Adthe Nuhiu Contract

I just took to wondering - a player we signed for the top flight, but who prospered only really in the 2nd tier - Andy Booth.   How would he compare to Nuhiu?   I personally would have Booth much better in the air, less good to feet.  We paid several million back way when for Booth.

I remember a hat trick for Booth, I think against Bolton maybe?  Wondering if he'd come good - but he was off not so long after.

I think ultimately we've only got Nuhiu for 12-18 months, but we'll get some good money for him put towards a more expensive replacement.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Look at what is out there, and how much it costs.

I don't dispute the prices nowadays are ridiculous but would you personally if you had the money spend 2 mill on nuhiu?

We'd be absolutely foolish not to be in negotiations with him.

He's still the best out & out striker we've got at the club, he's the current leading goalscorer, a vital catalyst in the way we play, and he's still at a very good age.

With three years on his contract, he's worth at least £2m. And that's at the very least. So whether he's a player that Carlos & the committee see as a long term option as our No. 9 or not, it's vital the club protects its asset by getting him signed up.

Regardless of all that, he deserves one also. 

I don't dispute the prices nowadays are ridiculous but would you personally if you had the money spend 2 mill on nuhiu?

Without a doubt. 

Just look at what clubs are spending these days. 

Nuhiu, whether you like it or not, is admired by his peers, both at this club and others. 

With a good length to run on his contract, Nuhiu would easily fetch £2m. 

At least he would officially be the worst player in history to play in the premiership! lol

There have been far worse strikers who have made the premiership look untidy . 

Anyone remember Marco Boogers 

At least he would officially be the worst player in history to play in the premiership! lol

Ali Dia

Massimo Taibi

Marco Boogers

Aaron Wilbraham

Titus Bramble

Jean Alain Boumsong

He'll be no where near this list

Say what you like about Nuhiu, he'd rustle a few feathers in the top tier

Edited by Tommo_SWFC

There have been far worse strikers who have made the premiership look untidy . 

Anyone remember Marco Boogers 

I agree, it was more tongue in cheek that were gonna be in the premiership next season

I just took to wondering - a player we signed for the top flight, but who prospered only really in the 2nd tier - Andy Booth.   How would he compare to Nuhiu?   I personally would have Booth much better in the air, less good to feet.  We paid several million back way when for Booth.

I remember a hat trick for Booth, I think against Bolton maybe?  Wondering if he'd come good - but he was off not so long after.

I think ultimately we've only got Nuhiu for 12-18 months, but we'll get some good money for him put towards a more expensive replacement.

Yep. He scored 3 against Bolton. We won 5-0 at home, all 5 goals in the 1st half. Second half was dogpiss. 

Good move from the  club.  

No denying he doesn't give his all every game.  Before anyone says get rid, he cost us nothing, had proved to be value for money and will always put a shift in.  

Think he is someone useful to have in the squad.  

Not saying we don't need to bring in a clinical striker up top, I'm sure that's on the agenda as well/.

If we want the premiership within 2 seasons then offering the likes of nuhiu a new contract is a joke to be honest

But there's 6 man markers on him in every game allowing other players to score lol

Deserved too.

Why let our best striker for the formation we play go? Love him or hate him but he plays that role better than anyone else at the club. Tie him up for another two years whilst we look for a better player. He gives his all, but letting him go for free without a replacement would be crazy.

Does anyone seriously think he will get an offer from a club better than us? Honestly no need to rush into this one.

I still remain hopeful that by the end of the season he will be no more than a squad player, and deserving of a squad player contract should we choose to offer him one.

Dun't matter wether their better than us or not, pound notes (or Euro's) are what will matter most.

Personally, I also hope we'll have someone in the squad to compliment him, or at least give him a rest now and again without us suffering..