The Owls vs Brighton. Official Matchday Thread.

pauli

4 minutes ago, Eastern said:

too little too late.

shouldnt have lost this game.

Brighton don't look all that 

They are tho.

Great performance away against a team with our home reputation.

They countered us well and got their reward.

Rember the bombardment they threw at us in play offs at their place?..

Guest Copthorneowl
5 minutes ago, Eastern said:

I just have an overwhelming hated of them having lived in Sussex for years.

A set of fans so far up their own arse it's unbelievable.

Live ived in Sussex 30 years they're fans no different to any others they only see things they're way what's so different about us.

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its gonna be like this all season, .Win 2 lose 1...its a competitive league, 

I reckon we will be around the play offs again, and all the fookwhittery that brings....On the good news side

Can't see us going down.................

I agree, I know sometimes it's frowned upon but I said after Tuesday I'd take a gritty 0-0 not because a point was great but more because I didn't want to gift them 3. 

Our next run  of games all more winnable, right up until Newcastle game. 

On another day, we'd have won with 20 plus shots, hoping hooper starts next few now and he can have a purple patch. 

Wednesday 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion (Hooper 90+5). 

Possession: 59-41

Shots on target: 4-3

Shots off target: 18-2

Corners: 7-3

Fouls: 12-12

Yellow cards: 0-4

Red cards: 0-0

Westwood (Dawson 46), Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil (Hooper 58), Wallace, Lee, Bannan, Reach, Forestieri, Fletcher. 

Subs not used: Buckley, Jones, Nuhiu, Palmer, Sasso. 

Unlucky Wednesday. 

Well done Brighton & Hove Albion. 

Brighton & Hove Albion took there chances and deserved to win Wednesday didn't. 

Just got back. What a frustrating game of football. Just seen the stats and it didn't seem as one sided as that I must say. We took ages to get going again but when we did we more than matched them. At times it was like watching a giant pinball machine in their area as they put everybody behind the ball and we just couldn't get it past them. How tall are their team? Particularly their central defenders? Duffy must be about 6ft 5ins! They have cartoon character names too - Duffy, Dunk and Bong! Don't play like it though. My daughter's assessment of it was that it was like watching a set of hobbits against men of steel at times. Fletcher hardly won a header today - that's how tall they were. Don't really know what to think - we seemed lethargic in first half but got better as it went on. Started slowly in second but again came into it as half went on. Unlucky with some of chances saved and cleared off line - again some bad misses. Hope we don't look back on all these and regret them. Haven't read rest of thread but has anybody mentioned the referee? Two of our players got blatantly smacked by their players right in front of us - first Wallace who took a whack to the face and then Hunt who got smacked and given a nose bleed. Ref gave nothing. Bannan gave him a right talking too. Again my daughter's assessment - Why are they so dirty and why are we too nice?

8 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Ah, but nobody else has got the amount of attacking threat and options we have.

The little magician FF probing, and looking for gaps, to get in around the back. Fletch looking to sniff one out or put in a team mate. The sublime Hooper pulling defenders out of position. Bannan having a sneaky blast from 30 yards. Lee slipping through un-noticed Frank Lampard style, Abdi, balls full of spunk and ready to burst, Reach sneaking to the byeline to put in a dangerous cross. 

I summise that Brighton will get beat 2-0. We have the key to unlock their defence. Trust me. I'm hardly ever wrong. About anything. Ever.

Hmmmmmmm. Ok then