we Hate Wednesday flag

Guest Deleted member

Bigger brother syndrome.

My mother still lives on the Cross. She thinks she's upper working class.

She's always told me since I was young that people who supported United were common. I used to laugh, but now I'm not so sure?

Despite the last few years I suppose much of the current generation of blades fans have had to put up with Wednesday being top dog, significantly too. So I suppose it may have come from that...but even people like McCabe with the "world vs Sheff Utd" mentality is something else.

I remember when we were in the Premier League, I went to an FA cup match at the Lane (to support the other team of course lol) and there was a real rabid bitterness there ..this was a time when United really were struggling, perhaps even before Warnock.

The problem is, its starting to creep into our fanbase now as were all so fed up, were not that much different, but I know for a fact we wouldnt have a flag like that.

Despite the last few years I suppose much of the current generation of blades fans have had to put up with Wednesday being top dog, significantly too. So I suppose it may have come from that...but even people like McCabe with the "world vs Sheff Utd" mentality is something else.

I remember when we were in the Premier League, I went to an FA cup match at the Lane (to support the other team of course lol) and there was a real rabid bitterness there ..this was a time when United really were struggling, perhaps even before Warnock.

The problem is, its starting to creep into our fanbase now as were all so fed up, were not that much different, but I know for a fact we wouldnt have a flag like that.

No it isn't IMO.

Have you looked on any of their boards? You, genuinely cannot compare both fan bases. Owls fans are much more comfortable with themselves, better humoured and a better class. Better history, better ground, better name etc.

What embitters them is, no matter what they do, it will always be the same. Be fair, that must be hard to take.

By the way I married a Blade (from a 'casual blade' family). She cannot believe the levels of vitriol that they now dish out. It's just embarrasing. Take the flag for instance, take 'geary a blade through and through' take 'bummer commands rallying cry to Morgan'. All cringe worthy I'm sure to the decent contigent amongst them (and there are some).

God help us if we every got that stupid. But we don't need to, because we having nothing to prove.

P.S - Obviously I Iike common women (very Allan Bennett) before anyone mentions it.But I put my foot down when it came to the Kids. Wasn't difficult by the way - who would you choose?

No it isn't IMO.

Have you looked on any of their boards? You, genuinely cannot compare both fan bases. Owls fans are much more comfortable with themselves, better humoured and a better class. Better history, better ground, better name etc.

What embitters them is, no matter what they do, it will always be the same. Be fair, that must be hard to take.

By the way I married a Blade (from a 'casual blade' family). She cannot believe the levels of vitriol that they now dish out. It's just embarrasing. Take the flag for instance, take 'geary a blade through and through' take 'bummer commands rallying cry to Morgan'. All cringe worthy I'm sure to the decent contigent amongst them (and there are some).

God help us if we every got that stupid. But we don't need to, because we having nothing to prove.

P.S - Obviously I Iike common women (very Allan Bennett) before anyone mentions it.But I put my foot down when it came to the Kids. Wasn't difficult by the way - who would you choose?

Fair point about the message boards, its all teeth gnashing bile whenever ive been on the Utd forums, aimed either at us or each other. But I think many of the more intelligent blades are sick of not having a decent site...so they end up on here lol

What has this Bomber Commander been saying?

There may be less of us posting similar crap on owls boards, but I think, despite our better humour the infighting of recent years and apathy is our lowest ebb. It wasnt always like this was it?

Fair point about the message boards, its all teeth gnashing bile whenever ive been on the Utd forums, aimed either at us or each other. But I think many of the more intelligent blades are sick of not having a decent site...so they end up on here lol

What has this Bomber Commander been saying?

There may be less of us posting similar crap on owls boards, but I think, despite our better humour the infighting of recent years and apathy is our lowest ebb. It wasnt always like this was it?

http://www.sheffieldunited-mad.co.uk/roll/ed14/battle_cry_515535/index.shtml (edited)

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2122043726 (full version)

I don't remember the hatred/vitriol being this bad when I was a Kid. Just banter.

However, whenever we went on a school coach trip, from the cross, in the 60's (say out to Derbyshire) as we approached Bramall Lane we used to 'duck down' on the bus to avoid looking at it.

Always been rivalry but not at this level (from memory).

I actually think its quite funny. Just shows that they have an inferiority complex IMO

http://www.sheffieldunited-mad.co.uk/roll/ed14/battle_cry_515535/index.shtml (edited)

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2122043726 (full version)

I don't remember the hatred/vitriol being this bad when I was a Kid. Just banter.

However, whenever we went on a school coach trip, from the cross, in the 60's (say out to Derbyshire) as we approached Bramall Lane we used to 'duck down' on the bus to avoid looking at it.

Always been rivalry but not at this level (from memory).

I actually think its quite funny. Just shows that they have an inferiority complex IMO

I didnt even know Chris Morgan could read?

Its not a bad rallying cry but then he stoops pretty low with the comment that were all criminals, animals etc...thats the nastiness that suddenly appears.

If he thinks owls are animals, then I dont know what lobbing wee wee and flares makes people.

why would they put that war cry on the main page like its actually a good heart warming tale..

its just bile,

Have you read the original(?) - even better. The bloke obviously has mental issues. Rapists, criminals etc, etc?

Because they are common (my mother was right with hindsight).

The blokes a f******g wacko.

And a completely inadequate f******g thrower ((see I am getting as bad).

Edited by ReadingOwl

Have you read the original(?) - even better. The bloke obviously has mental issues. Rapists, criminals etc, etc?

Because they are common (my mother was right with hindsight).

The blokes a f******g wacko.

And a completely inadequate f******g thrower ((see I am getting as bad).

He clearly isnt a commander of any kind in the real world...I have a rather amusing image in my head of what he probably looks like whilst hacking away at his keyboard....wheezing....touching himself :biggrin:

Edited by Bluesteel

I find it hilarious how obsessed they are with us - making a flag about us! Bunch of sad tw@ts!

The flag is just the tip of the iceberg though isn't it? It's an entire culture.

I dare say a few Owls go on their message boards on the internet, and if it flashes up a Hillsborough that they're losing, it will raise a cheer, but that's just about where it ends.

For them, they're happy with the last 10 years because they've been the 'top Sheffield club', when it actual fact they seem to be missing the point that nationally they will only be recognised when they achieve something proper, rather than spending one season in the premiership...that's probably why we're still considered the bigger and more successful Sheffield club across most of the country despite the fact that we've been poo poo recently and haven't won a trophy for nearly 2 decades.

They're a decent sized club with good potential and if McCabe had more ambition they could have driven us into the ground between 2000 and 2009, but they have a ridiculous culture there when they will always accept utter mediocrity as long as we're doing worse...i'v got Blade friends who said that they'd prefer us to go down rather than them get in the play offs because it would make them happier :laugh: i remember someone on here posting a link to people on Bladesmad saying the same thing...it's flipping crazy and an attitude that we've never had at Wednesday since i'v been alive.

I showed a neutral the difference between us and them by visiting there sites and here.

Their response was that un*ted clearly were bitter about us the way they bang on about us.

We on the other hand only have a handful of fans on here like that but 90% of the site is about us.

Its sad but so true!