Spurr Going ?

Guest Egghead

Ok, I'm not great at spelling.....I'll wait for the first you've got appouling spelling gag.

are you also not great at typing and making sense ?

Tommy is going through a bad spell right now, but so is all the team.

He is far from the drivel that you make him out to be

Edited by Glaser

Guest jake benson

why are you all saying thats good at least spurr tries and gives his heart for the team unlike tudgay etc.

are you also not great at typing and making sense ?

Tommy is going through a bad spell right now, but so is all the team.

He is far from the drivel that you make him out to be

It made sense fine, also my typing didnt suffer any problems. It was my spelling that was the problem?

I never subscribed to the 'they came through our academy and therefore I should love them and think they are amazing' way of thinking that happened to both Spurr and Beevers. Lets not forget this forum jizzled them self sensless when Beevers came through the ranks with regular quotes of 'he'll play for England one day,' - well no actually he won't, and others often said 'Spurr and Beevers will one day both play in the premier league' again, no they won't. Beevers has the potential to be a good championship player and possibly cut it as a lower level premiership player. Spurr on the other hand regualrly gets found out in this league, regularly is the reason we concede, poor going forward and all too easily beat by either skill or pace; yet we all keep our blue and white specs and claim 'he's only young, lads got heart, wednesday through and through, one of our best players' - Appaling was harsh, I was over-exagurating my thoughts but not good enough for the championship, a league one standard player IMO and our worst regular starting 11 player. Fair enough if you don't agree with me but please don't tell me he's got heart as a response.

Lets not forget this forum jizzled them self sensless when Beevers came through the ranks with regular quotes of 'he'll play for England one day,' - well no actually he won't, and others often said 'Spurr and Beevers will one day both play in the premier league' again, no they won't. Beevers has the potential to be a good championship player and possibly cut it as a lower level premiership player.

which is it to be ?

Make your mind up........

which is it to be ?

Make your mind up........

Beevers and Spurr won't play in the premiership; because Spurr is not capable. My point was more that Spurr won't play in the premiership, and they both just got grouped together because they're young and came through the academy, was wordered wrong I'll give you that. I think Beevers has the potential to be good enough but I don't think Spurr has.

Beevers and Spurr won't play in the premiership; because Spurr is not capable. My point was more that Spurr won't play in the premiership, and they both just got grouped together because they're young and came through the academy, was wordered wrong I'll give you that. I think Beevers has the potential to be good enough but I don't think Spurr has.

definitely 100% agree with you on that

Hope it's not true, wish some of the others had the passion he has for the club. Win, lose or draw Tommy Spurr always comes over to the fans & shows he cares. Some of the others could'nt care less.

Because he's crap and he knows he is, and has to keep the fans onside. If workrate counted for everything, he'd be a terrific player, but unfortunately you need ability to go with the workrate, and he's very short on workrate. If you remember the mistakes (which cost us the games) he was making at Derby and Hull, the season before they were promoted to the Premiership, he's still making the same mistakes, and doesn't seem to have learned from his wee wee tail ups.

Committed to the cause, but simply not good enough

Guest Crooky

God. Please let this be true. He is an awful defender and the most overrated player in this league.

Really? :laugh:

I can think of a few other :rolleyes:

Guest Crooky

Am i the only one that likes Spurr? By the way was this taken from that bloody football rumours website?

Thats what im starting wonder, I like spurr.

Not had his best season i must admit, but he loves and wants to play for the club

definitely 100% agree with you on that

To be fair; I'm probably the biggest Spurr basher you'll ever hear (as you've probably gathered) but that comes from me trying to get through to people who believe he's the best thing at this club. Because other people rate him so highly and I've never understood why, I keep an eye on him more than other players; watch his positioning and view every pass and defensive situation through critical eyes; every match I seem to come out with more and more evidence to back up my claim that he's not all that. Although if Irvine rates him I trust his knowledge more than mine!

To be fair; I'm probably the biggest Spurr basher you'll ever hear (as you've probably gathered) but that comes from me trying to get through to people who believe he's the best thing at this club. Because other people rate him so highly and I've never understood why, I keep an eye on him more than other players; watch his positioning and view every pass and defensive situation through critical eyes; every match I seem to come out with more and more evidence to back up my claim that he's not all that. Although if Irvine rates him I trust his knowledge more than mine!

I'd also watch the other ten on Saturday as well .... :biggrin:

Was going to say "you might enjoy it more" but not sure if that is the case at present !!

I'd also watch the other ten on Saturday as well .... :biggrin:

Was going to say "you might enjoy it more" but not sure if that is the case at present !!

Haha - Na not saying I fix my eyes on Spurr and watch him like an angry pervert from the back of the Kop! Just I'll have a little look during every time we're defending - where's spurr, usually followed by - hes out of position. We get caught a lot by balls in-behind Spurr. Playing agaisnt pace he's useless.

Edited by PEARSON

Haha - Na not saying I fix my eyes on Spurr and watch him like an angry pervert from the back of the Kop! Just I'll have a little look during every time we're defending - where's spurr, usually followed by - hes out of position. We get caught a lot by balls in-behind Spurr. Playing against pace he's useless.

quote number two I agree with

You're getting good at this !! :biggrin:

Guest edforceowl

It is complete and utter gonads, Spurr isn't going anywhere as the site and rumour is complete poo as it also says that the pigs are wanting jeffers on loan, i Quote:

04 Mar 2010 16:32:33

"Sheffield Utd are set to secure the loan signing of Francis Jeffers from their local rivals Sheffield Wednesday untill the end of the season in the hope he will regain the form that saw him win an international cap and earn a long term contract at Bramall Lane."

COMPLETE gonads!

at the start of the season, Spurr would have got in majority of wednesdayites starting 11.

The general concensus when he signed to stay was it was a good deal.

Why are we making him the scapegoat? Theyve all had a bad season, i dont understand this mentality?

Why are we making him the scapegoat? Theyve all had a bad season, i dont understand this mentality?

I agree its become fashionable to slate Spurr but I think it's more of a case of him not living up to the incredible amount of hype some people put on him and a certain amount of him being found out. Now Lee Strafford, there's a case of us making a someone a scapegoat!

Guest wilkotheowl

Is it true, or another rumour.?

This page is updated several times a day. Last update: 13:14:27 GMT+1

04 Mar 2010 12:42:27

Nottingham Forest will complete the Signing of Tommy Spurr tomorrow morning, After he passes his medical. The deal will be £680,000 loan fee, with a £500,000 future fee agreed.

Sounds testicles to me but if he went for £1million plus, move Gray to left back & GET A F**KIN' STRIKER (OR TWO) IN PRONTO PLEASE!!