All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yes, matches against all opposition. It averages out better that way.
  3. Just woken up down-under Oz?! Welcome to the celebrations! (And good night!)
  4. Think I’d still prefer to play them without the earl of sandwich in charge
  5. So it looks like Leicester won't be retaining his services. Surely he can afford to come home? He's 37 now but from his goals this season, definitely looks like he has another two seasons in the tank? BRING JV HOME!
  6. I remember Warnock saying they're the working class side of Sheffield and Wednesday are middle class. I mean. Absolute garbage for a start, but to put yourselves down to try and create a culture of fighting against the man? It's exactly what you're seeing now with that massive Turnip saying VAR is against them. Tell you what, for the first time in decades I can't wait to get them at Hillsborough. Röhl will outthink that sad sack of simple stew, and we'll claim the "if you don't bounce" song back
  7. These next couple of weeks are certainly going to be interesting.
  8. There are certainly a lot of coincidence.
  9. When I began a somewhat jealous thread about their ambitions, many thought it would not materialise but others thought it’s irrelevant what division they’re in as the ground is as much for gigs and events as for the football
  10. When he really loves a pie. He is the CHIEF PORK PIE Red faced, angry, vitriolic. Still laugh when he was nearly crying about the fact he thought we paid 1-2 players "£40 grand a week", not long after Chumpers took us over. The Chief Swine Beast was nearly crying about it. Absolute gold, someone must be able.to find the interview?
  11. Bladesmen culture. Even at school I see it: lots more blades seem to want/ project the stone island aggressive attitude than Wednesday
  12. Achieved the 1st century at Bramhall Lane since it closed for cricket. Put that in the trophy cabinet
  13. Instead of using £1bn of their £3bn "new weath" to have a quarter full 55,000 capacity stadium in the Pub League, why don't Birmingham's fourth best club move here? It holds 18,000, and is already built (but only used 3-4 times/year). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Stadium
  14. Yeah I feel a bit like this too, to be fair. Celebrating this season’s achievement, but can’t feel positive about the future just yet. It’s sad to think it will be more of a surprise if Danny stays and is able to sign players, than to see him resign in the next two weeks .
  15. Personally I'd move Femewo and Ihiekwe and sign Helik from uddersfield. I'd be happy with them 3 competing for 2 spots with bambo and Palmer as back up/switch to a 3. Think there still might be a player in Delgardo once Danny gets to coach him. Definitely needs a left back. Harrison Burrows but I doubt we would pay. Cameron Brannagan I think could step up. Jamel Lowe would be a good option and would work well with Gassama and Mussaba I liked the look of Brandon Thomas-As ante when he came on for West Brom and thi k he would fit Rohls style He'll have to get his checkbook out for a striker though. Not sure he will.
  16. Roehl looked evasive when Hog Staton asked him about his future, and he quickly changed the subject. We all know how frustrated he was in January, and Channers hasn't paid a sizeable transfer fee for 5 years. I'm enjoying the fact that we've beaten the drop, but I don't expect anything else.
  17. So, so true. They take some kind of pride in being the scrubbers of the city.
  18. Not going to disagree with that, we do need to sign young players and develop them. But loan players have helped us stay up this season - and thanks to a loan we are now in a strong place to sign Poveda on a free transfer and he could make us some money in a year’s time. Hopefully Chansiri sells up, or realises he needs to invest money in young players who will help progress the club. But I wouldn’t mind Danny signing one or two young players from Germany if they are highly rated.
  19. Good grief, seriously? So hope they spend 2-3 seasoan down there. As we know, it isn't as easy to escape the Pub League as some might believe.
  20. The moment I heard Röhl say "this is what I demand from my players" when asked about performance.
  21. Said on here before that my sister in law (not a football fan and lived most of her adult life in Leeds and Manchester) worked in Debenhams on the moor. Apparently they had a saying ‘Wednesday fans will pay for their clothes. United fans will Nick theirs)
  22. Does anyone know what Shrek's record was in terms of days at the club, matches played, won/drawn/lost? And WHY did the Brummy idiots get rid of Eustace? What was the reason given by the owner, at the time?
  23. At the start the focus on QPR and Huddersfield at the start with the hope of catching Huddersfield. End up 8 points above Huddersfield, dont catch QPR. Birmingham end up on this thread at page 5 and Plymouth at bottom of page 14! Crazy league this year. And thanks Big D for doing it. Always enjoy looking at these threads
  1. Load more activity