Be careful what you wish for

Guest billsaja

Bills you are preaching to a fully paid up disciple here regarding the boardroom structure which you will know if you have read some of my recent posts .

I want Lee in and a new board to bolster and build on this vision .

Hulley has had 30+ years and Bobby G not that much less however on a whim from these two LS could be toast .

I have been reading veiled messages in some of Lees more erratic posts which led me to believe that the men in suits could be ready to make change .

The T shirt idea does not do it for me i am afraid but a plan is indeed required .

Still not sure who you are batting for though Billyboy .

The eastern european knickerless eleven ladies team?

at the end of the day Lee is trying to do the best for the club he loves.

he has done a fantastic job so far all for absolutely nothing.

he could walk away anytime but still carrys on even with all the negative fans and the death threats (some very sad people who do this)

Lee is working hard to secure investment and may well suceed given time and support, im sure swfc is a very hard club to sell with

financial position, league position, too many chiefs not enough indians etc... maybe the only good thing going for our club is the fan base

who imo we have a lot of fickle ones among us, people slagged off Lee for appointing AI then when we had won 5 out of 7 he was a hero,

now we are playing sh!te its Lee's fault, well its not Lee's fault its the players wearing the shirt that need to look at themselves, they have proved they can play

but with no consistancy. AI has took on a mere impossible job knowing from day one he had nothing to spend to improve the team.

Lee and AI both need our support 100% and the players maybe need some whilst on the pitch instead of booing them when they have a bad game, imagine if

investors are watching games whilst our fans boo our own players, would you invest money in that support??

Lets trust our chairman to do as much as he possibly can with what resources he's got to take our club forward, that is all he is trying to do, unlike previous!!

If Lee secures the club investment he will be a hero again to all the fickle ones out there, you know who you are.

Like Lee has said before it has to be the right investment for the future not just a quick fix.

In LS i trust.....who's with me??

UTO....WTID.....ILSIT

ps. dont let me down Lee im singing your praises here

I have never supported any investment deal - how dare you!!!

Have to leave off here when I am in the office, and I had my little Smashie and Nicey "do a lot for charity" sabbatical back in November working 3 months for free, they've got me back in the thick of things now especially with tax season in full swing.

I think it is important in engaging online with someone to understand and empathise with their position. Late last year when I was attacked and abused by the Chairman I failed to do that, and on reflection I realise (having seen him repeat the actions with dozens of other fans) that he is under great pressure - I am sure much relating purely to his own pride and personality but obviously some externally - to get this investment closed and the ST levels up to the rather silly numbers promised.

Last year, for the first year in 4, I bought two STs (rather more as a gesture than anything, only been to 4 home games) and have to say that as the Customer I am disgusted and will absolutely NOT be renewing. But that is no reflection on Lee beyond an objection to paying money to a business and then getting abuse from the owner, there are other factors too relating to work and the amount of away time I will have. Also not heard a coherent message regarding what happens if we go down - don't think the JPT makes up for the lower quality of product. But that doesn't mean I am going to abandon the club, far from I will attend every game in the SE as I always do, and it doesn't mean that I doubt LS's credentials as the man for the job. He is, but he needs backing from the Board more than ever.

Hence

LS15

I genuinely admire how you manage to slip so many digs into a seemingly positive and supportive post.

Very good.

:biggrin:

Guest Manwithastick

I can't see a situation in which a chairman, manager or player can be given an automatic five year mandate unless a legitimate and realistic business plan with viable funds would be in place.

Bills slightly contradicts himself by mocking C9S but if that is the case what does that do to Straffords integrity if they can be described as 'Geoff Sheard with a website'?

This. Lee has publicly backed C9S as the real deal. Why then would you want to give him a 5 year mandate Bills? It's all testicles. LS was parachuted in to secure investment. current football budgets probably have us as bottom 5 ccc/top 10 div1

and that's unlikely to change without outward investment 5 years or not. I refuse to believe that SWFC cannot attract £8 million of outward investment. If we can't then we are much much more un-workable than anyone on here can possibly imagine.

Guest billsaja

I can't see Lee sticking around for five years. I would imagine that at some point he plans to go back to being a highly paid executive.

At 200k a year, we should be the ones paying him!

Pretty sure that LS is going to get heat from on high, if he isn't already, so he needs security. Set him targets, give him a salary if he hits them, but stop this idiocy where he has to come on here and fight his position (often in a manner unbecoming a Chairman) every time something goes wrong. Look at the venom that has been caused by 3 losses in a row (Newsflash, it happens) and suddenly the whole business plan and thus presumably LS's future hangs in the balance because of events outside his control.

The LS out mob only are that vocal because they believe that noise can effect change. In the US they have mandated 4 year terms for Presidents, you never hear people calling on the President to quit half way through his term, because he wouldn't do it. That gives him time to govern. Here we had Brown in for 6 months and they wanted a change, the Tories had a revolving door in the late 90s, and it did no-one any good because it led to short term fixes.

We want our club to run properly, we have a great Chairman in place who just needs a mandate. 5 years out of 143 is not too much to ask now is it. Make it 3 years based on milestones that if he hits, it extends to 5. Whatever, I say LS15, and let's see what he can do.

As for pay, give the guy a living wage for now and huge bonuses if he hits his targets. Only fair.

But end this damaging spiral of bad result - criticism of Chairman - mob mentality - undignified arguments - people getting mad and not renewing/not attending - less money - bad results or worse arguments - people getting peeved - documents being leaked - lower morale - bad results.

As for whose side I am on? I was in the away end at the Majedski, so I think Sheffield Wednesday would be the answer to that one (especially as I was stood behind 4 chavs in trendy shirts who weren't watching the game and had to sit there and listen to them banging on about birds and bacardis for two hours).

I can't see Lee sticking around for five years. I would imagine that at some point he plans to go back to being a highly paid executive.

Was about to post similar,it's all dependant as to how long Lee can afford to hang around in an unpaid job

I genuinely admire how you manage to slip so many digs into a seemingly positive and supportive post.

Very good.

1 Day 200/1

2 Days 125/1

3 Days 100/1

4 Days 100/1

5 Days 80/1

6 Days 75/1

7 Days 50/1

Week 1 33/1

Week 2 10/1

Week 3 7/4

Week 4 7/2

> 1 Month 6/1

Guest billsaja

Very good.

No digs, personally don't like the guy at all, but he is the best thing that has happened to this club in a while, and should be given proper backing to finish what he's started.

At the moment the Board of this club are trying to get half pregnant - modernise by all means but if things get a little testy, well this young whippersnapper didn't bring in investment (in 18 months after 10 years of searching) and he failed on his ST targets so let's get rid of him - nonsense, and it gives rise to the mentality that somehow change that is unwanted by many and unhelpful to all but a small minority can be brought about by vocal and widespread attack.

There is no contradiction to me - wouldn't have a beer with Lee, but wouldn't have anyone else running my football club.

As OP said, he needs time to do his job without pressures and he needs public support of Board.

Guest billsaja

Be good if we could make this thread not about old score settling and digs between posters but about the idea that our Chairman should be given a clear and strong 5 year mandate to undo 20 years of mismanagement (and worse).

Anyone who doubts that LS is better than what has gone before, ask the people who have been to his office if he has got rid of the cigarette box.

Guest barrybanned

At the moment the Board of this club are trying to get half pregnant - modernise by all means but if things get a little testy, well this young whippersnapper didn't bring in investment (in 18 months after 10 years of searching) and he failed on his ST targets so let's get rid of him - nonsense, and it gives rise to the mentality that somehow change that is unwanted by many and unhelpful to all but a small minority can be brought about by vocal and widespread attack.

Pure speculation - but throw it out there and it becomes fact.

Sorry mate but you are guessing and stirring.

Fail.

Edited by barrybanned

Guest billsaja

Pure speculation - but throw it out there and it becomes fact.

Sorry mate but you are guessing and stirring.

Fail.

Thank you for making my point for me, most helpful.

How to stop speculation? Board gives LS clear 5 year mandate, exactly what I suggested. Which stops the people who are really stirring from doing so, which is entirely what my OP was about.

This club wants to move forwards it has to do so with clarity of vision, and the best vision to back right now is that of the present Chairman.

This thread is simply about making that vision a locked-in fact for 3 - 5 years. There is sod all reason for it to turn in to another battle between posters of one faction or another, such division is not healthy.

Guest billsaja

Go on then, tell us about the cig box please ?

Actually wasn't a fishing effort, but seriously needs to be on PM.

Guest billsaja

Agreed - but how do you KNOW what the board thinks?

No chance of LS being given the push.

I don't and whether I do or not is irrelevant - point is that people THINK he is vunerable so they bang this LS out drum. Like I said, no-one was calling for GWH Bush to resign in 2006 even though most people thought he was the worst President ever - why, because he was there until 2008 and everyone knew it (well, 2009 technically). So a lot of this division hinges on the fact that people think we can effect change by yelling for LS to go for x, y or z reason. Whether he has the backing of the Board or not, the perception is that there is a scramble going on here, desperation in ST sales, investment etc. That ends the day that the Board issues a statement saying that LS will be the Chairman of SWFC in 2013/14/15 whatever the events . Then we can see what happens in 3 - 5 years of electronic billing, direct debit, ground redevelopment etc.

Until then, the divisions will continue to tear this club apart. It is time for LS to be backed from the TOP as well as from the terraces. If that's not going to happen, let the bloke get some sleep and get on with his life, but someone needs to take responsibility here, and give a clear direction to the Club - since LS has done that publicly I think the Board owes it to him to back him in a similar manner.

Oh and a few bob for a player or 3 might not hurt from the Faceless Greys either,