on Soares and thats it ... see the game out

totally baffling

Maybe he thought a point was enough ?

But then why did he start with two out and out wingers (one a striker granted) ?

Do you have a dissertation in for tomorrow?

If you can justify travelling home for that, then your a better man than me. It sounded like a complete shower on the radio and this has pretty much been confirmed by other posters views on here.

It is like an excuse 8-ball.

Looks like you're cracking on with it.

It is like an excuse 8-ball.

Looks like you're cracking on with it.

So what's your view on the match?

Happy with the point?

Happy with the fact we could be down this time next week?

This derby was our chance - everything goes out the window. We should of gone hell for leather but we bottled it, with a ton of easy chances and a tactically inept manager making only one substitution in a game which could arguably have kept us up.

This is why we have some of the most low intelligence fans in the country. The ignorance of thinking we're still a big clubs blinds what is clear infront of people.

Sflaphorpe have some excellent individuals and are well organised.

Small club maybe, but they have better players.

I don't know what AI could have done better, with no money to spend, and bad attitude cvnts stealing a living on contracts given out by the former incumbent.

Regardless of what division we're in next season he absolutely deserves the chance to assemble his own squad, get rid of the rubbish that is in place now and build his footballing ethic.

Last thing we need is prospective investors coming on and publically saying we're already down.

FFS.

Good post Tom agree with quite a lot except Anglophile isn't an investor and has never claimed to be, the trouble is, have the people he introduced managed to get anyone with cash to do a deal ? I have my doubts.

Re AI : I wasn't overwhelmed by his appointment a good respected coach granted but had he really the experience managing to steer us clear ? -we'll see . I do however think he must be given plenty of time to see what he can do next season The Witch-hunt has started it seems with criticisms of tactics I certainly hope we go for it these last 2 matches just not losing isn't an option.

Spineless 2nd half. Never looked bothered. If we cant get some fight from the players for this match then we aint gonna get it from any other. We'll get dicked off cardiff cos we screwed them last season and it will render the Palace match null and void. If they know that a win will keep them up they'll go all out against a brom side that have nothing at all to play for.

We're going down because we are poo poo and have too many players that cant be bothered.

As a team they dont deserve the backing they've had from the fans this season. Utter dogshit. I'm angry as much as upset to be honest.

agreed Tris

Edited by steelowl

So what's your view on the match?

Happy with the point?

Happy with the fact we could be down this time next week?

This derby was our chance - everything goes out the window. We should of gone hell for leather but we bottled it, with a ton of easy chances and a tactically inept manager making only one substitution in a game which could arguably have kept us up.

They had nothing to play for and were visibly calm throughout. They aren't a very good team but they're professional.

We were nervy. Our goal was the only real piece of quality in the entire game. Purse and JOC were great and Tudgay, Clarke and JJ were all equally ineffective, a draw was fair.

No

No and

No

Winning this game alone couldn't have kept us up

Oh and as much as I love Wednesday - they don't come in front of me getting a 2:1, never.

You must really love facebook and Owlstalk then.

Guest tomarkley

OK, I apologise for thinking Anglofile was a self-exclaimed investor. All his big talk to Billsaja about how many offices they have and the meetings they were having clearly made me think otherwise.

But what I still don't get, is how quickly people can forget stuff. I never thought Daz of all people would be calling for a manager to be sacked after 21 games.

Yes we murdered Sflaphorpe 4-0 but we got equally taken apart by Reading. The division is full of results like that but look at it from the full season. What about camping in Barnsleys half in the first half at H'boro to only just hanging on for a draw by the skin of our teeth?

What about being 3-0 down at Bramall Lane at half time? How inept were we at the back then compared to now?

What about Peterborough away? They have been cannon fodder in this division yet at theirs they asked serious questions of our defence and only lacklustre finishing saw us come away with anything.

Who went to Derby away this season? We were awful, EVERY ball went through Esejas because he'd had a good 20 minutes the game before, this is left footed Esejas on the right wing. Sums up Laws ethic perfectly.

Then we appointed AI..

Who went to West Brom away this season? We could have won that, we matched them and really put a shift in. Clarke cost us that game with his poor finishing. But we were miles ahead of the clueless performance at Derby, playing against a better team. We were unlucky not to come out with something. Can you really look back at the last ten games - as unproductive as they have been - and say we have not improved from the shambles that Laws left us with?

You lot forget Laws used to play people in all manner of positions. You all hated it, and now Irvine is playing them where they supposedly 'prefer' to be, your all crying. Does it genuinely suprise you all that our players are poo poo in their preferred positions like they were when Laws put people whenever?

AI isn't a perfect manager, but who do you lot think we are. We're close to being relegated to the old 3rd division and we have NO money. We're a club that has Wolves and Derby's surplus to requirements. Look where Derby are now.. We are playing with a team made up of their rejects. We're playing a centre half at left back and ruining him week by week because we can't afford anything else.

You lot want miracles, I just want all the useless cvnts that Laws brought in released and AI to be given a proper chance with his own players who play to his own ethic. We used to be all about getting behind the team, turning up in numbers, fighting through adversity and having a craic at away games. Now its died a death and we're a team who's fans chant about how much they hate Leeds while struggling to back their own team. Thats the reality, wake up to it.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Who is this Anglofile? He knows naff all about football.

You do realise... That while AI took over, the WHOLE defence has improved, Spurr has been excellent, Purse and Beevers the same.. With Nolan being an astute signing.

Jermaine (excluding today) has been a man possessed of late, but he STILL lacks the composure required to be a top Championship player.

This isn't a fluke, this has been down to man management and top-notch tactics. AI's record isn't a fluke, he knows what hes doing.

So to all you people claiming its AI's fault, it isn't.. Would you sooner us go back to the Laws times? Getting spanked every week with no chance of scoring.

Who is this Anglofile? He knows naff all about football.

You do realise... That while AI took over, the WHOLE defence has improved, Spurr has been excellent, Purse and Beevers the same.. With Nolan being an astute signing.

Jermaine (excluding today) has been a man possessed of late, but he STILL lacks the composure required to be a top Championship player.

This isn't a fluke, this has been down to man management and top-notch tactics. AI's record isn't a fluke, he knows what hes doing.

So to all you people claiming its AI's fault, it isn't.. Would you sooner us go back to the Laws times? Getting spanked every week with no chance of scoring.

Man possessed is he not a part of the team that has failed to score in 18 games?

Ref his record , I believe it is now less than 1 win in every 3 games as a manager...hardly earth shattering, If he knows what he is doing then god help us if we got someone who was clueless as we may just get relegated