It's good to see Barnsley fans are taking it well

Spoke to a old time Barnsley fan last night and he was very calm about it.

Agreed they didn't feel sorry for Scunthorpe when they took him off them.

It's football if Manchester United came came in for any of our players they'd be off like a shot. 

17 minutes ago, TAOWL267 said:

Spoke to a old time Barnsley fan last night and he was very calm about it.

Agreed they didn't feel sorry for Scunthorpe when they took him off them.

It's football if Manchester United came came in for any of our players they'd be off like a shot. 

Good comparison, Barnsley raiding a nearby club for their star player. The question is did the Scunthorpe fans react in the same shameful way as the Barnsley fans slagging off Winnall calling him a snake and much, much worse?

As for us, the best comparison would be Leeds raiding our best players should they get promoted and we didn't. I'd like to think we'd be gutted but not react in the same way as many BFC fans have, but who knows?

10 hours ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed, that is."   (Yoda.)

22 minutes ago, zico.b said:

"When money talks, there are few interruptions". (Herbert V. Prochnow)

There are 16 bottles of barley wine in the sideboard (St. pauli von Owlstalk)

On 12/01/2017 at 18:49, prowl said:

I'm not sure we poached him. We made an offer, they accepted. We talked to him and agreed terms.Seems like a normal transaction to me, done by the book.

In Hirst's case, Everton haven't made an offer yet. Newspapers say they are about to make an offer, our fans ridiculed it, the club said he's happy here and not for sale.

Ahh, but you fail to see, we don't know the 'goings on' the point is some on here were in meltdown due to the Hirst tabbing up, yet when Barnsley get touchy on their forums they are a bunch of nobodies...everything is relative, we buy off Barnsley. Man U, Everton et al buy off us. (assuming we have players they want) BTW Hirst senior would have gone bar Francis...and good on him. I hate losing players to the rich clubs it does my strawberries in, I would imagine Barnsley fans feel the same. No need to mock, cos its hypocritical

On 14/01/2017 at 09:03, Beauchief Owl said:

Good comparison, Barnsley raiding a nearby club for their star player. The question is did the Scunthorpe fans react in the same shameful way as the Barnsley fans slagging off Winnall calling him a snake and much, much worse?

As for us, the best comparison would be Leeds raiding our best players should they get promoted and we didn't. I'd like to think we'd be gutted but not react in the same way as many BFC fans have, but who knows?

Yeah I'd imagine if fessi signed for Leeds we'd just say fair do's old chap off you pop 

On 14/1/2017 at 09:03, Beauchief Owl said:

Look at our "fans" re Forestieri, some are still vvankers to him now