Stevie May

IMO we should see how he does in pre-season. If it doesn't look like he's progressed then I'd prefer him to go out on loan for 3 months to a division one club. Can't see another stint in Scotland doing much for his development in terms of cutting it in England. Of course if Rangers had the bunce to see us getting a substantial chunk of our investment back then letting him go might be a reasonable option. Don't think they can afford to buy him though.

Guest wilyfox

If I was him I'd make the move. Never gonna get a chance here with the numbskulls who write you off after your first season at a much higher level in a shitt side.

Because our opinion of him affects whether or not he gets a game?

With Hirsty still involved at the club since he retired, I have always found it astonishing he has never had a formal role mentoring, coaching or training our forward line / attacking midfielders.

Its a travesty IMO that our most talented goal-scorer of recent times, a man who's positioning, anticipation, technique, strength, determination, pace and ability to hit a ball with such power in a split second on the run or on the turn and would cost £60M at todays prices is not showing our players how its done..

Theres no proof that Hirst has or would ever make a good coach, he certainly didn't always have the best attitude towards the game when he was a player.

His was a natural ability that you simply can't teach Kim Olsen.

Theres no proof that Hirst has or would ever make a good coach, he certainly didn't always have the best attitude towards the game when he was a player.

His was a natural ability that you simply can't teach Kim Olsen.

Very likely "attitude" is the reason Hirsty is not involved in a more important role. Not the most reliable bloke in the world so I've been told. Great guy, just not the most motivated.

In a more attacking team with better service he would bag 20+ goals for us no worries.

Based on what.....aside from a high work rate I didn't see any attributes that could make you think he will score 20+ goals in the championship...I think he's an okay player but no better than lavery, if we're bringing in better quality we don't need both of them

I like it when fans show patience with players, but I've got to admit, I'm surprised that (some) people want May to stay and be given another chance this season.

He did nothing last season to make me think he's got what it takes to make the step-up to this league. In fact I don't think he made any progression whatsoever, especially when I compare him to a player like Nuhui, who - although he may still not be good enough - has visibly improved.

Too slow, too weak, not clinical enough in front of goal: get rid for me.