Spurr Going ?

Guest Egghead

Please God no.

Has Football Rumours ever been right?

People can post what they like and it goes up.

My mate once sent in he was playing for some none league team and a league 1 club (can't remember who as this was about 5year ago) came in for him and he was set to sign and that got put up.

Guest Stereophonics

On what basis do people think he'd be a good centre half hes played his entire professional career at left back so that makes him a left back, plenty of players come through the ranks playing in different positions to where they end up.

Spurrs has no pace whatsoever and his positioning is terrible so im sure he'd be a terrible centre half. The amount of goals we've conceded from him losing his man on crosses also indicates he probably wouldn't be up to playing centre half.

Fair play to him he improved a lot bit last season but at the start of this he was every bit as poor as purse who took dogs abuse but purse has managed to turn his form around were still waiting for tommy to do the same.

My thoughts exactly

Yeh you're right mate, he may be a liability and teams may focus their attack down the left side because they know he is inept, and he may get dragged out of position constantly and run around like a headless chicken, but at least he comes over and claps the fans.

And you are happy to settle for that?

I flipping despair.

I despair as well, people like you. 10 others in the side , some supposed to score goals & don't, midfield we have none, 3 other defenders & a goalkeeper but just pick on Tommy Spurr. Still a young lad & i hope he makes it, but get on his back & he wont. Edited by everydayiswednesday

I despair as well, people like you. 10 others in the side , some supposed to score goals & don't, midfield we have none, 3 other defenders & a goalkeeper but just pick on Tommy Spurr. Still a young lad & i hope he makes it, but get on his back & he wont.

But the thread is about Spurr going, not the rest of the shower. Ok, most are cack but Spurr is the cackest!

I despair as well, people like you. 10 others in the side , some supposed to score goals & don't, midfield we have none, 3 other defenders & a goalkeeper but just pick on Tommy Spurr. Still a young lad & i hope he makes it, but get on his back & he wont.

It's a TOMMY SPURR thread nob rot.

I wonder how well this rumour would have gone down last season, probably not nearly as well.

For what its worth it would be a good deal, but seeing as they have been in the market for players like Shorey this season I doubt Spurr is on the radar at the moment.

Guest hirsty9

I like him as well - I've always liked the spirit in which he plays the game, he at least appears to actually give a sh!t.

Also he's got more b@lls than most in that side, even when he's playing rubbish and getting moaned at he never hides, always makes himself available and seems to want the ball.

I know this doesn't make him a good player, but I do admire his spirit.

And he also gets turned inside out every game.

Guest DarloOWL1984

The whole defense can go for all I care. I'd be happy with 100k for spurr coz he is utter poo and as for grant, well i've already said what I think of him

Cash in the chips

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CASH IN THE CHIPS!!

(No pound sign on this keyboard)

I would be fuming if we sell Spurr for such a low fee. He's the best young prospect at the club, with the exception of Beevers. We should be looking at no less than £3M up front with many a bonus on top. After all, his value can only increase if we keep him, can it not?

We would be completely lost without his marauding runs into the opposition half and his pinpoint diagonal passes.

I would be fuming if we sell Spurr for such a low fee. He's the best young prospect at the club, with the exception of Beevers. We should be looking at no less than £3M up front with many a bonus on top. After all, his value can only increase if we keep him, can it not?

We would be completely lost without his marauding runs into the opposition half and his pinpoint diagonal passes.

Are you p*ssed? :biggrin:

He loves this club and I feel he's really affected when results don't go our way. I actually thought he was going to cry when we lost to the piggies earlier this season!

I'm not jumping on any Spurr is awful bandwagons I've always thought he's appouling; anytime I try to point out to any other Wednesday fan that any right midfielder with pace or skill destroys him and when he gets the ball he does the same shocking pass down the line, often to no-one, they always reply to me with a simular comment to what you've wrote. 'He's got heart, he loves the club etc' Doesnt make him a good player unfortunately. Appouling left back, would like to see him at centre half though just to see if he's any good.

I'm not jumping on any Spurr is awful bandwagons I've always thought he's appouling; anytime I try to point out to any other Wednesday fan that any right midfielder with pace or skill destroys him and when he gets the ball he does the same shocking pass down the line, often to no-one, they always reply to me with a simular comment to what you've wrote. 'He's got heart, he loves the club etc' Doesnt make him a good player unfortunately. Appouling left back, would like to see him at centre half though just to see if he's any good.

one word.........

appouling