Dunk & Stevens

Getting off the countless threads about the fallout from last night and Carlos looking forward to next season . We on owl's talk very rarely agree as a whole, but a vast majority me included think we need a new Cb and Cm. For me if Brighton decided to upgrade on them I'd break the bank. They offer bags of leadership and that real dig in deep never say die attitude we do seem a little lightweight in when times get rough could they help get us over the line too? . 

Dunk is a born & bred Brighton fan & well capable of making the step up to the Premier. There is less chance of Dunk coming to Wednesday than there was of Rhodes growing a pair & taking a penalty last night.

1 minute ago, 19owl08 said:

Our best bet at a centre back will be Maguire at Hull. 

Not sure he'd come as he'd rather play in the Premiership

but he is an Owl so maybe we could tempt him. 

I think this boat has sailed. Had an outstanding season and rumored to be in line for a call up to next England squad. He may move on but it will certainly be back to the Premier League.

27 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Getting off the countless threads about the fallout from last night and Carlos looking forward to next season . We on owl's talk very rarely agree as a whole, but a vast majority me included think we need a new Cb and Cm. For me if Brighton decided to upgrade on them I'd break the bank. They offer bags of leadership and that real dig in deep never say die attitude we do seem a little lightweight in when times get rough could they help get us over the line too? . 

Top quality players picked up by Brighton for peanuts . They are the model we need to aspire to . 

2 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

Our best bet at a centre back will be Maguire at Hull. 

Not sure he'd come as he'd rather play in the Premiership

but he is an Owl so maybe we could tempt him. 

Once a piggy always a piggy we want someone who can make owls part of their blood part of who they are put us in their heart. Piggies won't do that

Just now, WayneTheOwl said:

I think this boat has sailed. Had an outstanding season and rumored to be in line for a call up to next England squad. He may move on but it will certainly be back to the Premier League.

I tend to agree but he'd be an easier target than Dunk. If he truly thought we could get promoted maybe he'd go for it?!

Surely it would be any Wednesday fans dream to help the team win the championship & get into the Premiership. Then stay & play in the Premiership with the team. 

You may be right in terms of the England call being too much though if he really does have a chance of that.

15 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Dunk won't be sold.

people forget that CBs are like rocking horse bobbar at the moment.

Look at England's for the last 20 years. Now who can they select?

Excellent point. 20 years ago there were centre halves who couldn't get a sniff who would walk into this England side. 

Dunk will stay at Brighton or if he does go it will be to someone in the PL like Burnley if the sell Keane. I'd go back in for Grant Hanley personally. Left sided and solid plus a threat in the opponents box. Maybe no surprise Blackburn got relegated the season after they sold him. Newcastle haven't used him so perfect time to get him.

I would think that with all the ridiculous spending that's gone off, we must be close to the FFP ceiling, especially with having to 'stage' the payments for "I don't fancy it from 12 yards" Rhodes. 

We need to sell before we buy I would think. Also if Prem clubs come knocking for our top boys, it may be in our longer term best interests to sell sadly.

Just now, MuddyFunkster said:

Dunk will stay at Brighton or if he does go it will be to someone in the PL like Burnley if the sell Keane. I'd go back in for Grant Hanley personally. Left sided and solid plus a threat in the opponents box. Maybe no surprise Blackburn got relegated the season after they sold him. Newcastle haven't used him so perfect time to get him.

Are Newcastle interested in selling him you think? You'd imagine we'd still be interested in him. I can't really think of many in England who we'd be able to get right now or wouldn't have to overpay for, we may end up having to look abroad

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Are Newcastle interested in selling him you think? You'd imagine we'd still be interested in him. I can't really think of many in England who we'd be able to get right now or wouldn't have to overpay for, we may end up having to look abroad

If he's going to be nowhere near their PL squad of 25 then he'd surely want first team football. If he doesn't then that's not the sort of character I'd want anyway.

2 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

If he's going to be nowhere near their PL squad of 25 then he'd surely want first team football. If he doesn't then that's not the sort of character I'd want anyway.

That is true, im not sure he will be near it benitez will look to sign someone better to play with Lascelles. Who knows if we can afford it him now, may have to end up loaning him