not really - it was a gamble that hasn't paid off - it happens at clubs across the football pyramid

"Stole a wage" what a load of tosh. We chose to pay him.

Paul Corry contributes in a senior football match...I guess hell just froze over.

Why do people feel the need to make spiteful comments like this ?..............it has,nt worked out for him here but good luck to him elsewhere.

I dont think anyone on here can really judge him or McCabe properly as neither of them ever had a proper run in the side.

How can anyone privileged enough to play football refuse to go out on loan to play and potentially further your career!?

you dont know his circumstances , maybe the thought of 3 months living in a crappy travellodge in a strange town miles from his wife/girlfriend/children/mates doesnt appeal to him .......

you dont know his circumstances , maybe the thought of 3 months living in a crappy travellodge in a strange town miles from his wife/girlfriend/children/mates doesnt appeal to him .......

This.

People forget that footballers are still people who live in all sorts of circumstances. They are extremely blessed to do the sport they love for a living, but that doesn't mean they have to accept any loan move...if it doesn't fit into their lifestyle.

Corry is already living away from his family. Any move away from Sheffield would have to be the right one. Carlisle may have appealed to him due to Matt Young being there?

I remember Lavery being loaned to Plymouth last year. He posted a picture of himself alone in a poo poo hotel...looking pretty miserable. That was on Christmas Day!

Don't understand why there would be any bitterness towards Corry or Mccabe. They were cheap gambles that didn't pay off. Move on.

Guest wilyfox

Why do people feel the need to make spiteful comments like this ?..............it has,nt worked out for him here but good luck to him elsewhere.

I dont think anyone on here can really judge him or McCabe properly as neither of them ever had a proper run in the side.

I've not judged him as a person; just commented on him as a footballer - which everyone should be entitled to do on here...in a forum. It's no worse than you taking a pop at me afterwards.

They both had a run in the team, and weren't strong enough without the ball. Jones had to recall Prutton and Coke to dig us out of the mire, if you remember us languishing in the bottom three for half a season..?

I've not judged him as a person; just commented on him as a footballer - which everyone should be entitled to do on here...in a forum. It's no worse than you taking a pop at me afterwards.

They both had a run in the team, and weren't strong enough without the ball. Jones had to recall Prutton and Coke to dig us out of the mire, if you remember us languishing in the bottom three for half a season..?

Thats a fair comment Wily , although i dispute the fact that they both "had a run" in the side and i stand by the assertion that we havent seen enough of them to say hell is more likely to freeze over than them actually contributing to a football match.

Guest wilyfox

Thats a fair comment Wily , although i dispute the fact that they both "had a run" in the side and i stand by the assertion that we havent seen enough of them to say hell is more likely to freeze over than them actually contributing to a football match.

They'd have to earn another run in the team first. Maybe they will at their next clubs, but I suspect it will be a long road back to the championship for either of them.

Edited by wilyfox

The fact they haven't had a decent run in our team during their three year stay should tell you everything you need to know.

The fact they've both been on loan at League Two level at the age of 23/24 should tell you everything you need to know.

Footballers moving all around the UK/Europe/World is part and parcel of the profession, with the exception of the rare "1-club players".

If you don't like that sort of lifestyle, get a different career.