Spurr Going ?

Guest Egghead

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I think Spurr should be moved to midfield, with his piercing runs and his eye for a good shot he would quickly become our Stevie Gerrard... I have being saying this for a while... you mark my words...that's where he will end up playing...

I think Spurr should be moved to midfield, with his piercing runs and his eye for a good shot he would quickly become our Stevie Gerrard... I have being saying this for a while... you mark my words...that's where he will end up playing...

I pray this is said tongue in cheek mate !!

It is complete and utter gonads, Spurr isn't going anywhere as the site and rumour is complete poo as it also says that the pigs are wanting jeffers on loan, i Quote:

04 Mar 2010 16:32:33

"Sheffield Utd are set to secure the loan signing of Francis Jeffers from their local rivals Sheffield Wednesday untill the end of the season in the hope he will regain the form that saw him win an international cap and earn a long term contract at Bramall Lane."

COMPLETE gonads!

REALLY???

Thanks for that Miss f**king Marple

I would be fuming if we sell Spurr for such a low fee. He's the best young prospect at the club, with the exception of Beevers. We should be looking at no less than £3M up front with many a bonus on top. After all, his value can only increase if we keep him, can it not?

We would be completely lost without his marauding runs into the opposition half and his pinpoint diagonal passes.

Good to see I'm not on my own in this one...... :biggrin:

Spurr is the best centre half at the club.

Why Brian and his successors have played him at left back is beyond me. Those with memories longer than that of a haddock will remember that all through his development, Spurr was a centre half too.

Now the source of this rumour is crap so it probably wont happen, and even though I rate Tommy, I dont rate him at £1million, but he'll go elsewhere and turn into a brilliant centre half and you'll all bang on about how he was poo for us and hasn't he done well since.

OMG - Every Spurr thread has to say "He's playing out of position". didn't he play at centre back not long ago and was poo poo there too. He's had 2-3 years to get used to playing at left back, is this not long enough. It's still football at the end of the day, it's not like asking a bin man to carry out brain surgery

I must be watching different games. Beavers reminds me of Bromby. Looks good on paper never quiet makes it. How many games is it before we stop saying has potential to be a prem player. He's played how many games. 2 seasons worth and doesn't seem to improve very much. Still the same mistakes. My guess he is about as good as he gets unless he can develop some big gonnads and starts dishing some boot out. Spurr just never looks quite on the game. Not quite quick enough, quality not quite good enough.

Only my opionion

OMG - Every Spurr thread has to say "He's playing out of position". didn't he play at centre back not long ago and was poo poo there too. He's had 2-3 years to get used to playing at left back, is this not long enough. It's still football at the end of the day, it's not like asking a bin man to carry out brain surgery

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS!

at the start of the season, Spurr would have got in majority of wednesdayites starting 11.

The general concensus when he signed to stay was it was a good deal.

Why are we making him the scapegoat? Theyve all had a bad season, i dont understand this mentality?

Totally agree. We need players who have the passion to play for the club. Play the kid at Centre Half or give him a go on the left side of midfield.

We need players like Tommy. get rid of the wasters like Clarke, Tudgay, O'Conner, Potter, Purse, Jeffers, Gray, Soares, Buxton and Simek. Oh and cash in on Grant while we can. He's not as good as many think he is.

Guest NORTHWESTOWL

I must be watching different games. Beavers reminds me of Bromby. Looks good on paper never quiet makes it. How many games is it before we stop saying has potential to be a prem player. He's played how many games. 2 seasons worth and doesn't seem to improve very much. Still the same mistakes. My guess he is about as good as he gets unless he can develop some big gonnads and starts dishing some boot out. Spurr just never looks quite on the game. Not quite quick enough, quality not quite good enough.

Only my opionion

Totally agree Beevers believed all the hype last season re his premiership credentials. They have been sadly lacking this season despite him being dropped in B L s reign. He should concentrate on getting the basics right on a regular basis and he might have the potential to be a good Championship regular. We should have cashed in last year IMO.

Edited by NORTHWESTOWL

at the start of the season, Spurr would have got in majority of wednesdayites starting 11.

Is that because he's a good player or because he's been the only recognised left back at the club for about 3 years (who wasn't a complete clown like Gilbert)

Forest have got money to spend and are short on left backs themselves. I don't think rumour is true but even so, it's not totally unbeleivable.

Also, we'd have to be mad to turn down £1m+ bids for any of this team. Cash in the chips.

Is that because he's a good player or because he's been the only recognised left back at the club for about 3 years (who wasn't a complete clown like Gilbert)

Forest have got money to spend and are short on left backs themselves. I don't think rumour is true but even so, it's not totally unbeleivable.

Also, we'd have to be mad to turn down £1m+ bids for any of this team. Cash in the chips.

In all honesty, i dont know.

Is it because hes the best we can afford? Possibly.

Hes really not that bad, and if we were mid table no one would be interested in selling him, sadly we are struggling as as per usual, everyone in the blue and white is crap and needs to go (without one thought about who replaces them, or whether the expectations are realisitic).

Buxton and purse have been getting slated all season, as has JJ. Now they are all out injured, is it fair to say we do actually miss them?

I fear we will only truly realise how good Spurr is when hes gone.