The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

I do not understand your comment?????

You would generate no sales at £10 per loaf but you would at £1 per loaf...........................................At least they sell plenty at approximately £1 per loaf in Tesco where I shop.

Thats just silly!

Why are you trivalising SWFC with selling bread its not that simple?

Don't lose sight of the fact that we are £25 million in debt and that has to be serviced for the club to continue!

We're talking about people who have habitually sought to save cash rather than pay that little extra to go into the club - like the guy in this thread who enrolled on a college course he didn't wanna go on - just to get the NUS card so he could get a student ST

If that's the way we should all go about things then lets forget any notion of this collective "brotherhood" we have as wednesday fans and let's all just scream "**** you cos i'm sorted"

Like yourself i have spent money i haven't got on Wednesday - i bought shoddy overpriced tripe - not because i couldn't get better elsewhere - but in some absurd notion that if we all did likewise then maybe the club could improve - i have never bought my replica kits and merchandise from anywhere other than the club - i'm not flipping interested in saving a fiver that might go toward making the club stronger - in short it's the sort of mentality that you know and understand - a love of this club and the understanding that we might not be getting great value for money in a corporate sense - but **** me outside the birth of my daughter this club has probably given me the best and worst - and everything in between - emotions of my life

That's football fandom for the majority - we accept we pay maybe a little more than we should financially and we know we invest waaaaay too much emotionally - but it's a price we pay

Now...

I could understand this and would be leading the clarion calls IF the ST prices had gone up - but the vast majority are cheaper - they have been reduced with the promise of an increase in the player budget - this is why i feel some fans need to take a little raincheck and think about it

£30 or so isn't gonna be the financial burden that breaks the bank for hardly anybody - but some people seem to think if they had that much discount on top of what has already been given they would be happy - but that small amount of money has some people raising hell and threatening boyvotts and all sorts

Perspective?

Now we are not gonna agree on this - that much is clear - i respect your opinions enormously but i'm afraid i can't agree.

Very well said... couldn't agree more.

That a thread on a discussion board could 'end in disaster' would put those involved on a par with those who sought to carry out legal action last time around! Surely not? 'You can't please all the people all the time' springs to mind. If that is Lee he must have known there would be a backlash against the 'premium offering'. Doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do. Doesn't mean people aren't right to be a bit peeved. It's what happens when things change. And change they must!

Guest zenowl

We're talking about people who have habitually sought to save cash rather than pay that little extra to go into the club - like the guy in this thread who enrolled on a college course he didn't wanna go on - just to get the NUS card so he could get a student ST

If that's the way we should all go about things then lets forget any notion of this collective "brotherhood" we have as wednesday fans and let's all just scream "**** you cos i'm sorted"

Like yourself i have spent money i haven't got on Wednesday - i bought shoddy overpriced tripe - not because i couldn't get better elsewhere - but in some absurd notion that if we all did likewise then maybe the club could improve - i have never bought my replica kits and merchandise from anywhere other than the club - i'm not flipping interested in saving a fiver that might go toward making the club stronger - in short it's the sort of mentality that you know and understand - a love of this club and the understanding that we might not be getting great value for money in a corporate sense - but **** me outside the birth of my daughter this club has probably given me the best and worst - and everything in between - emotions of my life

That's football fandom for the majority - we accept we pay maybe a little more than we should financially and we know we invest waaaaay too much emotionally - but it's a price we pay

Now...

I could understand this and would be leading the clarion calls IF the ST prices had gone up - but the vast majority are cheaper - they have been reduced with the promise of an increase in the player budget - this is why i feel some fans need to take a little raincheck and think about it

£30 or so isn't gonna be the financial burden that breaks the bank for hardly anybody - but some people seem to think if they had that much discount on top of what has already been given they would be happy - but that small amount of money has some people raising hell and threatening boyvotts and all sorts

Perspective?

Now we are not gonna agree on this - that much is clear - i respect your opinions enormously but i'm afraid i can't agree.

good post. Well said scram.

If we get better players in, then people will come and watch. £30 quid would seem like nothing, I just hope we can capture a decent signing early on to whet peoples appetite.

I still remember the playoff push when we finished 9th, prices and politics were all forgotten.

Guest zenowl

That a thread on a discussion board could 'end in disaster' would put those involved on a par with those who sought to carry out legal action last time around! Surely not? 'You can't please all the people all the time' springs to mind. If that is Lee he must have known there would be a backlash against the 'premium offering'. Doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do. Doesn't mean people aren't right to be a bit peeved. It's what happens when things change. And change they must!

We all need to get behind the club at this time.

and an overload of posts on message boards and calls on FH saying they are going to turn their back on the club because ST reductions are not big enough will result in disaster. In my opinion anyway.

Lee strafford has trust in wednesdayites. I hope that trust is bourne out in weeks to come.

people have to stop moaning and start getting behind the club and the chairman. By being realistic and waking up out of the cloud cukoo land of £200 ST's

Great post Scram and I echo everything you've said there.

Maybe I'm different, but even in my darkest personal financial period, I did everything I could to keep me and my lads coming to watch Wednesday. It wasn't always possible but likewise you would never get me complaining about 30 or 60 quid over a season as we were never the most expensive club anyway and I always thought that every penny I could manage to spend was helping the club.

We went from the south to the north to the KOP - big deal - I would watch from the roof if that is the only way I could.

Like many, it was often money I didn't have and was begged or borrowed.

I'm no martyr - thankfully there are thousands like me but overall prices are down and the nature and level of complaint staggers me.

We all need to get behind the club at this time.

and an overload of posts on message boards and calls on FH saying they are going to turn their back on the club because ST reductions are not big enough will result in disaster. In my opinion anyway.

Lee strafford has trust in wednesdayites. I hope that trust is bourne out in weeks to come.

people have to stop moaning and start getting behind the club and the chairman. By being realistic and waking up out of the cloud cukoo land of £200 ST's

What do you mean by disaster? Other than that mate I agree whole heartedly.

I'm no martyr - thankfully there are thousands like me but overall prices are down and the nature and level of complaint staggers me.

The thing is Daz, it doesn't suprise me one bit.

Wednesday fans have put up with so much poo , and I sense a change in attitude, which I guess has come at the wrong time for Lee and Nick.

Maybe it's the financial climate, I don't know, but blind faith isn't a gimme now, and the club really has to work for the supporters cash or it will go elsewhere.

Harsh, but true in my opinion.

Great post Scram and I echo everything you've said there.

Maybe I'm different, but even in my darkest personal financial period, I did everything I could to keep me and my lads coming to watch Wednesday. It wasn't always possible but likewise you would never get me complaining about 30 or 60 quid over a season as we were never the most expensive club anyway and I always thought that every penny I could manage to spend was helping the club.

We went from the south to the north to the KOP - big deal - I would watch from the roof if that is the only way I could.

Like many, it was often money I didn't have and was begged or borrowed.

Here here, another good post.

It's in the blood and regardless of price I'd have renewed my ticket next season and I'm still paying off last seasons on the credit card.

Guest zenowl

What do you mean by disaster? Other than that mate I agree whole heartedly.

By disaster I mean alot of people not renewing and no past season ticket holders coming back on board because of the mis-held perception that the fans are being ripped off.

That's what happens with mass hysteria. The truth gets left behind.

My season ticket has reduced by about £40 - but with the VAT reduction applying this year I'm effectively saving £30.

I suppose I should be grateful to be getting a reduction at all, but I'm not. Why? Because after the ridiculous price increases over the last couple of years (which has coincided with gates plummeting, it's hardly rocket science), I was paying about £100 over what would be considered reasonable compared to many other clubs.

So now, despite the much heralded "price slashing", I'm now "only" paying £70 over the odds. It's still £70 over the odds, and that's why this pricing is unfair to loyal season ticket holders, and it isn't going to persuade people who haven't bought one for a few years to start buying one now.

Massive own goal. 16k season tickets this year? No chance Lee.