Posh London Owls

Guest sotonowl

I must admit, I can never understand  why we can ostracise racists, anti feminists, ageists, etc,etc (and rightly so) and we can't get to grips with drunken yobs who like to turn up at football matches and swear in front of women and children.

Probably my age.

Fk the swearing, the issue for me is this bizarre belief from some "real fans" that unless you are born and bred in an S postcode you are not a true fan. I can tell you from experience this is nonsense...I have a southern accent and have been a season ticket holder for 15 years and went to my first game over 30 years ago...my old man is from carbrook and brainwashed me as a child. Admire our southern fans guys its what makes us different to our porcine neighbours

Guest Barney's Bar

Had a good laugh with " the posh fans "

Top Lads

Wednesdayites you know.

Born & Bred Derbyshire...not up to some of your high standards...probably.

As a 'Posh Southerner' that takes a 6 year old to games I've not noticed a particular problem with the language amongst our fans.

We did have 8 or 9 tanked up morons turn up at 1458 against Charlton and squeeze into the 6 seats behind us. Their opening conversation went something like..

"Where the flip is flipping Tommo the coont?"

"I'm flipping here you fat bastad"

"What's bastad team then Tommo?"

"Wait a flipping minute you flip I'm sticking my bets on"

"Nah then it looks like that useles flipping lump is up front on his own, flip sake"

"Tommo stick ten on these southern fookers, we've got no flipping chance with this team."

"Look at those coonts over there, I flipping hate southern bastads me."

I think we'd moved by 1501. Can't say I was massively bothered by the language it was just a bit uncomfortable having it shouted in my 6 year olds ear every few seconds.

Does that make all Northerners potty mouthed simpletons? No. Does that make all southerners prudes? No. Isolated incident resulting from a day on the beer, not the end of the world.