Carlos' Response To Defeat

post-37726-0-72805300-1464558858.jpgpost-37726-0-71910100-1464558872.jpg

Carlos was clearly as gutted as the rest of us at the final whistle yesterday, but I love this quote from him:

"I'm like the fans and the players, very disappointed. We played against a strong team and they were better in the game. I must say thank you to the fans, they were the best fans in Wembley. We are proud of what we did during this season. This moment is something we must put in our heart and play with this next season."

Within minutes of the game ending, he managed to turn the crushing disappointment into a potential positive for next season, and he's absolutely spot on -  there's no point dwelling on what might have been; chairman, manager, players and fans can use the pain of yesterday's defeat to spur us on to redouble our efforts and come back stronger and even more determined next season.

I'm sure Carlos will be looking to maximise the lessons learned from yesterday's disappointment in order to galvanise us going forward. Let's just hope this time next year it's tears of joy in his eyes.

post-37726-0-95583300-1464558826.gif

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

always had a feeling if we win we would see a absolute maniac unleashed in carlos ... in defeat pictures videos ive seen have proved it the man is a fan of this club does what he can ... like the players we gave it our all hull had summat better experience calm whatever ... wish it went on our fans last night cause boy i am proud of what we did i was distraught thought we'd done it our fans there hull fans (the ones i spoke to i have tons of love for consoled me in a bad time) all day we arrived early but hull fans looked defeated .. i can understand walking around outside wembley hull fans nerves we took over wembley.. its the leaving when they looked like they'd swallowed a bees nest i cannot accept we won last night they'd be a party like for pre game absolutely breathe taking just trying to utter the last words of a a started chant everything was perfect ... and i am not gonna say we played bad think hull was a better side enough said we gave it our all we fell short of a small margin ....

like carlos all i ask let take this support summat championship have nver seen lets just sing all season next year and see what happens!! 

Edited by Michael Dean Watson

He said the right things and kept a level head like he usually does.

I remember Kevin Blackwell saying something less Inspiring after the burnley defeat such as "I always thought with this game, don't lose it and I'll have to think about what comes next". Not really what people need to hear at the time and we know what came next.

We're saying the right things, but I think it will take a good summer in the transfer market to blow away a potential hangover for all involved. A lot of those players looked very down at the final whistle

Edited by Bluesteel

Think this picture is worth the proverbial thousand words, the atmosphere and after match response obviously got to him. Just as ( I feel) the level of support got to the players during the game and instilled fear.... fear of letting down support of a level that not one of them has ever experienced before, infact I seriously doubt that it has ever been matched in this country.

post-23806-0-72949800-1464588611.gif

Twitter...

Im very proud 1f499.png "best fans in new Wembley so far" told me a responsible from stadium. 1f499.pngWAWAW1f499.png

The man is going to be considered a legend if he carries on the revival, and keeps up this level of rapport, that's for sure.

Think this picture is worth the proverbial thousand words, the atmosphere and after match response obviously got to him. Just as ( I feel) the level of support got to the players during the game and instilled fear.... fear of letting down support of a level that not one of them has ever experienced before, infact I seriously doubt that it has ever been matched in this country.

I think you are spot on. I think the occasion, all the fuss about ticket allocation and sheer noise of our support got to the players on the day. But what else could we have done?

I think you are spot on. I think the occasion, all the fuss about ticket allocation and sheer noise of our support got to the players on the day. But what else could we have done?

Quite, ironic in a way... on a positive note though.... it should make the next big occasion easier to handle and be an inspiration. As Carlos said "I told the players to lock that in their hearts for next season".... or words to that effect. You have to admit though, that the level of support was utterly staggering, it got to me as a mere spectator, heaven only knows what it was like on the pitch.

Edited by lesbarbeux