What are your expectations of CC for the new season?

I would like top half, sniffing around the play offss, however, I will be pleased to see attacking football and a system starting to gel ahead of a real good tilt at promotion next season, even if it ment finishing lower in the table.

This.

If he's here next season it'll be a rare thing for him won't it?

Portuguese journalist was interviewed on RS when they were talking about CC.  He said that we shouldn't be alarmed by the fact he was rarely at a club more than a year, as that is just more of the norm 'on the continent'.  In Britain we are more brought up on manager's establishing dynasties and having lengthy stays if they are successful, but apparently in countries such as Portugal its more common to change managers with high frequency (even if they do do well).  As expectations of clubs change, they usually change their management to go with it. Don't know how true it all is, but I'm inclined to trust the interviewees judgement as he'll know more about how Portuguese football operates than us.  

Guest Distraught!

To do better than his predecessor (Gray) is the minimum expectation otherwise what is the point making the change? Attractive football is all well and good but folk will only care about that if it translates into results.

We'll start poorly in all probability, as we're trying to overhaul our entire way of playing.  It's just to be expected.  Not relegation fodder poorly, but I could see us being inconsistent (much like we were last season) and lurching around mid-table to start. 

The key will be for Chansiri not to panic and give Carvalhal the time to implement what he is trying to do, and aim to have a really strong second half of the season.  This would give us a tremendous platform to fine-tune things next summer for a proper assault on the higher end of the league (Chansiri wants us up by 2017, not 2016...).

The other important thing will be the fanbase realising its unlikely we'll hit the ground running, and to just to be patient with what we're trying to do.  After what we've read on here this summer, I'm doubtful he'll be afforded such patience, sadly.  

Lee Bullen could really hold the key this season

For example, does CC know Bolton play route 1 football and the chances of Lopez winning a header against Pratley are zero.

does he know MK Dons play very good possession football?

does he know Bristol City ran away with League 1 and will be coming to Hillsborough on a mega high, important we score first etc...

Guest Fedor

I think he will struggle. Don't think the players will buy into his style of play. They will be confused.

It won't work.

IMO the following would represent sound progress - 

A top half finish.

Hillsborough once more to become a place visiting teams dread to play at.

CC to survive his first season in English football.

The acquisition of one or two youngsters with serious potential.

Development of the training facilities to improve our ability to attract young talent to the club.

The enhancement of our scouting network.

I agree - if we are struggling after 8 games, he could be gone - replaced by someone more conventional who will knit the team together and make us tougher to beat. We'll end up 8th

Going for this as well. Will all go horribly wrong 3 minutes in to the Bristol city game, end up losing 3-1, pressure mounts, scrapes a couple of draws in between more defeats, gone by end of September beginning of November and replaced as above.

I will be disappointed with a 'top half' finish, going on last seasons finish (almost top half), us letting go basically no players who we will miss, and signing plenty of better players, a marginal improvement on last season I will view as a disappointment. 

Be interesting to see the team's fitness.  There was talk of double training sessions.  An old friend who chiefly lives in Istanbul and watches Besiktas tells me CC had a reputation for ensuring players were really fit, somewhat in a Pochettino mode.  

All take time to gel and obviously recruitment not ended yet.  A few points off the playoffs by year end, and hopefully kick on.

Looking forward to it.  I missed Boro and Brentford, our two best home shows last season.  

We will struggle for the first couple of months while the team gels. By October there will be calls on here for his sacking, but the majority will see things are developing.Mr Chansiri will stick by him and In November we will finally click. In the January transfer window he will sell Nuhiu to his best mate Mourinho and use the money to make a MASSIVE signing. Adthe will go on to be the Premier League's leading scorer before being sold to Real Madrid for 48 million. Wednesday will get 20 million of this through a clever sell on clause. We finish the season just outside the playoffs after narrowly losing in the FA cup semi-final to Man City. Over the summer we strengthen the team with the money from Nuhiu and Chansiri announces a 5 year price freeze for backing him. Next season we smash the Championship and are crowned Champions by Easter.....or summat like that.