Get a grip

Sorry but, having actually been to Reading, I'm getting absolutley SICK of people coming on here with threads like "Get a grip" or telling fans to stop moaning and support the club.

People ARE supporting the club.. that was another good following at Reading, completely beyond what this club and this team deserves right now, and they'll get more 20,000+ backings at home between now and the end of the season too.

When are the players going to stand up and be counted? When are people associated with SWFC going to start shouldering some responsibility.

flip the fans getting a grip or getting behind the club, let's see some fight from within first. The excuses have to stop.

Sorry but, having actually been to Reading, I'm getting absolutley SICK of people coming on here with threads like "Get a grip" or telling fans to stop moaning and support the club.

People ARE supporting the club.. that was another good following at Reading, completely beyond what this club and this team deserves right now, and they'll get more 20,000+ backings at home between now and the end of the season too.

When are the players going to stand up and be counted? When are people associated with SWFC going to start shouldering some responsibility.

flip the fans getting a grip or getting behind the club, let's see some fight from within first. The excuses have to stop.

Absolutely 100%

That, my friend, is a FIRST CLASS POST.

Come gather 'round wednesdayites

Wherever you roam

And admit that the doubts

Among you have grown

But keep believing that soon

You'll be celebrating at home

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start singin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen :)

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the league's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

League One's claimin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

Come Lee, Tommy, Frankie

Please heed the call

Don't pass down blind alleys

Keep your heads up tall

For he who gets hurt

Will be he who has stalled

There's a battle outside

And its ragin'.

It'll soon shake our opponents

And surprise us all

Come Strafford and Irvine

With all of the fans

And don't criticize

What you can't understand

The players and your hopes

Are within your command

The old road is

Rapidly agin'.

Please get out of Hillsborough

If you can't lend your hand

Tudgay will come good

And Purse he'll be back

The slow one now :)

Will later be fast

As the present now

Will later be past

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Awsome, I might learn this and bring my guitar Saturday and do a bit of busking before the match (all proceeds to the squadbuilder fund) haha

This.

Some of you are more concerned about the comedic value of your own sarcasm (which is usually repetitive and pathetic) than the plight of the team you purportedly support.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ although you are forgetting the " I want to run Wednesday" brigade .......... and the sad 10,000 plus posters with nothing else to do than wallow in there own self importance ........ truth is Im sick to death of all the politics poo on here all I want to do is get up on a Saturday morning get to Hillsborough corner have a few pints then walk through the park see that Owl on the south stand and convince myself for another few minutes were gonna play like fooookin Brazil today ...... and I know it always ends in tears but sod it Im a fan my mother went to the 66 cup final my grandfather left me his ticket stub from the 35 cup final and I will leave my son .... well nowt but thats not the point :-)

We might get stuffed Saturday we might win but I will be there whatever happens its what having the owls in your heart is all about ...... come on lads chill about the investment garbage the only thing you will ever effect is the lads in blue and white so get behind em , they need you now more than ever

Just like my grandad Wednesday till I die !

Theres 13 games left- look at whats happened in the last 13 and tell me that its impossible for us to get out of this.

Some of you are more concerned about the comedic value of your own sarcasm (which is usually repetitive and pathetic) than the plight of the team you purportedly support.

me thinks its you who should'get a grip'.

Yeah, its not looking good at the moment- yes we got totally spanked by reading. Yes its shameful and embarrassing. BUT........

Thats in the past. We CANNOT give up yet. This is championship football, things can change in an instant. I know its down to the players, but as fans we can have a huge impact on atmosphere which absolutely affects the flow of a game. Please SUPPORT your team on Saturday, and BELIEVE that they can pull off a win. Please DO NOT get on the players backs if we concede- the negative attitude (of players-but also of fans) after we have conceded first in the last few games has been a major factor in why we have never looked like getting back into games. Sing, shout, clap and make this into a huge game so that our players are more psyched up than leicester's.

It's 11 vs. 11 and anything can happen.

No sarky bullshit fud please. I wanna hear some positivity

Absolute rubbish.

It's because the players have no motivation or desire to fight back when we go a goal down.

Football fans are fickle.

3 (admitedly flipping abysmal) games since a win and suddenly we're doomed again.

It's going to go right to the wire and i wouldn't be surprised if the winner on the last day against Palace sends the loser down. :blush:

Without being too pesamistic,if we continue to play in the current vein,by the last game of the season we will be already dead and buried.

I would love to ask the players one by one whether it makes a difference to them if, at an away match there 200 or 2000 and at home if there are 10,000 or 25,000. And if they could be HONEST I bet they would say it doesnt make one iota of difference to them.

I would love to ask the players one by one whether it makes a difference to them if, at an away match there 200 or 2000 and at home if there are 10,000 or 25,000. And if they could be HONEST I bet they would say it doesnt make one iota of difference to them.

You may be right but Ive been watching them long enough to know If were playing Man U at home with a full house or Peterborough at home with a 3/4 empty stadium that we will more than like ly beat Man U and lose to Peterborough .... its the Wednesday way

Come gather 'round wednesdayites

Wherever you roam

And admit that the doubts

Among you have grown

But keep believing that soon

You'll be celebrating at home

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start singin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen :)

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the league's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

League One's claimin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

Come Lee, Tommy, Frankie

Please heed the call

Don't pass down blind alleys

Keep your heads up tall

For he who gets hurt

Will be he who has stalled

There's a battle outside

And its ragin'.

It'll soon shake our opponents

And surprise us all

Come Strafford and Irvine

With all of the fans

And don't criticize

What you can't understand

The players and your hopes

Are within your command

The old road is

Rapidly agin'.

Please get out of Hillsborough

If you can't lend your hand

Tudgay will come good

And Purse he'll be back

The slow one now :)

Will later be fast

As the present now

Will later be past

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

Love it.

Me, I'm just tangled up in blue....

Well said.

I was gutted after losing to Ipswich last week as we all were, but still decided to go to Reading and support the boys - and look what happened. I didn't necessarily expect us to win and play attractive football, but I expected them to flipping graft and give it a go, not look all doom and gloom from the first whistle and not up for the fight.

Its getting to the point where we as fans can't do much more - we get bloody decent gates considering the 'entertainment' on the pitch. People complain that the negativity of the fans at Hillsborough puts them under pressure and is the reason we lose - yet they get a great backing at Reading and look what happens.

Some of the anger put towards the fans should be used against those most at fault - the players.

definitely agree mate.

Look at our attendances all season, in what has definitely got to be one of the worst seasons in recent memory.

yeah, we might moan and groan at the games, possibly not helping the players, but can they expect anything less after the lack of fight and pride they have shown ?

We expect better, we need better, we have seen better.

Keep faith in Alan, this week is the week he stamps some authority on the squad. I see changes for the better on Saturday, us coming out the traps firing............ us scoring first, us winning

Up the Owls

Well said.

I was gutted after losing to Ipswich last week as we all were, but still decided to go to Reading and support the boys - and look what happened. I didn't necessarily expect us to win and play attractive football, but I expected them to flipping graft and give it a go, not look all doom and gloom from the first whistle and not up for the fight.

Its getting to the point where we as fans can't do much more - we get bloody decent gates considering the 'entertainment' on the pitch. People complain that the negativity of the fans at Hillsborough puts them under pressure and is the reason we lose - yet they get a great backing at Reading and look what happens.

Some of the anger put towards the fans should be used against those most at fault - the players.

Agree.

There can't be many clubs in this league that would get better attendances than we do, if they were as crap as we are!

The fans are the best commodity this club has.

There aren't many more loyal fanbases in this country, especially when you take into account the amount of dross we have to put up with.

I don't agree with booing players per say, however, if they don't give a throw then they deserve a bit of stick.

Attendance I agree is not the problem, its the attitude of the fans once they're in the stadium. Now I know the players CAN absolutely be blamed for this, they have not performed and therefore many are losing faith. My point is that as fans the only thing we can do one of two things- when they are doing badly we can sigh and moan and shout abuse which puts the players on edge= panic when they get it= hoofball= loss, OR we applaud when they do something right and forgive them when they f*ck up, which helps them build confidence which might produce a better performance.

The reality is that they are mostly poor players- so why keep ramming that fact in their faces.

Attendance I agree is not the problem, its the attitude of the fans once they're in the stadium. Now I know the players CAN absolutely be blamed for this, they have not performed and therefore many are losing faith. My point is that as fans the only thing we can do one of two things- when they are doing badly we can sigh and moan and shout abuse which puts the players on edge= panic when they get it= hoofball= loss, OR we applaud when they do something right and forgive them when they f*ck up, which helps them build confidence which might produce a better performance.

The reality is that they are mostly poor players- so why keep ramming that fact in their faces.

I would say we wont be doing much applauding but a hell of a lot of forgiving.

This set of fookwits are taking us down to the 3rd tier of english football.

Its bad enough the chairman blaming fans for everything without fans blaming fans.

Edited by owlsdreamer

I would say we wont be doing much applauding but a hell of a lot of forgiving.

This set of fookwits are taking us down to the 3rd tier of english football.

Its bad enough the chairman blaming fans for everything without fans blaming fans.

Don't try to discredit me by twisting my words. I have pointed the finger at no one.

What skin is it off your nose if you get blamed anyway? I don't feel blamed by Strafford, that you do suggests that you are one of the fans who deep down feel that they ARE to blame in some way, and therefore you lash out against the suggestion that you could do more to support the team. Or maybe you just like to play the victim.

Why is there any need to blame anyone? It's just not a constructive way of solving problems.