West Stand clean up

Really happy with all the improvements which have been made at the club over the last few years both on and off the pitch (including at Hillsborough and the training ground) so this is definitely not a moan.

However, I know this has been discussed a lot but you would have thought that we could as a minimum clean up/paint the outside of the West Stand and add new Sheffield Wednesday lettering on our 150th year. I know the rest will probably have to wait until we return to the Prem but this wouldn't cost a lot and would make the place look a whole lot better. Wouldn't have thought it would do any harm in attracting the much coveted corporate sponsors either. All for the team being the priority but this really wouldn't cost much in the grand scheme of things and would give the place a boost.

As I say, not moaning but would be great to see this done, even to a minimum standard.

Chuffed with the Boyd signing!

UTO WAWAW

Oh wow, didn't realise an application had gone in for this (https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OMLZDANYIBP00 (ref no. 17/01057/ADV)).

Would be great if we could get something temporary in place before the season starts or as soon as poss. Surely wouldn't cost too much and would tide us over. Would be nice for the place to look its best for the 150th year!

As the saying goes, you can't polish a turd. A bit of paint & new signage isn't going to make much difference.

It needs flattening & a new stand building. That's not going to happen till we reach the Premier & DC decides whether to re-develop the whole stadium or move to a new one.

I thought we was putting that flag/banner thing across the dated "Sheffield Wednesday" lettering? 

It isn't the most attractive thing in Sheffield or the football league. But it certainly isn't the worst (see s2). However I couldn't really give a crap about it. If it was one, two, five, ten, or hundred thousand just to smarten it up. I'd rather that go to the training ground. 

It would cost about 10k and take about 2 weeks to re clad the away end. 

Its not great but it's the away end so not that fussed. 

Id prefer us to re clad the back of the Kop first as that's what we all look at. 

Drove past this afternoon and seen they have painted above the fire escape doors so that's a start......

1 minute ago, We are all Wednesday said:

10k to reclad or for this temp printed mesh?

10k to buy the sheets and labour. Local firms would do the job at cost just to work on Hillsbrough. 

Our MD is a scouser, he went in at cost to clad and roof the new anfield stand but firms did it as a loss just to say they built it. 

1 hour ago, Pod9 said:

10k to buy the sheets and labour. Local firms would do the job at cost just to work on Hillsbrough. 

Our MD is a scouser, he went in at cost to clad and roof the new anfield stand but firms did it as a loss just to say they built it. 

Did you do the cladding on the sty?

23 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Did you do the cladding on the sty?

No we didn't.

We did New York Stadium though.

Dont know who did Bramall Lane but it get talked about quite a lot in H&S stuff as 2 lads died during its construction I think.  

3 hours ago, mogbad said:

As the saying goes, you can't polish a turd. A bit of paint & new signage isn't going to make much difference.

It needs flattening & a new stand building. That's not going to happen till we reach the Premier & DC decides whether to re-develop the whole stadium or move to a new one.

You can put some glitter on it though - a bit of sprucing up wouldn't go amiss prior to the inevitable move or rebuild 

38 minutes ago, Pod9 said:

No we didn't.

We did New York Stadium though.

Dont know who did Bramall Lane but it get talked about quite a lot in H&S stuff as 2 lads died during its construction I think.  

Not being funny Pod, just asking..... why do you only 'think' this happened? surely it either did or didnt happen, if youve heard it through work you would have remembered wouldnt you?  not doubting you mate its just ive never heard anything about this before.