And That..

SPOT ON. AI lost 2 points for us today.

Gutted for most of the players today, as I sensed a change, and real passion.

The missing ingredient was guile, skill, and ambition from a tactical perspective.

Sickening, as I'd rather go down knowing we had tried everything.

Guest Anglofile

Boyz left it out on the pitch.

Felt bad for them as they needed at least a couple of subs in the last 15 minutes.

We could have taken the match.

Interested in AI's remarks post match????:mad:

Have to agree with the sentiments in the majority of this thread.

For me, the jury is still out on AI in a big way. Ok, there was the 4 wins out of 5 at the start of his tenure but that was almost with a new manager coming in. There have been ample, AMPLE opportunities and games for us to have picked up more points than we have.

Don't get me wrong, a significant number of players have under-performed but Irvine doesn't seem to have got amongst them by dropping players that weren't putting it in, and his team choices have been consistently cautious/negative, even at home.

*sighs*... Notts County next season...

Guest Anglofile

Please Joe enlighten me!!! What did AI have to say??

Sorry, will be interested in hearing comments prospectively. Questions by press should start with why only one sub??

I said Irvine was the wrong choice when he was appointed (and took some fearful stick on here for it) , and im afraid i havent seen anything to change my mind.

He is a dull , negative manager and even if we miraculously stay up the playing style next year will alter little...............................im afraid to say his lack of bottle - foresight - ambition call it what you will cost us big time today.

The lack of substitutions in a MUST win game was quite staggering....................................FFS Spotland here we come!

We were warned by the Preston fans.

We were told to expect negativity and and lack of ability to change things.

Let's put this into perspective. Palace have given us a 10 point start, and look likely to still beat us in our 'pushing for the play-off's season'.

Disaster of a campaign.

PS Just heard AI's interview, and he has given up on staying up in my opinion.

Edited by Mr Farrell

Guest tomarkley

I can't believe some of the posts on here.

Laws played open and attacking Football, went for the jugular.

Where did that get us?

I think Irvine has rightly identified that we've got a shocking squad that doesn't play well together and tried to nick every point we can get.

I think if he keeps us up it will be a miracle and he deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid.

The very fact James O'Connor has been one of our players of the season says it all. We're that devoid of technical ability when it matters that we've started being thankful for the players who are poo poo but at least have a bit of heart.

We're no worse off than we were before this weekend. Its still in our hands.

AI - disappointed having been 1 up. Gave away some silly free kicks as they are a threat.

Composure - spoken about it again in recent weeks, need a cool head - best players are ones who can be composed.

Been difficult to address a lot of issues as games come thick and fast. Can't wait for pre-season.

Know we have to match Palace's result next week to bring it to last match.

Asked if confident about us scoring in that match if it came down to it - stumbled a bit before saying we scored today and we practice finishing on the training pitch every day, but training and match day are different.

Cresswell said JJ's elbow caught him.

If we match or better Palace's result we will know whether we need a draw or win - time will tell.

Didn't find it too inspiring if I'm honest and the question about subs was never raised from my recollection.

AI - disappointed having been 1 up. Gave away some silly free kicks as they are a threat.

Composure - spoken about it again in recent weeks, need a cool head - best players are ones who can be composed.

Been difficult to address a lot of issues as games come thick and fast. Can't wait for pre-season.

Asked if confident about us scoring in that match if it came down to it - stumbled a bit before saying we scored today and we practice finishing on the training pitch every day, but training and match day are different.

If we match or better Palace's result we will know whether we need a draw or win - time will tell.

here you go joe daz summary on irvine interview spot on :biggrin:

Didn't find it too inspiring if I'm honest and the question about subs was never raised from my recollection.

Guest tomarkley

Laws this season playing attacking football = 21 games, 17 points,

Irvine this season with his style = 21 games, 27 points

I think I can see who was responsible for us being in the position we are. On that form, had Irvine been in charge all season, he'd have this pile of poo poo in 13th place.

Giddings had a bit of a spat with a fan earlier,he asked whether EE and or FJ9 coming on would have changed the game,his argument being that EE especially only does it in patches and FJ9 not at all.

Guest Anglofile

irvine interview on radio next joe....... i will enlighten you to his post match interview :rolleyes:

Just listened. No new news. :blink:

Joe