Guest Fulham Fox

Cheers Innes mate!

Thought it might have snook under the radar.

Here's hoping.

No - here's praying - he made us look so solid vs Rangers

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if after having him on trial for a few weeks we failed to tie him down to a contract and he ended up signing for someone like Huddersfield.

Something like this will happen, we mess them around trying to get the cheapest deal possible and in the end they get fed up and join another club.

Classic SWFC handling of transfer dealing.

**** me! Have patience people.  Part of my job involves negotiation - I know from first hand that you don't strike a deal in a few days or a few weeks for that matter.  The 'disclosure' of Madine's sale conditions by Carlisle's chairman revealed that player transfers and contracts are complicated.  Zayatte's transfer will be no different. 

Firstly, we will have to negotiate and agree his transfer from Istanbul BB to us then secondly, he will have to negotiate and agree his exit from Istanbul BB with them and finally, he will have to negotiate and agree his contract with us.  That doesn't happen in an afternoon, in fact, it would be good going if he did that in a few days.  From what I can make out, Jones made up his mind to take Zayatte after the Rangers match - barely a week ago. 

These things take time.  Stop being impatient fannies! 

Guest intercity0wl

**** me! Have patience people.  Part of my job involves negotiation - I know from first hand that you don't strike a deal in a few days or a few weeks for that matter.  The 'disclosure' of Madine's sale conditions by Carlisle's chairman revealed that player transfers and contracts are complicated.  Zayatte's transfer will be no different. 

Firstly, we will have to negotiate and agree his transfer from Istanbul BB to us then secondly, he will have to negotiate and agree his exit from Istanbul BB with them and finally, he will have to negotiate and agree his contract with us.  That doesn't happen in an afternoon, in fact, it would be good going if he did that in a few days.  From what I can make out, Jones made up his mind to take Zayatte after the Rangers match - barely a week ago. 

These things take time.  Stop being impatient fannies! 

Agree things do take time, but I think a lot of the impatience felt by us fannies will be in no small way due to the fact that as soon as the proper negotiations start that mean PA has become involved, and that's when things always seem to  go boobies up.

Agree things do take time, but I think a lot of the impatience felt by us fannies will be in no small way due to the fact that as soon as the proper negotiations start that mean PA has become involved, and that's when things always seem to  go boobies up.

To us (and me) as fans, it looks that it goes boobies up but if we put our 'real world' hats on, I think we could recognise that PA is doing it properly and getting the best deal for us rather than allowing some player, club or agent have our trousers down.  My guess is that deals don't get closed when players, clubs or agents are being unreasonable. 

If we can get Zayatte (and others) at a reasonable price and on a reasonable wage then it will leave more money in the pot to bring in other players.  Would you rather pay Zayatte more that what he's worth at the expense of bringing in other players? 

Waiting for players to sign is frustating for us all but we just have to be patient and have faith. 

Guest OwlertonG

Why is there a link to Turkey and yet he is reffered to as a Hull Player... are the issues over the actual ownership of the player

Thats a bit harsh. We've signed plenty of players on the back of PA's negotiations. And what's wrong with trying to get the best deal for the club, he's restricted by budgets as well you know.

Why is there a link to Turkey and yet he is reffered to as a Hull Player... are the issues over the actual ownership of the player

He has nothing to do with Hull City anymore. He signed a three year deal with Istanbul Buyuksehir Beledeyesi S.K. (who also have the Owl as a mascot!) in 2011, so this year he will be in his final year. Bear in mind they have just been relegated from the Turkish SuperLig, they will be desperate to get rid of a high earner. I think they will accept any kind of reasonable fee for him as they are not the wealthiest club in the world, but are owned by Istanbul City Council (Buyuksehir Beledeyesi = Metropolitian Municipality) so aren't in a position to be unreasonable with funds etc. I think the potential sticking point would be the terms of his contract with us, as noted above.

Edited by alcock dived

One of the issues over his contract might be the fact that footballers in Turkey enjoy very generous rates of taxation. He might want to ensure that any loss of wages are covered by having a generous wage structure etc if he goes back to UK. These tax breaks are one of the reasons the likes of Drogba and Sniejder were happy to sign for Galatasaray for example.