And That..

Am I right in thinking that anything less than a win against cardiff means we can be relegated live on Sky if Palace beat West Brom?

A draw at Cardiff keeps us, mathematically, in with a chance of staying up even if Palace win.

I think that we would have to beat Palace about 9 - 0 in the last game if that was the case, depending on the score between Palace and WBA.

Guest bigandy

Just read the first page of this thread and all I can say is:

ANGLOFILE PLEASE F OFF

You know flip all about 'soccer' in general and know absolutely F all to do with Sheffield Wednesdays players or manager. How you can be commenting on the game yesterday when you've probably never been to Sheffield let alone Hillsborough is beyond me. You're taking us for a ride mate and the sooner you stop stringing everyone along the better.We are sick to death of people like you and Geoff Sheard, leave us alone.

You're an embarassment to mankind

Guest tomarkley

Of the people who are attacking Alan Irvine, answer me one question;

Did you go to Forest, WBA and Middlesbrough away?

What do you think of those performances compared with Derby, Sheffield United and Peterbrough away?

If you then factor in some of the home performances and squandered opportunities we could be 5 or 6 points better off with strikers who were playing poo .

Some of you have been playing too much Fifa10 if you want Irvine to pick the squad, put the crosses in and physically nod the ball in himself.

We've created the opportunities, we've wasted them.

Of the people who are attacking Alan Irvine, answer me one question;

Did you go to Forest, WBA and Middlesbrough away?

What do you think of those performances compared with Derby, Sheffield United and Peterbrough away?

If you then factor in some of the home performances and squandered opportunities we could be 5 or 6 points better off with strikers who were playing poo .

Some of you have been playing too much Fifa10 if you want Irvine to pick the squad, put the crosses in and physically nod the ball in himself.

We've created the opportunities, we've wasted them.

Of course, those problems have never afflicted any other manager have they? Neither has Irvine benefited from any good fortune whatsoever I take it (eg. just yesterday Johnson could easily have been sent off and a shot that we deflected onto our own post could easily have gone in)?

It's swings and roundabouts, with the ultimate outcome over an extended period usually pretty much what the balance deserves.

Edited by DJMortimer

Guest tomarkley

Of course, those problems have never afflicted any other manager have they? Neither has Irvine benefited from any good fortune whatsoever I take it (eg. just yesterday Johnson could easily have been sent off and a shot that we deflected onto our own post could easily have gone in)?

It's swings and roundabouts, with the ultimate outcome over an extended period usually pretty much what the balance deserves.

But people are suggesting that we haven't improved under Alan Irvine, which is rubbish.

In the last ten games compared with Laws' last 10 games, we have doubled goals scored, halved goals conceeded and and more than trebled points gained.

The performances at Forest, WBA and Middlesbrough are a far cry from the away performances at the start of the season.

I'm not talking about luck, I'm talking about finishing off the chances you've worked to get on the end of. Clarke in particular has been guilty of poor finishing, but at least he's getting in there unlike Tudgay.

What more could Irvine do? The facts support the argument. You all want miracles, but if it had been down to better finishing and more clinical play we could well be 3 or 4 places above where we are now.

Yes we are a crap but what do you honestly think this set of players would achieve with a different manager?

Sorry, who's blaming the fans? All I've seen is mcmigo mention it. No sign of any comment like that coming from the club is there? And I doubt there will be cos Lee isn't thick. He's had a dig before at stayaways etc but never at the 'truefans'. Nobody can knock our crowd yesterday. A similar crowd v palace will see us close to the targetted average I'd wager (stats anyone?). I will be astonished if the fans are blamed. To me the fault lies with the players. If Alan thought that bringing on Jeffers or EE would improve us he'd have done it. They show in training what they can do. Alan sees this every day, we don't. Maybe there's a reason he doesn't make subs.

Sorry, who's blaming the fans? All I've seen is mcmigo mention it. No sign of any comment like that coming from the club is there? And I doubt there will be cos Lee isn't thick. He's had a dig before at stayaways etc but never at the 'truefans'. Nobody can knock our crowd yesterday. A similar crowd v palace will see us close to the targetted average I'd wager (stats anyone?). I will be astonished if the fans are blamed. To me the fault lies with the players. If Alan thought that bringing on Jeffers or EE would improve us he'd have done it. They show in training what they can do. Alan sees this every day, we don't. Maybe there's a reason he doesn't make subs.

If we get 35,00 for the final match attendances will be about 5% below target. Our points total is currently 32% off play-off target (i.e. below points total of 6th placed team).

Says a lot about who's let who down.

Jesus Christ.

I never ever thought I'd see the day that Wednesday fans would be calling for the manager to be sacked because he didn't bring on Francis Jeffers to save us from relegation.

Absolutely flipping mind boggling.

:laugh:

13 months since his last goal.