Worst refereeing display ever witnessed

I'm sorry, but I saw a different set of linesmen and ref.   The same ref who got in the way of a pass by our defense, took a few touches and passed it to their strikers.   That was a typical example tonight.

Another were clear offsides not given, foul throws leading up to both Blackburn goals, never mind dubious offsides and fouls into the lead up of both goals.   

Yes I did see a dubious ref, but it was not even.

He was slow, never up with the game, ball watching, shocking positioning, scared of players confronting him, often not watching the game from a refs point of view and watching it like a spectator, unfit lethargic and lazy.

For me, it was the most unprofessional refereeing display that I have ever seen.

Expect not much more really from the Owlstalk majority.

What's that got to do with anything. People have different commitments. I was asking what the problem was with the officials, I've seen the goals and numerous replays and the goals are onside. Just wanted to know if there were other mistakes and somebody has pointed out that there were

Apparently not allowed to ask what's happened at a match if you weren't there lol

Edited by jonesy87shef

For those of you thinking Eccy is making excuses read his post

For me the ref completely lost all sense of control not helped by a very poor south stand linesman

Tbh that was the loudest '2-0 to the referee ' I've heard for a bit and he deserved it

I don't think the wild Miskick could be called a back pass I thought they could've had 2 penalties not sure about our shout bad angle

All round shocker for the ref nuhui was fouled quite badly from behind again and again - nothing from the ref

I have seen worse refs displays but he would get 2/10 for me and that's being generous

Guest BigMikeyTheNottsOwl

in all my years watching football in general I have never seen such appalling officiating. First 'goal' was a handball, second 'goal' the ball went out of play in the run up to it but no throw in given? We had several clear penalties ignored, Nuhiu dragged to the floor countless times, god knows how many handballs and dives from them and so on... I think what stunned me most though was watching westwood concede a penalty by waiting for the ball to roll over the line before he picked it up... eh? The ref watched him do it and then blew the whistle and pointed to the corner ffs... oh and lets not forget May being blatantly fouled in the box not 3yrds away from the ref who was looking straight at them and then we have the ref not only getting in the way more than once but actually intercepting a pass and dribbling it before giving it to them???? I have honestly never seen anything like it. I would like somehow to get hold of as much footage of tonights game as poss and email an official letter of complaint to the F.A... thats how bad it was. We didnt play great first half but to be fair the lads must have been utterly demorilised by the linesman and ref. The way I see it, it should be 1-0 to us and three points in the bag since both their goals didnt count!!!!

Edited by BigMikeyTheNottsOwl

Every time Nuhiu got the ball there was someone there grabbing his shirt from behind, and some of the time pulling him to the floor.

To be honest im sick of seeing this most matches he plays.

Sure I saw one the defenders grab him at the back of his neck when he was jumping for the ball in the area.

Every time Nuhiu got the ball there was someone there grabbing his shirt from behind, and some of the time pulling him to the floor.

To be honest im sick of seeing this most matches he plays.

Sure I saw one the defenders grab him at the back of his neck when he was jumping for the ball in the area.

Agreed it must just be his size that the refs assume he must foul every time he wins it and dive when he's fouled

cannot think of an explanation why almost every game it takes attempted decapitation to get a free kick

He ignored Nuhiu getting clattered twice in the box, one in either half.

Handball for goal 1

Ball wasn't out for their corner

Blatant foul leading up to their 2nd

Clear handball in the 2nd half, Blackburn should feel hard done by, clear pen for them.

Not sure who went down in the 2nd half in our box, but the ball went out of play and neither the ref or the lino gave a decision, so the players just sort of worked it out for themselves

Rhodes got a free kick every time Lees touched him

6 or 7 clear offsides missed

Ref 2 feet away no giving a corner, lino flags from across the other side of the pitch, ref gives it

It goes on and on and on.

Dreadful.

Guest Carlo Ancelotti

The Kop.

WOW.

Idiots.

They all need to be out down. The ref was spot on today. They should have had so much more.

They were not the worst I've seen but they were bad. Neither of their goals were offside but the ball clearly went out right in front of me in the build up to the second. If the liner can't spot that then we've got problems. He missed a handful of other offsides in the first half. The Keane shot that took a massive deflection that you could actually hear from the stand resulting in a goal kick was laughable.

The ref's job was made a lot harder by their players going down too easy and doing that loathsome screaming in pain or in appeal. Can't stand that.

Edited by Saxondale

Two clear moments stood out for me.

Firstly when Lees handled the ball in the box. He was clearly fouled, the guy was practically laid on him. Anyone with eyes could see it was a freaking, but if he doesn't give that then there is a blatant handball. Instead he ignored both incidents.

Second was when he got in Magugan's way. The ball hit him and he didn't even notice. He had the ball at his feet for at least 2 seconds and didn't move a muscle.