60 points i think the team have done well .Now we need to turn some defeats into draws and some of our 18 draws into wins .We are 29 points off top 2 two places ,Going on 10 more wins ,It,s going to take a big change in our playing mentality .A proven goal scorer who can score in this division is a must ,We took a gamble on May it did not work ,So if the owner is serious no gambling on someone from lg 1, or 2 .This level the minimum.

I really dislike all this May bashing. If he hasn't scored 30 goals he's rubbish. Its his first season in championship football, he's come from Scotland which we all know is a bag of you know what. The most successful striker at Swfc this season is Adthe who has scored off long Punts and crosses into box.

I agree we need another striker but let's address our midfield add some quality in there and give May a chance to play off them. let's judge him come end of next season.

I really dislike all this May bashing. If he hasn't scored 30 goals he's rubbish. Its his first season in championship football, he's come from Scotland which we all know is a bag of you know what. The most successful striker at Swfc this season is Adthe who has scored off long Punts and crosses into box.

I agree we need another striker but let's address our midfield add some quality in there and give May a chance to play off them. let's judge him come end of next season.

Am not Knocking May but it,s our style of play it does not suit May  but scottish football probably his level.

you need a big hitting side to take one of the top 2 places...

got to score for fun, and have a decent rest of the team too...

it's a lot to put together in such a short time...

so i'm not expectin' us to be top 2 (though i'd live with it if we were)...

stick our noses in the play off picture for me will do next term...

but, you can't win, if yer don't buy a ticket...

Still unsure on May. Looked better when he had confidence when we first signed him but didn't get any chances to score. When the chances came his confidence was shot.

He seems to have ok attributes but none outstanding. However he had a goal in him in Scotland and other players have scored similar amounts in their first seasons and gone on to score regularly.

Certainly hope he is given a chance next season but we do need to buy at least one proven striker if we are really going for promotion.

We haven't got time to wait for players with potential to come good.

Warning: Statto* alert!

60 points is a decent return considering our squad, but we were still a massive 18 points off the playoffs. I thought I'd look at how many points are usually needed for a playoff place...

Over the last 10 years, the 6th placed team have had 78 (this year), 72, 68, 75, 75, 70, 74, 70, 75, 75 points. This would suggest we'd need at least 8 more points (easily achievable!) or more likely, 13 (the average is 73.2 points).

But where can we get those points from?

- Home form! (Only 26 points were registered at home, compared to 34 away. Teams finishing between 3rd - 6th averaged 45 home points!)

- Goals! (As doubleo said, only the relegated sides scored less than us - and NO-ONE scored less home goals than us!)

- In games against the top half, we finished 10th (not bad). Against the bottom half, we were 14th. We need to be more clinical against inferior opposition.

- We had 8 0-0 draws (the most in the division; turning just half of those into wins would've given us an extra 8 points!)

- We went on that streak of 10 without a win (only 3 teams had longer spells). We need a change in mentality, we can mix it with the best (as recent draws against the top two have proved) so we need to play with a bit more confidence / swagger - especially at home!

This is going to be a very interesting summer, signing-wise, but we CAN do it! (After all, Watford finished 13th with 60 points last season!) UTO!

*courtesy of statto.com - a very useful website!