Investment Perspective

Some commonsense displayed in this thread. The assumptions made regarding the reason for any delay in concluding a deal are logical.

Ps - James I've limited my input to 2 posts in this thread. Is that ok mate? Can you check with the string pullers. Ta.

:rolleyes::mellow:

:biggrin:

TBH If we fooked it up and went down, we would only have ourselves to blame. Having said that, we would probably get better crowds at the top of the first than we would bottom of the championship. Anyway you American dudes, worry not, all is now well at the good ship wednesday. Feel free to pop your cheque in the post as soon as you want.

thanks.

Guest Ripley Owl

TBH If we fooked it up and went down, we would only have ourselves to blame. Having said that, we would probably get better crowds at the top of the first than we would bottom of the championship. Anyway you American dudes, worry not, all is now well at the good ship wednesday. Feel free to pop your cheque in the post as soon as you want.

thanks.

:biggrin:

thanks.

Not nearly exciting enough after about 15 years of waiting. :biggrin:

I want to see the head of Club 9 Sports jump out of a plane with all of the money in a solid goal suitcase, with a seperate bag of cash to open over the North stand (preferably row 9 block Q if possible) to reward me.... urgh i mean us.... for our patience.

Ideally done at the Sheffield Derby, he should then land in the directors box and personally deliver a kick in the nuts to Mr.McCabe to put the Blades back in their place, before running on the pitch and scoring a last minute winner in front of the Kop.

Anything less than this, and i will hold Lee personally responsible.

I want to see the head of Club 9 Sports jump out of a plane with all of the money in a solid goal suitcase, with a seperate bag of cash to open over the North stand (preferably row 9 block Q if possible) to reward me.... urgh i mean us.... for our patience.

Ideally done at the Sheffield Derby, he should then land in the directors box and personally deliver a kick in the nuts to Mr.McCabe to put the Blades back in their place, before running on the pitch and scoring a last minute winner in front of the Kop.

I would have setled for a cheque in the post....................................but in true owlstalk fashion................................I WANT THIS!!!!

Jump out of a plane with a solid gold suitcase? He'd plummet to the ground like a falling arrow and be dead.

Anyone with any sense would use a gilted gold suitcase. Less weight.

I'll vote for this.

Maybe the Star will pick up on this like the Father Ted thing.

Come on Lee. Get it sorted. :ls:

Even if its not as highly respected as other academies. We could still argue to the potential investors that the likes of Spurr, McCallister, Wood and Beevers who have all featured for us this season are academy products.

I respect the current academy a lot more than the mid-90s youth setup - didn't we go about 9 years between Graham Hyde and Steven Haslam without producing a regular first-teamer? It's a little worrying that the rate of promising youngsters has eased off over the last year or so (although I'm hoping to see a bit more of Nathan Modest over the rest of the season) but there'll always be some variance...

Guest thetruthisoutthere

You forgot the Hotel

Can we have a Hotel ?

We want a Hotel !

I respect the current academy a lot more than the mid-90s youth setup - didn't we go about 9 years between Graham Hyde and Steven Haslam without producing a regular first-teamer? It's a little worrying that the rate of promising youngsters has eased off over the last year or so (although I'm hoping to see a bit more of Nathan Modest over the rest of the season) but there'll always be some variance...

To be fair it was a lot harder for young players to break into the team when we were in the top division. You don't have to be as good now to get a game. It was only when we became seriously poo that Quinn and Haslam got in the team.

He talks a lot of sense does our Mr J M Kosich ......... infact it sounds like he's talking about us.

There's no way he'd mention the co-op bank otherwise.

hmm......basically our league position looks to be the stumbling block, which is understandable.......hopefully Watford, Derby, Cardiff and a few others can help us out. :biggrin:

Here's another interesting blog entry from today by the same guy:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=7540#comments

On Big Soccer he goes by the name Anglofile and his profile says his favourite team is........er Liverpool!

Boo. Kosich out! (after golden suitcase gig obviously).

Reading that it looks like the footy bubble has already burst.

It's going to get increasingly difficult to find people to invest in footy if the Man Us of this world are shown as a bad investment proposition.