3 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

All last season '150th anniversary - expect a marquee friendly'

July 2017 - announce Rangers at home 

well done DC, bravo sir. 

Hopefully youre concentrating on the launch of the kit right?! 

Jesus christ do you ever stop whining?

5 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

He does have a point though. Rangers is hardly marquee is it!!! roger be id have preferred Bournemouth to them!

1, A marquee team wouldn't have brought any of their star names over. 2, what's it matter who we play? I go to Hillsborough to watch Wednesday not the opposition. 

20 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

well done DC, bravo sir. 

Bet your one of them who would have preferred Celtic...

To be honest Friendlies are boring (I did enjoy last nights game however) .

With that in mind id rather play Rangers who will bring thousands and make a noise. more so  than even a big premier league team who would bring a couple of hundred 

(contrary to popular belief we arent a big pull to any team) .  I dont really know what people want from a friendly.

Just now, brian joicey said:

ho says this is anything other than a pre season friendly?? doesn't mention 'as part of our 150 year celebrations' anywhere :ghoulguy:

Got a feeling our prestigious game will be 2nd Sept, 2 days before anniversary. A legends game is my guess 

25 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

well done DC, bravo sir. 

Rangers are the most successful club in Europe (FACT) and out of any club we could have expected/realistically attracted they will bring the most fans and if you have the capacity to work it out....this means they will bring the most amount of revenue to the club as well!! 

Brilliant by DC really!!

33 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

He does have a point though. Rangers is hardly marquee is it!!! roger be id have preferred Bournemouth to them!

Yes he does! Certain amount of open yer gob and let owt come out from Hillsborough at times.

11 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Rangers are the most successful club in Europe (FACT) and out of any club we could have expected/realistically attracted they will bring the most fans and if you have the capacity to work it out....this means they will bring the most amount of revenue to the club as well!! 

Brilliant by DC really!!

Really?!.. must have missed all their european cup /champions league triumphs

42 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

well done DC, bravo sir. 

Not sure we can force clubs to come to Hillsborough and play us!

And if Real Madrid could come and Wednesday charged £70 a ticket to cover Madrid's fee, you would be whinging anyway.

It's a friendly FFS!

10 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Brilliant by DC really!!

I cannot believe some of the comments I've read on this subject. Rangers are one of the World's biggest football clubs with support & Worldwide appeal, we could only dream about. Ok, they are doing poorly at present but come on ! Some of our fans are so deluded & up there own ar5es with our "massiveness" its unreal. Like has been mentioned already , its stated that this game is "part of the 150 year celebrations", bring it on.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I assume by most successful club in Europe, the poster is talking about major trophies won and not actual European tournament success.

yep - they are the Worlds most successful football club ! I've been in the Trophy room a few times - absolutely incredible