Just got back

Very disappointing result, but we looked solid shame time is running out. Sooner or later the luck must change in front of goal, but I might be still saying that come may!

There is no doubt we would have let that game before Xmas.

Potter out!

Derby very poor and can now see why they are down there. Hulse commited a foul everytime he challenged simple as that!

Edited by shez owl

Everyone needs to stay positive. We need 4 wins and a draw to reach Irvine's target. A win today would have been great, but we move on, Watford is a massive game, but very winable.

We just need to keep believing. We would have lost this game if BL was still here.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Not sure how you can moan at Hinds.

to be fair to the OP, he was probably having a dig at the truly unbelievable distribution Hinds exhibited today !!

As a defender he is dependable, but when he is on the ball........... it is quite frightening !

Thought JOC did ok. Potter was again useless. Time Miller or Soares moved inside. Miller is better than Soares on the wing.

Disappointed with Leon today.

Tudgay is shyte and Jeffers looked ok :O

I have always been a fan of Potter, but today he was really poor. It was nice to see Francis get into it today and hope he gets a bit of a run in the team.

Apparently on Sky they said it was a 'horror show at Hillsborough for all'. I thought it was quite a good performance and did everything but score! Certainly seen a lot worse this season.

Beevers MOM by a mile.

Soars brilliant first half.

Spurr improved performance from recent weeks.

Nolan settling in nicely at RB

Miller - sound game, should have scored first few minutes.

Grant- good saves

Purse sound performance up to the injury.

Potter - still not convinced by this bloke.

Clarke - poor today, seemed to lack a yard of pace.

Tudgay, luxury player, not on form today.

O'connor - average.

Hinds - filled in well for Purse.

Jeffers - got in good positions but lacks the killer touch.

Essajas - none existant, too lightweight.

Edited by marconi

Ps. What about Savage robbing the ball from the kids game at half time? Tut tut Robbie.

I know Savage is a wee wee tail..... but he is a very, very funny one

One of the games true "characters", which seem to be getting squeezed out of football

to be fair to the OP, he was probably having a dig at the truly unbelievable distribution Hinds exhibited today !!

As a defender he is dependable, but when he is on the ball........... it is quite frightening !

But it's not really Hinds fault.

It's not his job to be bringing the ball out and passing it. That's what Darren Potter is paid to do, but again he was absent all afternoon.

But it's not really Hinds fault.

It's not his job to be bringing the ball out and passing it. That's what Darren Potter is paid to do, but again he was absent all afternoon.

who ?

I didn't think we had any money to make any more loan signings

I thought that.. but then he was dispossessed by none other than our own number 67, Barney Owl. :biggrin:

To be fair to Savage, going and having a kick about with the kids was all done in good sprits,

Just a pity they are all to young that they wont remember it in later years.

Notice he stopped his warm ups to have a pike at the lady owls as well the dirty bugger

Thought JOC did ok. Potter was again useless. Time Miller or Soares moved inside. Miller is better than Soares on the wing.

Disappointed with Leon today.

Tudgay is shyte and Jeffers looked ok :O

That sums it up for me.

We could have been there until this time next week and we wouldn't have scored.

Just got back. Not read the thread, so sorry if I am being repetitive.

Bit deflated really.

A performance that at any other time of the season might have bordered on the acceptable. But it is not any other time of the season - we are in a dog fight trying to avoid relegation, and the performance did not seem to reflect that.

It was like watching a pre-season friendly. A real lack of tempo and a lack lustre performance. No real 'pressing' took place which, considering our position, was disappointing. Don't get me wrong, they tried - but the wrong type of trying (if that makes sense?).

1st half - Soares was a class apart to anyone on the pitch. Spur and Beevers were good too.

Probably get slated for this - but amongst a mainly impotent performance - Jeffers looked a different class when introduced. His touch and off the ball movement was superb. I actually felt optimistic that we might ****** a win.

He really did look quality (but it looked to me that he missed a simple header in front of goal - did I see right?)..

Up against it now. A win was there for the taking today. Derby were mediocre and must be delighted with the point. They had a comfortable afternoon. Too comfortable

Again, very disappointed - off for a beer after a long drive home.

Never write us off, it is the Wednesday way, but I fear we might not make it his year.

I hope they prove me wrong.

Regards

UTO

The back 5 were very good today, Nolan impressed but Beevers was my MOTM by a mile- the best i'v seen him play in the best part of a year.

Soares was superb in the first half and unlucky with a shot which Bywater did well to save, but went missing a tad in the 2nd half as fatigue clearly set in.

O'Connor and Potter were poor- we had 4 CM's playing today, and IMO the two chosen to play in the middle are the worst pairing.

Miller played well without being outstanding as he has been in recent weeks- the cross that he put in for Tudgay from the right wing during the first half was an absolute brute of a cross, how Tudgay fluffed that header from 4 yards i'l never know.

Clarke did try, but his lack of anticipation winds me up sometimes- Tudgay won plenty of flick ons as usual, and yet for most of them Clarke hadn't run beyond him, and was stood ball watching.

Tudgay showed some nice touches and looked a lot more effective playing with Jeffers, but should have scored that header in the first half.

Hinds defended well after he came on and let no-one down.

Jeffers played VERY well- until he came on, there was no movement in midfield or up front.... he was lively and always on the move, and dragged Derby's CB's all over the shop which created space for others. The two chances he had (the header inside the 6 yard box, and the half chance when Soares beat their keeper to the ball and rolled it towards and unguarded net) that he missed do make me wonder how much of a 'fox' he really is though.

:huh:

Which thread is that in?

The 'Marcus Tudgay thread'.

Seems like we both missed the fun.

Oh well, put it down to depression, tiredness and beer!

UTO

(p.s - you post some good stuff too), I think it's important to let the boy know when he's done good.

Bring back Billsajas :ohmy: