The Owlstalk Myth

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

"We don't play to Rhodes strengths and get crosses into the box".

Take a look at Steven Fletcher goals in the last 10 games - majority from crosses.

From memory - Huddersfield playoffs (Header from cross), Derby Home (Header from Cross) Newcastle at home (Fletcher and Lees from crosses).Hooper against Derby also from a cross.

Any responses to how Fletcher seems to be scoring from crosses into the box?

Cheers.

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, AwokenGiant said:

Rhodes needs games plus pre-season! 

Hooper missed majority of the season - comes back and makes a massive impact.

Just now, RocketOwl said:

Hooper missed majority of the season - comes back and makes a massive impact.

Hoopers been involved with us for a while, if I recall he struggled when he first come for fitness! I am sure Rhodes will benefit from a preseason with us! 

4 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Take a look at Steven Fletcher goals in the last 10 games - majority from crosses.

From memory - Huddersfield playoffs (Header from cross), Derby Home (Header from Cross) Newcastle at home (Fletcher and Lees from crosses).Hooper against Derby also from a cross.

Cheers.

Let it go saddo it's getting boring now

cheers.

We need two strikers in and around the box. Hooper and Fletcher was really effective, both in terms of goals and points. Rhodes contribution to our goal-scoring is well established.

Any two from Rhodes, Fletch and Hooper playing 90% of next season and we will be very serious contenders for an auto spot.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Holmowl said:

We need two strikers in and around the box. Hooper and Fletcher was really effective, both in terms of goals and points. Rhodes contribution to our goal-scoring is well established.

Any two from Rhodes, Fletch and Hooper playing 90% of next season and we will be very serious contenders for an auto spot.

2/3 of that is correct and the 3rd is Fernando :-)

Just now, Holmowl said:

Think this is bang on.  Not sure why the OP is being criticised. Fletch is a real handful in the air and scored some great headers. This isn't a reflection on JR though, who was pulling defenders with him and getting in shots that others were picking up rebounds from. I thought Winnal did ok when he played. He's no JR but he took his goals well (especially v brum) and will play his part. 

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

It's absolute rounduns that we don't cross the ball enough. 

The issues are, 1. too often the delivery is poor and 2. too often the finish is poor.

People make way too many excuses for certain strikers. We create more than enough. 

Go back and watch us under Stuart Gray if you want to see poor service.

Glad to see there are some posters on here who know the game and clearly watch us.

13 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Cheers.

Since he's been here I've been devastated at how poor of a footballer he looks. 

I knew he wasn't a world beater from the times I've watched him, but I thought he was quick footed, a bit of a live wire in and around the box.

I'm pinning all my hopes on a niggling injury that's been hampering him, as to explain for his total lack of anything resembling athleticism 

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, torres said:

Since he's been here I've been devastated at how poor of a footballer he looks. 

I knew he wasn't a world beater from the times I've watched him, but I thought he was quick footed, a bit of a live wire in and around the box.

I'm pinning all my hopes on a niggling injury that's been hampering him, as to explain for his total lack of anything resembling athleticism 

Same here pal.

Like you I had seen him play quite a bit at Blackburn, so knew he had limitations but always seemed to be able to have the knack of scoring despite not doing much else.

Unfortunately for us he is not scoring and still not doing much else.

Our fans are clinging to the hope we have not signed a dud, by clinging to stats that he is on the pitch when we score, which is fairly cringeworthy.

For me he has looked worryingly slow and lightweight and the penalty incident has not helped me warm to him.

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

More effective wide...

In your opinion.

If you want your best attacking outlet worried about tracking back and keeping shape I guess you have a point.